Clicky

Aryte

03DEC11 - Weekly Meeting

[18:00:11] Aryte Vesperia: Meeting start. Please be sure to stay on task and maintain order. Comments or questions out of turn may result in dismissal from the meeting.

[18:00:37] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Members: 313

Cadets: 10

Applications

New: 14

Accepted: 1

Denied: 4

Review: 9

Combat

Defensive: 110

Offensive: 22

Allied Assist: 2

[18:01:24] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic report: a great week for combat! A lot of solid interactions across the board. Major kudos to all raid and defense participants. We exceeded our 3 a day goal: brofist to you all. Additionally, we warded off several large scale attacks on Titan. Diplomatically, all is rather normal. We interacted a couple time with ARK—both on Titan and in 39th’s region. Fairly good battles in both events.

[18:02:02] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports this evening?

[18:02:09] WolfShaman Warrior raises hand.

[18:02:22] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Warrior.

[18:02:27] WolfShaman Warrior: Short one for Astra this week.

Aquila getting a bit more active with the new members, people looking forward to the new equipment coming. I've been pretty busy with school so I've not been able to observe much this week other then that. Palaestra is on a good roll, getting individuals through training at a good rate.

Reapers: This week was slow with in Ordo due to my inactivity because of my job. Rykiana had an emergency so couldn’t be present for a bit. Friday I offered to do PRFs since alot of members requested them for QP. We will be planning a Reapers staff meeting later tonight to get together and come up with 2 events a week, or every other week to keep things active. Thats it from reapers this week.

Letalis: Last weeks focus has been on Training. Addison has been conducting a 'Hell Week' to kick things off, and things are set to contenue Once he's done helping family move.

That about sums it up for Astra.

[18:02:55] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand for Terra.

[18:02:57] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:02:59] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu?

[18:03:17] Hollowmengitus Yifu: COHORS A:

> A-I, Invictus: This week was a very strong and active week for Invictus! I would like to thank all of you guys for being very active this week for trainings, raids, and Art which I hope to see you tomorrow at. Otherwise I would also like to mention that Invictus does have a few openings left in the squad so please do IM Pr0wer Miles, Shizzerk Kostolany, or any member in the squad for more details for possible cadency.

[18:03:51] Hollowmengitus Yifu: > A-II, Evalidus:

>>Activity still holding around the levels of last week

>>Stuff be planned

>>Must put down Saints Row 3

>>Do more stuff.

[18:04:09] Hollowmengitus Yifu: > A-III, Insidiae: Insidiae's still rolling along, new weapon concepts are in development. Raid numbers on the rise slightly. Still looking for interested recruits! If you're into explosives, barbed wire and heavy sandbags, this is your place to be. Contact Ron or Mackenzie.

[18:04:29] Hollowmengitus Yifu: > A-IV, Praescius: Activity is up this week, hi-5 boys. Also, we would like to wish Ooki the best of luck as he transfered from our squad this week to join Insidiae to help work his magic over there. As usual, we have more slots open so contact me if you wish to join. :D

[18:04:53] Hollowmengitus Yifu: > A-V, Saevitas: Another good week for A-5. Saevitas hosted joint trainings continue to see large scale turn outs, aswell as joint raid deployments. Plans are already being drawn up with A-1 to continue joint deployments on a larger scale for this following week.

[18:05:17] Hollowmengitus Yifu: COHORS B:

> Thatguy: Looking better activity-wise. Some of the people who have been transfered down got their raids in. As of 1:00pm SLT, Cohors B transfers have not occoured yet. We've been low on PRFs for the past few weeks, so remember, B members, PRFs are a great way to get points to spend on super-coo' awesomo gear. Can always expect something even cooler to come out down the line, so it's best to get those points and save up!

[18:05:33] Hollowmengitus Yifu: MISC.: Please raid. Seriously. Please raid. I'm looking reallll hard at you.

[18:05:43] Hollowmengitus Yifu: That's all for Terra.

[18:06:05] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:06:08] Aryte Vesperia: Next?

[18:06:10] Radryl Allen raises his hand for Adstutia.

[18:06:16] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Allen. Welcome back.

[18:06:23] Radryl Allen: Thank you, Sir.

[18:06:29] Radryl Allen: Good evening everyone, I am finally back! ( But still need to get my memory card completally fixed)the week was kind of slow for us, but here are the news, they are might not be that surpriseful though.

-The Adsutita quest sistem is already up, it was divided on three levels.

Easy- For the new members.

Medium-Those who got some experince.

Hard-For the veterans.

The quests will be different for everyone, expect those who are related to Ordo/ Opinions/ Outside, because these will be shared by everyone.

Also, Megiddo is almost open, they are finishing their buildings and we might have a meeting with them soon.

[18:06:47] Radryl Allen: EB is raising from the graveyard once more, sadly without the General who was assisting us with the diplomacy at the group, now it is under full control of the xephonobic Leader, consequently it will be almost impossible to have any kind of deal with them, BUT we will do our best to make sure that they follow up the rules at least here. About their sim, it will be totally up to the Imperator to attack them once they open, but we might expect some kind of Chaos sim, because they will use laggy stuff, and do their usual "tricks".

We may still need to have another meeting with CATI, sadly we received MORE complaints about allan here, so we will try to contact them as soon as possible for the good of the members of Ordo. As second note, we are not sure how long time it will take to CATI open yet, but most left it already and went to 2142 or came back to Megiddo.

[18:07:07] Radryl Allen: As final note, I would reccomend some people to get portuguese classes( Merchandising I know) as we already did our research about how many portuguese speakers we get per week, and I can afirmate you it is a high number, and it may be complicated to shoot someone just because you are unnable to talk to him properly.

Also if you are willing to join Adsutia here are the requirements, and we still looking for a ADJ!

Be at least E-3.

Be able to speak more than one language OR

Be able to handle paperwork, write notes during the meetings and handle tough situations. ( We even got shot on the diplomacy missions wooo!)

[18:07:32] Radryl Allen: That is all.

[18:07:54] Xoza Tyron Raises hand for Project Neptune

[18:08:29] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. :}

[18:08:32] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Tyron.

[18:08:51] Xoza Tyron: Project Neptune is our Ordo Wiki project we've been heading up. There's been a good amount of progress thanks to our dedicated staff and contributors over the last couple of months and would like to officially announce it. You can find more information in the Project Neptune Thread. http://forums.ordoim...oject-neptune/. Just like most websites the wiki is located at http://wiki.ordoimperialis.com. If you would like an account, please contact me as for the time being account creation is disabled. Wiki will always be a continued work in progress.

[18:09:15] Xoza Tyron: That is all.

[18:09:35] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you kindly.

[18:09:40] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports this evening?

[18:10:20] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Moving on.

[18:10:35] Aryte Vesperia: Munitorum?

[18:10:36] Mark Karlfeldt: hgnhngh

[18:10:55] Tsume Xiao: (Wrong Channel)

[18:10:56] Mark Karlfeldt: Good morning, everypony.

> Ferratus is finished, pending animations from me. Which I will do tonight. I hope.

> Enforcer is pretty much done, pending tweaks like shield cooldown and new particle effects.

> Jetbike's progress has slowed somewhat due to Xoza's ongoing education.

> Haruspex is finished. Aryte should release it. Tonight. (After ponies)

> Xoza/Achtai/Rykiana are getting ready to makeover Chronus this weekend. Woo.

> Keller is Frank Pritchard.

[18:11:25] Mark Karlfeldt: Uh, that's all.

[18:11:39] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:12:15] Aryte Vesperia: > Enforcer

[18:12:32] Aryte Vesperia: Earlier this week, the Enforcer entered its first “live” combat interaction. Squaring off against T’koi, the Enforcer and its crew managed an immensely successful operation—resulting in a flawless deployment: the Enforcer scored countless kills on enemy aircraft, ground vehicles, and fleet vessels.

[18:13:37] Aryte Vesperia: The initial trial has demonstrated the impressive capability of our revitalized fleet, while providing us critical battlefield data to make adjustments. The final classification of the Enforcer has been determined as a corvette/gun cutter class—she will be our smallest vessel, with each named after a member (past or present) of the Ordo.

[18:15:06] Aryte Vesperia: The final load out of the vessel will feature both a top and lower turret, each with multiple ammunition types: flak, HE, and standard AP. The primary firepower will be the Enforcer’s torpedo’s; a sizeable, high yield explosive with the capability to demolish armored targets. Defensively, the vessel has the capability to sport multiple levels of armor to fit the task at hand. Furthermore, it is able to deploy into a immobile shield to provide additional staying power or to permit on-board engineers to make hasty repairs.

[18:16:39] Aryte Vesperia: After reviewing and partaking within combat aboard an Enforcer, I can say with certainty we will definitely pursue additional fleet development. Notably, we will definitely look at larger grades of vessels: destroyers / cruiser levels, with interiors and more space for personnel.

[18:17:24] Aryte Vesperia: A big thank you to everyone involved in the Enforcer’s development. It is really shaping up to be an integral part of the Ordo’s armory of the future. It adds a lot of bite to our forces and dramatically multiplies our ability to bring down hurt on any target.

[18:18:25] Aryte Vesperia: Next up:

[18:18:43] Aryte Vesperia: > Exploring the Future of the CDF

[18:19:23] Aryte Vesperia: As part of our ongoing revisions, I would like to take some time to discuss potential modifications s to the CDF. At this point, these are in no way in stone: we are simply brainstorming and sharing the general vision that may possibly follow. Feedback and input is certainly encouraged, especially from those with prior CDF experience.

[18:20:49] Aryte Vesperia: Foremost, it is important we take some time to examine “what” the CDF is at current. We currently use the CDF in two roles: first, to give would-be applicants or visitors a chance to experience combat. Secondly, we utilize it to screen individuals who have applied, but we have questions on. For all intents and purposes, the CDF is sort of our “planetary defense/auxiliary" or irregular troops.

[18:22:02] Aryte Vesperia: Curia has, for the most part, fallen in love with the idea of using the CDF for the screening purposes. As such, we are going forward with making some substantive changes to the CDF to be tailored more in a structured fashion, meanwhile maintaining the ability to house individuals who haven’t applied, but are curious what SLMC entails.

[18:23:51] Aryte Vesperia: The initial plan is to provide some depth to the structure in CDF and likely modify its name. By “depth,” we specifically mean creating more to the CDF other than “you are CDF.” Off the top of my head, it is probable that we could see at least three designations: Auxiliary, Penitent, and .. some sort of supervisory position (Exalted? Aspirant?).

[18:24:58] Aryte Vesperia: Auxiliary would be the primary role; Auxiliary (Auxilia?) would be equivalent to current CDF. Standard individuals-- mostly folks who are in review or trying out combat with intent to possibly enroll in the Ordo at a later date.

[18:26:06] Aryte Vesperia: Penitent personnel would constitute individuals on a trial basis, as assigned by Curia. Penitents would primarily be those who are former Ordo or those who previously left other groups on less than acceptable terms. These individuals would be under heavy scrutiny, observed, and rated under specific metrics for any graduation beyond CDF.

[18:27:19] Aryte Vesperia: Lastly, the “Exalted/whatever” or supervisory role would be either held by Ordo NCOs or individuals with a significant tenure in CDF. These individuals would provide observation, guidance, and administer any training programs developed for the CDF.

[18:28:12] Aryte Vesperia: On that note, let’s talk training:

[18:28:48] Aryte Vesperia: It is rather probable we will incorporate some brief education elements to CDF—potentially heavier elements for Penitent personnel. The intent here would simply to give basic rule expectations to remove the potential for arms error or gross infractions by CDF.

[18:29:30] Aryte Vesperia: Penitent personnel, on the other hand, would have a series of .. rehabilitative courses to help them adjust / build a more acceptable application resume for the Ordo.

[18:30:31] Aryte Vesperia: Movin' on.

[18:30:31] Aryte Vesperia: >> Tribinus Assignments

[18:30:37] Aryte Vesperia: Tribunus, rather.

[18:31:17] Aryte Vesperia: As a reminder, the Tribunus revolving assignments are in place and in effect as of 01DEC11: http://forums.ordoim...nments-27nov11/

[18:31:31] Aryte Vesperia: A big shout out to those following it already-- Hollowmengitus, for example.

[18:31:53] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, please review (if you're an officer) and ensure you know what days you are responsible for.

[18:32:02] Hollowmengitus Yifu: c:

[18:32:13] Aryte Vesperia: Enlistees: looking for raids? That list shows you everyone responsible to lead and originate them. Hunt 'em down and make them approve or lead one. :}

[18:33:28] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, I'd encourage anyone curious about chain of command to give the list a look. It paints a fairly clear picture of who reports to who.

[18:34:12] Aryte Vesperia: Movin' on:

[18:34:47] Aryte Vesperia: > Keynote: Defense Operations with Light Numbers

[18:35:14] Aryte Vesperia: Last week we discussed large scale defense manuevers. So, we'll talk about the flip side this week.

[18:36:04] Aryte Vesperia: If you recall, last week we emphasized the importance of using sectors, fireteams, and distriubtion of forces. That still applies, regardless of the number of personnel involved or the scenario. Always, always rely upon using fire teams, grouping up into battle buddy pairs, and operate in sectors.

[18:36:28] Aryte Vesperia: Beyond that, however, let's talk a bit about OIC decision making in scenarios where Titan's defense numbers are low.

[18:37:23] Aryte Vesperia: We run in to these issues early morning, or sometimes while raids are out. Those of you in the Euro timezone totally know the pain of being swamped by randoms or a group trying to catch us unaware.

[18:38:12] Aryte Vesperia: I have major respect for those of you who hold the line at those hours. You provide the Ordo the competitive edge, even at 4 AM.

[18:38:46] Aryte Vesperia: Nevertheless, when we enter into a scenario in which defense is spread thin: think tactically. I am speaking from the perspective of the OIC, I do note-- don't randomly do things on your own accord without OIC approval.

[18:39:18] Aryte Vesperia: The most common attack we receive when numbers are low are those comprised of lone wolfs.

[18:39:51] Aryte Vesperia: During these sort of attacks, it is uncommon that there's any real cohesion between the attackers-- as such, simply exercising battle buddy tactics and covering sectors tends to be enough to ward off their assault.

[18:40:17] Aryte Vesperia: On the rare occassion, however, we receive attacks from loosely coordinate/coordinated groups-- XAF, for example.

[18:41:45] Aryte Vesperia: Let's say, for example, you are the OIC and have five defenders present. A mixed force hits Titan with a good ten attackers. Immediately, it should be clear that it would be rather challenging to hold all points for the duration of the battle. As a general rule of thumb, if overwhelmed: abandon a point. It is preferable to abandon the NE, as the SW/Center are close together and relatively easy to defend next to one another.

[18:42:02] Aryte Vesperia: During this time: call for reinforcements. Hold 2 out of 3 points.

[18:42:13] Aryte Vesperia: Once reinforcements arrive, reclaim the NE point.

[18:42:58] Aryte Vesperia: Regardless of numbers, if we concentrate our force--think of ART--it is much easier to achieve success. Ergo, letting the enemy go waste their time in the NE while ensuring the other two points are kept on lock is an appropriate decision.

[18:43:30] Aryte Vesperia: Most enemies will throw a party if they take a point-- additionally, they are rather likely to board up and stay /in/ the point.

[18:43:56] Aryte Vesperia: It will provide you, as an OIC, vital time to organize a more effective defense and muster forces.

[18:45:22] Aryte Vesperia: Our team combat talents are second to none. Use it to your advantage. One battle buddy pair can easily maintain a strong perimeter, no matter the amount of attackers.

[18:45:52] Aryte Vesperia: Any questions?

[18:47:31] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent. Then thank you all for coming this evening. I will be stepping out after we conclude to grab some dinner. I'll be back in an hour or so. Promotions will be up tomorrow. I appreciate all your efforts: thank you for a good week. A lot of success to celebrate. Go raid and pillage.

[18:47:34] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

[18:47:34] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:47:38] Liam Macalroy stands at attention and salutes "Ehre und Ruhm im Namen des Imperator!"

[18:47:39] Afevis Sodertelge salutes.

[18:47:39] Reinhardt Stenvaag salutes, barking out proudly "I march for Titan. AND I SHALL KNOW NO FEAR!!!"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.