Clicky

Zero Itamae

Tribes: Ascend

Been playing the beta for a few days so I wanted to post and see if anyone else is. If there is a lot of interest in the game (Free beta keys off facebook last I checked.) then I'll probably go and improve the op. The game has been spectacular thus far, and certainly maintained the feeling from the old games...Spinfuzor pros included.

You just gotta get used to the way of playing. Its a lot of timing and racing in big circles for TDM.

General rule of thumb would be to use your "noob tubes" such as discs GLs ect as your primary and time for their landing point, with your SMGs/ ARs ect being your finisher if you just need a few HP and they are moving a ton

Light: all but useless without boost pack IMO, with speed boost you are insanely fast (unless you are sniper)

Med: can keep up with light without boost if you are good at skiing and you have heavy weapons and more life. I prefer

Heavy: You really need to make sure you are aware of your energy / keeping moving for the most part with heavy because other wise you get a ton of lights and mediums flying over your head dropping bombs and discs on your face. On the plus side you are a walking tank with weapons of doom. Ive also seen a heavy speed around a track pretty fast if he manages his energy right

I played Tribes in the early beta a month or two ago, didn't like it then. I may give it another go over the weekend.

I played it early beta as well, but stopped because it was a few maps, and was just tag... now they have my favorite and classic capture the flag \o/ and more maps!