Clicky

Tsume Xiao

[Ordo] Unofficial Operation: Friendship is Magic

Is everyone forgetting to actually send him episodes of FiM? Maybe contact Hasbro and ask if they can provide?

Asking them to be discreet would be wise as well. I'm sure Priest wouldn't want to be sitting in a FOB full of Marines opening up a big pink glittery envelope with Twilight Sparkle emblazoned on the front.

I can only see 2 MLP season 2 episodes on the internets that have been posted in the past 100 days... season 1 is missing 2 epps if i look back 400 days ..

what is FiM ? Doesn't anyone watch any REAL cartoons anymore >.>

I have most of Animaniacs, 4 Looney Tunes DVD's, bunch of other Anime (no not hentai =p)

The whole pink glittery stuff might be good for al augh =p

Is everyone forgetting to actually send him episodes of FiM? Maybe contact Hasbro and ask if they can provide?

No, I am not.

I wanted to get an APO first so when I contact them I can have that stuff ready as proof that I want it sent to a service member and am not just claiming that to get free shit. :P

So ok. besides the attempt to get MLP videos.

-Candy

Any kind in specific?

-Ordo Stickers for him to put on stuff (he said he wants to put our logo on stuff, I figured stickers would be easiest)

-Headphones. (I have this taken care of as he wants something specific)

Anyone else?

Burr, would it be possible to get some logo'd gear for him?

Also.... For those curious about the most recent contact:

Tsume Says:

OK.

So basically after reading your journal i made a post on the Ordo Imperialis forums to try and get this stuff going.

Naturally, the thread is called

[Ordo] Unofficial Operation: Friendship is Magic

(Unofficial because Aryte didn't start it)

Someone commented that Hasbro is one of those companies that is just plain awesome to dedicated fans (like, these guys who wrote a paper on MLP got buckets of swag) so I will try contactingthem.

We have other... ideas... but they are less legitimate. :v

Anyways, the idea kinda morphed into something bigger, and basically a few of the Ordo guys would like to pool together and send you a full-on care package... which would hopefully include some DVD's of MLP for you as well.

Basically, I wanted to know if this was cool with you, and if it was, could I get your shipping information?

Anything else required to ship to the giant sandbox?

Let me know Priest.

Priest Says:

damn, really? Thats pretty cool. I would be honored, and I can return some pics of me putting the ordo logo in some appropriate places to make up for it.

<Address Removed>

Its a tiny ass base that I work out of, doing counter-IED work. they got hit by a 2000 lb VBIED a while back, so the place is still recovering. I live out of a twelve man tent with the rest of the combat engineers. I'll send you some pictures for flavor. Right now I am chilling out in the hospital for a quick evaluation, my RG-31 got ripped in half about three days ago. no deaths, but I get a few days off until we get a new truck.

If anyone has a paypal and wants to help me out, I would gladly pay for a pair of headphones in that package. I loaned mine to a buddy, and they were in his ruck when the truck got hit.

I asked what kind of charge would take out what was supposed to be a "safer" vehicle (the RG-31 is an MRAP). His said it was a 120LB HME that had been buried for several months, so there was no disturbed earth. Ffff. D:

Anyways.

Ideas. Go.

They have also winters in Afg (Mountains)

/>http://www.capaustral.com/guide_voyage_afghanistan.php

" Climate of Afghanistan

The climate is continental in Afghanistan. The winter is very cold (until -40°) because Afghanistan is mainly located in altitude. The summer is hot (35° with 40°) and safe dryness on the highest reliefs. The climate is very changing from one day to another lasting the autumn and spring. "

( P.S: Makes this there me thought of something :grin: http://player.theplatform.com/ps/player/pds/PVZ32iOKjb?pid=ckjSfeimTQHHZml6HKq5VabrYyGxPG9V )

I got a follow-up note from Priest this morning....

He is strange. Instead of candy or comfort Items, he wants hardware. o.o

I could also use some hardware; a couple door hinges, a padlock, and one of the locking hinges to make a closet. I got plenty of wood and nails.

And a package of bigass paintbrushes. like for painting houses. Ffffing Medevac choppers are always browning out our tent when they evac someone. They would work great for getting the dust off every damn thing.

Once I finalize things with him, I will look over the list of suggestions, combine that with what he wants, and go shopping.

Woo.

Ok. Here is the current shopping list.

My Little Pony (Contacting Hasbro on Friday)

-----From Amazon-----

Headphones (already have these picked out)

"Hoo-ahhs" Brand wipey things.

Gold Bond Medicated Foot Powder - Blue Type

Propel Brand Powdered Drink Mix

Cinnamon Imperials Candy

Chirstmas Nerds (Frosty Nerds)

Beef Jerky

Oreos

Ballpoint Pens

Q-Tips

-----Locally Purchased-----

Tan Socks (Surplus Store)

"Bigass Paintbrushes"

Door Hinges

Padlock

Locking Hinges (?)

-----Other-----

Ordo Thing (From Burr)

I may make some stickers of the Ordo Logo.

If you have any other serious ideas to contribute, please do.

Also, if you want to contribute/chip in, please let me know

Well, doesn't seem like he's too much of a fobbit - so powdered energy drinks are worth more than your sister's virginity. Only place to get ripit's, red bull, etc. is

where the pog's hang out and he probably doesn't make it back there too often if he needs the rest of that shit.

Powdered energy drink packets... hmm. 4C makes them, you can get a box of 14 or 18 for like 4 bucks or so. Send him a few boxes, everyone drinks bottled

water there and they're just the right size. Crystal Light also makes an "Energy" drink mix, I think the only flavor is strawberry.

The MLP thing might seem a bit weird - but you'd be surprised at the random crap you miss after you've spent a few months ass out of luck in the desert at

some shitty little FOB or patrol base. It's not like living fobulous in KAF or Victory with Applebee's and Tim Horton's.

Edited by Vladimus Nikolaidis