Clicky

Iolair

On the mixing and matching of uniform sets

OK, going to bring this up here, as there have been a fair number of questions and concerns coming to me pertaining to certain individuals mixing and matching portions of their uniforms to create a certain look on their avatar. First off, I wish to present everyone with what the handbook has to say on the matter. The current edition of the handbook states the following:

I-104: Division specific gear and attire must remain within the respective branch; one may not cross wear different armor sets without written approval by the Imperator.

Now, to elaborate on what the handbook says, we are not to mix the armor sets unless they have approval from Aryte, or one of the consuls of Curia. That being said, it needs to be noted in the forums under Curia Approvals that it has been approved, please.

Secondly, the mixing of uniform modifications between squads is something that is not encouraged. If you are a member of one particular alpha squad within Terra, you should either be wearing the standard UCA pieces for Terra or the squad specific armor pieces. Only those who administer to all of Cohor A may wear neutral pieces, this being the CO, XO, and Adjunct positions within the administration of Cohor A.

Unfortunately regulating modifications to the uniforms of the group serves the purpose of uniformity among group members. It is disheartening to some to have a lessened form of individualism, I realize, but it does serve a purpose of identity among Ordo members. Also, we have to take into consideration each individual's choice in avatar, as some of our options do not suit everyone (as to a question I received concerning human feet vs furry feet). So that being said, at this point some of these matters are going to have to be discussed and fine tuned, I do believe.