Clicky

Hunter Abrams

Im looking for a good long range rifle...

Its long rang duh...

None expensive rifles are a plus

Semi auto is a must

7.62 or bigger (NATO)

Modular is a must (lots of stocks/grips/mag/rail etc options)

Easy to use/clean

Im thinking of a M1A as I have shot one and I know it has alot of options. But its Expensive. None AR platform.

Edited by Hunter Abrams

In my expierence if your looking for a modular sharpshooter rifle at low price, is to snag a decent AR15 and make the proper modifications your looking for.

(General firearms safety statement : Do your homework, consult with experts and give all your love and focus to the modification process should you commit to it personally)

I own an AR im not done modding. But its my CQC/CQB setup. Flip sights/eotech/forward grip/tac light. Im wanting a medium/long range weapon that has the same modularity and options as my AR.

The guns I own. I dont want to modify my WWII rifles as im keeping them 100% original

1312995014.hunterabrams_photo0158.jpg

Edited by Hunter Abrams

http://www.ruger.com/products/mini14TacticalRifle/models.html

Ruger Mini-14. It's chambered in 5.56, but for $921, it's kind of a decent trade-off. Especially for the Tactical Model, which comes with a Pistol grip and Rails instead of the full wood / Synthetic stock.

EDIT: Ruger also makes the Mini-thirty, which comes in 7.62x39, but there doesn't seem to be a tactical version of it handy. :C

Can probably snag third-party parts for it though. It's also a little pricier.

http://www.ruger.com...fle/models.html

Ruger Mini-14. It's chambered in 5.56, but for $921, it's kind of a decent trade-off. Especially for the Tactical Model, which comes with a Pistol grip and Rails instead of the full wood / Synthetic stock.

EDIT: Ruger also makes the Mini-thirty, which comes in 7.62x39, but there doesn't seem to be a tactical version of it handy. :C

Can probably snag third-party parts for it though. It's also a little pricier.

I really kick myself for not getting one of those... I also beat myself shitless for not getting a m1a too lol.

Edited by Hunter Abrams

In regards to being 'as modular as an AR' it doesn't really apply to boltguns. If you wanted semi-auto, the M110, or other .308 armalite platform would be to your liking, as an M14 EBR is a bit pricier a beast.

If you're looking for 'long range' you may want to step up to .338 Lapua magnum, though the gun prices themselves start a bit higher than the .308 and below crowd. Ammo costs are a bit higher if you're not a reloader, but at least not at the same level as .50BMG or other proprietary long-distance cartridge. Savage Arms I believe makes a somewhat affordable model. The Barrett 98B/MRAD is a little out of price range. Trying to think of other brands, but the names escape me.

Although I suppose a better question is, how much are you willing to spend on glass? Are you factoring $2000 total, or just the gun itself?

Gas tubes? like on the DGI ARs? Or as in the tube on any rifle?

Pretty much all Semi-Auto's you will find are going to be gas-piston operated unless its AR based (and even still, some of those)

You also need to define "long range".

Are you talking crazy ranges like the .338 Lapua and up? Or will a .308 or 7.62NATO work?

if 7.62/.308 will work, check out. These are just ideas, and I am not super familiar with all of these:

Springfield M1A

Sig SIG716 (Look at the Precision Marksman version)

PTR-19 (G3 Clones. The 91 is in 308, and had variants form the "GI" which is a standard G3, to more modern ones with rails, and even a MSG system. Also, no gas piston, as it is blowback. I have fired one of these and they are really smooth.)

FN FNAR

Browning BAR (The hunting rifle, not B.A.R. Its not a tactical style, but it offers several chamberings and should work for hunting ranges)

Kel-Tec RFB (Massive barrel and uses FAL Magazine)

Just some thoughts!