Clicky

Deadmon

The Secret World

theres small clips of combat, but not much yet agreed.

I also made my Illuminati beta choice almost at a cointoss.

I just think the general concept for the beta is wicked. Modern world of secret accult groups fighting demons and eachother.

MORE ABOUT CHARACTER PROGRESSION

TSW_GDC_2011_14-1063x600-190x107.png

Be who you want to be

No Classes or Levels

Experience a game that has no classes or levels. Truly freeform character customization allows you to create the alter-ego that you want to play. Choose from hundreds of different powers for your character without ever having to re-roll, completely eliminating the need to follow a set path of progression throughout the game. Choose the powers, the weapons and the clothing that you want to use.

TSW_GDC_2011_11-1067x600-190x107.png

Play how you want to

Play How You Want to Play

The Secret World does not force you down a set path of progression. You are free to do anything you want at any time. If you ever get tired of doing missions or slaughtering demons, why not return to your secret society and perform tasks for them so you can rise up in their order? Do so, and you will unlock even more powers, weapons, and even unique uniforms. And, of course, untold secrets!

Edited by Disembodied Hand

I dunno! It looks like you train by growing higher rank in your society. Thus unlocking new things. Im sure there are other unlocks based on missions or achievements. i saw concept work for PvP gear so obviously taking out other faction members in either open-combat or battlegrounds is part of it

You pretty much can learn a large number of skills in that game, and you can pick a load out when you go into missions and such. Reminds me of Guild Wars kind of when they've described it.

Story has a lot of potential, the whole game does, but there hasn't been anything really substantial shown in how the game plays to date.

Yeh, I've been watching this game for a while now, I did the questionnaire at first, and turned out to be Dragon, but I do it now, and its Illuminati. I suspect they're trying to push it one way or another, to keep it balanced. I honestly don't care what way I go..

Its an MMORPG

This ign article today gives a good idea of what to expect combat choice wise

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1212974p1.html

Everything Funcom has talked about for The Secret World's "classless" skill system is present and accounted for. The system is flexible (and complex), letting you equip seven active and seven passive skills out of a possible pool of upwards of 500. I was able to buy only basic skills in what the developers are calling the Power Wheel. The Wheel has two layers. The inner ring is filled with basic attacks that are specialized to your damage type -- ranged physical damage, magical damage, and close-combat physical damage. Unlocking an entire third of the inner wheel opens up the corresponding third of the outer wheel, which specializes further based on the kind of weapon you're wielding -- shotgun, pistol or assault rifle for ranged; blades, hammers or fist-weapons for melee; blood, chaos or elementalism for magic.

the-secret-world-20111118060039964.jpg

the-secret-world-20111118060036958.jpg