Clicky

Guest Afevis

EVE: DUST 514

Yeah, i went from EVE to WoW. The thing is, EVE lacks so much content. Yeah, its fun to the newbie zone and pod people with a single torpedo. But advancing just takes so much longer to do, and its not fun. Its not fun to travel 15 jumps just to get ganked by pirates. Then you lose your ship, need to make more money, bla bla bla. Whenever i tried to mine in some of the safer zones there was always 4 or 5 strip miners there. You run over to within a Kilometer of the astroid when they pop, and then some uber miner drains it in one hit from like 100 miles away. Another thing that disappointed me is that you couldnt get near to planets, or land on them. I tried to whistle for a cab and when it came near The license plate said "Fresh", and it had dice in the mirror If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought man forget it yo homes to Bel-Air I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabbie 'yo homes smell ya later' Looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air

My argument is that FPS's on consoles Ffffing suck dick and consoles are holding back the industry's progression.

Also, everything is "dumbed down" for console gamers. Watered down for fear of alienating group. I play console games, but only rarely, when that one gem comes out that isn't on PC. Like Red Dead Redemption.

+1 to Krow.

FPS on PC are dying due to the Console Craze. FPS will always be better on a PC, hands down. Before the console FPS there was no 'aim assist'. It was even tested with one game, a combination of PC and Console gamers. The Console gamers lost dramatically to the PC gamers. The PC is more accurate, precise, modifiable and intuitive gaming platform.

Is development for a Console easier? Yes. Does it bank the company more than it would for PC development? Yes. Does it close off potential for people to play it on an adaptable system? Yes. The last question very much deals with the audience scope of a game, when you make it that exclusive, you force people into buying a new gaming platform that is due to be replaced soon. That money they could have spent on buying PC games like ArmA 2 or upgrade their system to play newer games. The net goal is money for the companies and not enjoyment and entertainment for the people. Which should be the premise of a game in the first place, provide a virtual world where people must face challenges and have fun doing it, getting a sense of gratification in success.

TL;DR:

It would be badass if you could switch fluidly from EVE to EVE: Dust 514 on a PC.