Clicky

Krow Ames

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

BEHOLD BROTHERS FOR I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT.

And the light is the breath of dragons!

I have beheld the glory that is Skyrim in all its divinity.

I have drawn the blood of the impure Imperials.

I have drank of the elixir that pours forth from the slain dragons.

Rejoice brothers, for all that might be slain and yet will be slain.

For I have cometh!

Skyrim is gaming's Disneyworld. It's positively colossal, bursting at the seams with magic, and full of giant rodents. Unfortunately, the two also share one less savory similarity: They're far from perfect. But while you can't patch out the miles-long line to ride Space Mountain, Skyrim's bugs are oh-so-squashable. Version 1.2, of course, will be doing the honors, and it's right around the corner with a Wednesday, November 30 drop date. Read on for the full patch notes, courtesy of Bethesda's blog.

Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz.

Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away.

Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead.

Dragon corpses now clean up properly.

Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack.

Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug.

Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely.

Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory.

Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor.

Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death.

ESC button can now be used to exit menus.

Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues.

General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls

Mike Swaim with Cracked gave Skyrim "Game of the year."

Here's what he wrote:

"This is the first game I've played that I can imagine becoming dangerously absorbed by, Matrix-style. I have a friend who was heavily into EverQuest in a big, debilitating way, and this could very well be that for me. Heck, it could be that for all of us! I often find myself walking somewhere in Skyrim that I could easily teleport to, just to take time wondering at the natural beauty around me: Glacial peaks dusted with wind-blown snow, birch trees shaking lemon-yellow leaves at a starry sky, dragons gently gliding over -- OH Ffff KILLITKILLIT! "CAN'T FAST TRAVEL WHEN ENEMIES ARE WHAT?!" AAAAH WHERE DID ALL THESE WOLVES COME FROM?! AIEEEEEE!"

While Skyrim does have a "the quality of the weapon matters" approach, which is realistic, in many ways, it also practices, parallel to that a philosophy "the weapon does not matter as much as the use of it". This I find, is something alot of gamers have trouble with, they are always so used to always upgrading, looking for better weapons and in Skyrim, you don't really need to upgrade all that often, depending on if you know how to use the weapons properly/where to get the good ones.

I've got some higher skill levels in Heavy Armor and Two-Handed weapons, and they pretty much make fighting Dragons into a silly game. The fact that Wuuthrad with 3/5 points put into the first piece of the Two-Handed tree puts the axe at 57 damage, and that 2 or outta 5 on the first section of the Heavy Armor tree puts basic Steel Armor at 56 rating...