Clicky

Krow Ames

Mass Effect 3

Pc or Xbox?

PC of course, I'm not going to pay anymore for XBox live... though I still have a year left on it, you can add me there as well if you like, I don't use it very often except for SR3 and a few other games.

Mass Effect 3 developer BioWare has responded for the first time to fans furious at the game's ending.

Director and executive producer Casey Hudson explained that a "polarising" finale was necessary to get fans talking.

Meanwhile a fan petition to change the game's endings has already raised over $28,000 (about £18,000) for charity.

The Retake Mass Effect fan campaign has been appealing for funds to get the movement taken seriously by BioWare; money which it will then donate to gaming charity Child's Play.

"We would like to dispel the perception that we are angry or entitled," the campaign's mission statement reads. "We simply wish to express our hope that there could be a different direction for a series we have all grown to love."

But Hudson failed to suggest that the trilogy's finale may be changed through a patch or DLC, as Retake Mass Effect campaigners hope.

"I didn't want the game to be forgettable," Hudson told Digital Trends. "Even right down to the sort of polarizing reaction that the ends have had with people - debating what the endings mean and what's going to happen next, and what situation are the characters left in."

"That to me is part of what's exciting about this story. There has always been a little bit of mystery there and a little bit of interpretation, and it's a story that people can talk about after the fact."

More single-player content is coming however, and Hudson said that, like other Mass Effect DLC, fan feedback will help shape its design.

"We have some really great multiplayer content and some really great single-player content coming over the air and their feedback will become part of how we design that," Hudson added.

BioWare also hopes fans are starting to see "common sense" over the controversial day-one DLC pack From Ashes, which includes a major slice of series lore.

"I think a lot of the common sense is prevailing," Hudson said. "Initially, it was spun in a direction that suggested that we had taken the lore out of Mass Effect 3 and were holding it inside the DLC only, which now the people who actually have played Mass Effect 3 and the DLC they know that that's not true. So that fear was set aside and, ultimately, I think people get it now."

/>http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-14-bioware-responds-to-mass-effect-3-ending-furore

Now that everyone has played it, share your favorite ME quotes. the best part of the game.

EDI: Dr. whatevertali'slastnameis ... did you ever come across Dinosaur bones while working?

Tali: No actually, that is paleontology which deals with finding and understanding organic life, while I study archaeology which is more comprehensive towards civilizations and architecture. Dinosaurs are...

Tali "Oh, you are joking with me"

EDI "No, jokes have specific structure and timing... I'm messing with you."

@ Cyphre, It's because the ending isn't all it seems at first glance.

That would be the case if the Indoctrination Theory or other theories were not completely blown out of the water by Casey's comments about the ending. Unfortunately, no curiosity has been sated by the cackling Bioware monster that reigns over the seething masses.

In my playthrough, James had that interaction with Liara, Dis.

BTW, I havent played more than 2~ hours of a M1-M2 legacy save but from what I can tell its easymode.

Wrex solves your krogan problem (and is also a super badass in comparison to wreav)

Legion solves your geth problem

All the other characters from previous games make cameos that essentially replace no-name characters from ME3 blank play and end up making much better results

(Jack, Grunt, The thief girl, ect)

OH! I suggest anyone who only played through with their saves to try the ME3 blank, its tougher and different enough its worth a look.

BTW, I havent played more than 2~ hours of a M1-M2 legacy save but from what I can tell its easymode.

Wrex solves your krogan problem (and is also a super badass in comparison to wreav)

Legion solves your geth problem

All the other characters from previous games make cameos that essentially replace no-name characters from ME3 blank play and end up making much better results

(Jack, Grunt, The thief girl, ect)

OH! I suggest anyone who only played through with their saves to try the ME3 blank, its tougher and different enough its worth a look.

Actually Wreav makes it possible to satisfy both Krogan and Salarian parties, because Wreav is actually fooled if you don't say anything. Although I always love Wrex. Especially hilarious in ME2.

Legion isn't required, his body is still there, just without direct memories of you on that mobile platform. Regarded as a Legion VI of sorts. Dialog is just replaced with him first responding that he isn't Legion. The conflict between Geth and Quarian can be solved provided you fulfill some minor requirements. I'm not sure what the default outcome of ME2 was in regards to rewriting/destroying the heretics, but there are a set number of things you have to accomplish in order to attain peace between the two.

One actual benefit I've found so far was saving the Rachni queen. If you meet the actual rachni queen during the mission concerning the rachni, you get loyal workers for the crucible.

Definitely not easymode though. You'll see when you get more than 2 banshees and brutes rolling up on you. At least ravagers and harvesters stay at a distance.

Actually Wreav makes it possible to satisfy both Krogan and Salarian parties, because Wreav is actually fooled if you don't say anything. Although I always love Wrex. Especially hilarious in ME2.

Legion isn't required, his body is still there, just without direct memories of you on that mobile platform. Regarded as a Legion VI of sorts. Dialog is just replaced with him first responding that he isn't Legion. The conflict between Geth and Quarian can be solved provided you fulfill some minor requirements. I'm not sure what the default outcome of ME2 was in regards to rewriting/destroying the heretics, but there are a set number of things you have to accomplish in order to attain peace between the two.

One actual benefit I've found so far was saving the Rachni queen. If you meet the actual rachni queen during the mission concerning the rachni, you get loyal workers for the crucible.

Definitely not easymode though. You'll see when you get more than 2 banshees and brutes rolling up on you. At least ravagers and harvesters stay at a distance.

Banshees and Brutes are easy mode. Just focus fire them down with your partners. That and I play a Sentinel and always use EDI so ive got plenty of disrupt or whatever. That plus Warp ammo + lift grenade = win.

And yeah you can trick Wreav, but hes still a tool and you have to be renegade to do all that. My recent playthrough was paragon :P

Its -definitely- easy mode though. Saving the solarian councel member with Thane (and thus ensuring you get solarians even if you cure genophage), The theif saving the Voll ambassador, jack saving the students/not dieing. Mordin (if you saved research) can cure female krogan and lift krogan species past the barbarian mindset with wrex, ect ect ect. Previous characters make all of the interactions they are involved in easier than the blank play through.

The rachni thing can go either way, even if you didnt save it in the past you can save the abomination one in the blank play. The payout is about the same with tactical assets between krogan commandos and rachni kids. Legion and Tali previous relations made it easier to fix that issue where you save both species.

You can do most of those things in blank play if you do it right, but from what ive found its much easier with previous play through characters.

I'm not sure you've gotten to a point where there is more than one banshee AND there is more than one brute. Focusing fire only works provided you have a partner acting as bait and they are not directly after you. Then you at least have slightly more time when it kills your teammate for you to move out of range. If it gets in range, they one-hit kill you. Thats above and beyond the errant husks, marauders, and cannibals who appear alongside them.

Alls I know, the biotic variant of the heavy melee is way faster than the regular heavy melee. Playing a Vanguard currently, which works great on just about anything. Graal with incendiary ammo works best on just about anything!

Saving the Salarian councilor from assassination doesn't yield the same as faking the genophage cure. Your net gain with Wreav is a lot higher through that method. Although thats achievable with an original renegade ME1 playthrough where you kill him on Virmire.

No doubt, the previous characters add war assets themselves, like Jack at Grissom Academy, and Kasumi with Jondam Bau.

If you save the cloned abomination, rather than the original Rachni Queen, the workers stick around a while, and eventually attack alliance engineers. Thus losing the rachni support, and part of the alliance engineers asset. I can't recall which options were on the rachni queen, but the clone, its a renegade option to set it free.

Ive always managed to handle several banshee/brutes at a time. While Banshees are much harder its all about LOSing / picking them off one at a time. Neither of them will just duke it out behind cover with your guys so you gotta keep moving and focus fire one at a time. Incendiary is def the best ammo, Disruptor and anti-armor second.

I never used the shotguns, the Talon pistol (looks like cerberus hornet SMG) is a shotgun pistol, or my other choice the scopion is a pistol GL essentially. I always kept ultralight materials on my SMG so I could keep my Pistol/Assault/Sniper/SMG without dealing with weight.

At the moment I'm just running a Paladin and Graal on my vanguard. Graal has one of the best damage outputs (and coolest projectiles) for its weight class, but the projectiles are a little slower if you don't charge it up.

Banshees are significantly harder when they switch to their short-range teleports and follow you everywhere. There are no real tactics suitable when they can just roll up on you and insta-kill, or fire massive tracking warps from a distance. Warp and Overload haven't really done much, and I can't be arsed to waste the custom slot on warp ammo if Reave is doing enough of a job to help out.

Stasis helps a lot with banshees. and I usually 3-prong special attack together which usually takes their shields down at least, leaving only armor. Brutes you can just use an AR and pelt in the face with incendiary for a min and they die. The uhm.. Cerberus mech things are harder IMO. Though I recently discovered if you put enough damage on the pilots head you can crack the window and take over it.

MEGA SPOILER: ONLY WATCH IF YOU FINISHED OR DONT GIVE A Ffff

crazy interesting, I had similar theories but this guy pieced it all together well.