Clicky

Krow Ames

Mass Effect 3

It depends on the choices you made. If you dont make the right ones that reveal the entire ending then it seems like its just what it is at face value for the most part. A lot of questions either way.

Developers have said they are going to be making a DLC or ME4 or something, just that people should "hold on to their copies"

Oh no, the endings are basically the same, which is part of the complaint. The devs have already stated that there is no plans for a mass effect game after the events of ME3, only during or before. DLC is definitely in the works, but I can't imagine they will attempt to write a new ending considering what they've already stated about it. ME3 was the end a trilogy, and Shepard's story. But hey, I patiently await worthwhile DLC of some sort.

I actually think a story about post ME3 events could be awesome. Rebuilding the Mass Effect gates, or wtf happened to the Normandy. Some shit like that. Maybe the Normandy crew finds something on that planet, or something. I'd like to know wtf happened to the Normandy and it's crew. Death is almost a more welcome outcome than a cliffhanger.

Sort of the problem with how they left it. Obviously the end results afterward would have a serious impact, and I don't think they intended to attempt to write a story that followed such a concept as synthesis and how it would change everything. It's kind of like those movies where there is all this buildup and eventual success of an outcome, only to bring about the end of the movie instead of going about seeing how the end result effected the story.

I actually think a story about post ME3 events could be awesome. Rebuilding the Mass Effect gates, or wtf happened to the Normandy. Some shit like that. Maybe the Normandy crew finds something on that planet, or something. I'd like to know wtf happened to the Normandy and it's crew. Death is almost a more welcome outcome than a cliffhanger.

watch the video I posted in a spoiler. Its got a good theory that actually opens up a huge can of possibilities for a DLC or something that will be an epic end.

That would be crazy. Yeah they could put a ton of spins on how things play out, Hell if they wanted to be like WTFMINDFREAK (very unlikely) they could make it so that shepard was indoctrinated and was actually attacking the last of earths defenses or something, which would explain why the normandy was fleeing.

Though that would be a bit out there.

Forbes article was better.
/>http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/21/bioware-co-founder-apologizes-to-fans-for-the-mass-effect-3-ending-sort-of/

But generally, this thread seems to get it done. Lots of great responses by PR-type folk about the current responses.
/>http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10084349/1