Clicky

Jayce Iredell

Jayce's RL, and some recent problems.

I don't normally talk to everyone so openly about what goes on in my life, but for those of you who know me well enough; you know I struggle all the time to control my various emotional and other issues. Well it has come to a pass within the last few weeks, both realizations within myself and observations from others, that in the last several years I have not changed much of my life.

I am stuck in a rut as one might say, but very recently, within the last few days a close confidant I consider a mentor and father figure; suggested I go into Rehab. The problem with this idea is that I have no physical substance abuse issues, and things like gambling and the like are not present on my list of things that I partake in. However, it has come down to me getting assessed by the government to go on assistance, or if I am capable of working, and moving on in my life, what issue is it that prevents me from getting better?

Well I hate this fact the most out of all this, my Psychiatrist, a close family friend who is a registered nurse, my mother, Gunau, and others are pointing the finger at my computer. They are pointing the finger at Second Life and saying its the problem.

To make thing much worse my mother has seen the television shows here in Canada where news reporters have gone and done in depth specials on SL and people within it that have altered their entire lives, even breaking up their marriages for things and others on SL. So I tried to explain what it is I do here, but that doesn't matter, not to me or to them; the bottom line is, I guess I have a problem that needs fixing.

At this point in time I haven't a clue what the proper course of action is, it all seems to make sense, but at the same time is clouded and foggy as to what an appropriate solution here is. Leaving SL, and everyone here, especially those of you who I know closely, makes my throat get dry and choked, and I almost burst into tears. I have devoted much (countless hours of my life into this place), and even though I admit its an unhealthy amount, the thought of leaving it behind, permanently or even semi permanently, breaks my heart in ways few things can.

This is in no way me saying goodbye or retiring, I just wanted to let everyone know whats been going on, and what my very immediate future may have in store for me. I hate the realization of it, but I have to confront my issues and get over this hurdle, if indeed I am addicted to computers and being online, and whatever else i keeping me down; now is the time to stare it down and attack it head on.

Finally I want to apologize, both for, and before hand if I have done or said things, or will say things to people that seem offensive or uncalled for. My emotional state tends to dictate much of my thought processes and actions. Please forgive me for them if I have caused any undue harm; I know what must happen now, but I know if I go through this alone I won't be able to make it through, your prayers and support are appreciated...

I will be around a bit still, no idea if I'll disappear just yet.

Gloria ave Imperium, gloria av Imperator,

Jayce Iredell.

Weekly report is due on my desk tomorrow, try not to let all this get in the way of that.

Of course I am kidding.

Remember that real life should always come first and sometimes SL makes it hard to remember we have one of those. Wherever your decisions or thinking takes you, make sure it is for the best. Remember that this is second life and that is it, your second life - its all about a sense of obligation and what goes on in your real life should come first.

But yeah, tomorrow...before midnight. <3 :teeth:

Keep Jayce courage. One will be always there for you

Is odd, I board friends furrys Suisse who has almost the same problem. The doctors say of him that it will have a risk of Schizophrenia. All that because of the “virtual world” in which it life. Why this there disturbs people, that certain people finds their happiness in another way of living? This there disturb them because one life not like them? What one doesn't return in… Norme imposed by people?

Is odd, I board friends furrys Suisse who has almost the same problem. The doctors say of him that it will have a risk of Schizophrenia. All that because of the “virtual world” in which it life. Why this there disturbs people, that certain people finds their happiness in another way of living? This there disturb them because one life not like them? What one doesn't return in… Norme imposed by people?

Schizophrenia is genetic though. :V