New: 9

Accepted: 2

Denied: 4

Review: 3

Operations

Defensive: 129

Offensive: 16

Allied Assist: 0

[18:02:08] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes: we peed in 2142's cereal and they're mad. In other news, massive military successes against ARK this week. Great combat interaction. Otherwise, everything is pretty chill! :}

[18:02:12] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports?

[18:02:19] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand for Terra.

[18:02:29] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu.

[18:02:35] Hollowmengitus Yifu: COHORS A:

> A-I, Invictus: Fantastic week for Invictus, activity is starting to pick up even more. A few squad raids were taken out this week, not only that a few members have taken the initiative and are proudly leading their own assaults against other groups! So overall activity has been steady and consistent! Invictus has spots open, but they are limited! We are always looking for active members! If you're interested drop an IM to Shizzerk Kostolany or Vain Composer.

[18:03:01] Hollowmengitus Yifu: > A-II, Evalidus: Very good participation in raids this week. Lets keep it up for next week. In addition got some plans for cross training with other units for the next few weeks. Spaces still open so feel free to contact Huttser Ishelwood or Awanken Wasp.

[18:03:19] Hollowmengitus Yifu: > A-III, Insidiae: Let's do the shuffle! Everybody now. Ok, Ron got the old version of the new report format, so he gets a pass on not doing his meeting report. Insidiae is just tuning it's engine, getting ready to tear into the enemy asap.

[18:03:44] Hollowmengitus Yifu: > A-IV, Praescius: Slow week as members are still on LOA, nothing new to report. If you would like to join please contact Afevis Sodertelge.

[18:03:57] Hollowmengitus Yifu: COHORS B:

> Pr0wer: No report handed in.

[18:04:09] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Commander's Note.: Begining next week, Alpha squads will no longer have to make meeting posts. Instead, I'll be compiling the information they give to me and filing my own post for you all to read.

[18:04:18] Hollowmengitus Yifu: That's all from me.

[18:05:24] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Mr. Schuman?

[18:05:39] Ethan Schuman: Not too much to report this week. Both of our flight leaders, Palaestra leadership, Letalis leadership, and my XO were all occupied and couldn't make it to our staff meeting, so our update will be brief. Both Davey and Azimuth are settling into their flight XO positions nicely. With regards to the availability of certain staff members, there has been a decrease and it will remain that way for a little while. Xoza is dealing with finals, Achtai is preparing for a move, and I myself have less time available in the afternoons because Lil beats me with a stick if I don't do what I'm supposed to. I will, however, be available in the evenings, and Disembodied is back from his vacation, so he will as well.

[18:05:49] Ethan Schuman: I do want to mention Astra activity lately. I have been very impressed with the amount of air asset deployment we have been fielding. Hell, thanks to 2142, Astra now has quite a few movie stars! Enforcers are going up frequently, which is pleasing. Finally, the attachment module of the Phantom is imported from my hard drive and in world. The weapons module (at least the critical components) is ready to go as well, and I just need to get with Xoza to get the special effects and other stuff. Once that's in and tested, then I'll begin to bring the sit base modes in. There is one bug with the Phantom attachment testers identified that I haven't been able to lock down, and that's the occasional slow down bug. Reattaching fixes this problem, but that is not a permanent solution.

[18:05:57] Ethan Schuman: Thats all for Astra.

[18:06:49] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:06:55] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

[18:06:56] Drasamax Python raises hand for the IEA.

[18:07:03] Aryte Vesperia: Ms. Python.

[18:07:10] Drasamax Python: From myself for The Imperial Education Administration: 26 Schola classes, 18 Armatura classes, and 0 Ludi classes this week in the IEA. But wait theres more.

[18:07:14] Drasamax Python: Aside from that, you probably recall the Armatura rewrite last you've heard from us was still a WIP. Well in fact its actually been complete recently about a couple of days ago if you have not noticed. Armatura Magisters can find the walkthrough under the Armatura section of the forums and should have gotten a box with the rest of the materials through IEA Staff notice(s). Please let me or Zero Itamae know if we made any mistakes that were overlooked and that need to be fixed in the materials. The next thing for the IEA to work on likely in reguards to more material rewrites still needs the time to be discussed/decided.

[18:07:27] Drasamax Python: That is all from the Imperial Education Administration. Oh, and happy Saint Patrick's day. :P

[18:08:27] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. :} Any additional reports?

[18:08:48] Awanken Wasp: O/

[18:08:52] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Wasp.

[18:10:23] Awanken Wasp: Just wanting to add for the IEA report quickly. The Imperial Ludi is going to arrange the NCO Academy every week on Friday. Be E-3 or above and participate

[18:10:56] Aryte Vesperia: Awesome. Thank you. :}

[18:11:42] Aryte Vesperia: Moving along, then.

[18:11:49] Aryte Vesperia: > Civilian Overseer Application

[18:11:56] Aryte Vesperia: Afevis says, go here: > Civilian Overseer Application

[18:11:59] Aryte Vesperia: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/16631-ordo-civilian-overseers/

[18:12:15] Aryte Vesperia: (Opportunity to apply for Civilian Overseer role.)

[18:12:44] Aryte Vesperia: > Officer Appointment Policy Defined

[18:12:55] Aryte Vesperia: As part of the revision project, I have taken the time to hammer out the process of OCA to Officer in a clear step by step list. I have posted it on the forums, but I would like to go ahead and go over it with you all:

[18:13:33] Aryte Vesperia: Appointment to the Ordo Tribunus is done via a competitive system, involving the completion of an Officer Candidacy Application (OCA). Although any individual may complete an OCA at any time, individuals under the rank of [E-7] shall not be processed until which time they have reached at least [E-7].

[18:14:03] Aryte Vesperia: Step one: submission of an OCA.

o Locate the current OCA packet of instructions inside of the database; follow the details and complete the requirements.

o Submit the OCA on the server and save a copy for yourself.

o OCA reviews are lengthy and involve input from the current officer staff.

o The current officer staff will vote on the OCA and determine if an interview is necessary.

[18:14:53] Aryte Vesperia: Step two: interviewing.

o OCA interviews are handled by a panel of volunteers. Typically no less than three officers (including the Imperator).

o The panel will question the applicant on all sorts of materials, including (but not limited to): their officer application ideas, their service history, any disciplinary events, and scenarios.

o The interview will be posted for the officer corps to vote upon. If the applicant receives a simple majority, he or she will be placed into the queue for consideration.

[18:15:41] Aryte Vesperia: Step three: candidacy queue.

o Entrance into the candidacy queue is a great accomplishment; the queue holds all confirmed members of the enlisted staff that are determined to be “of officer quality.” Queue members will receive a merit for their efforts.

o Selection from the queue comes at need basis, based upon: the level of votes received and vacancies. For example, if individual X is a Terra member and has no Curia experience, if a Curia vacancy opens, individual X will not be considered. However, if a Terra vacancy opens, individual X will be considered based upon his or hers total vote number and history in the group.

o Consideration for officer status does not expire, but may be revoked for poor behavior. Selections are infrequent, but certainly do occur! The average officer appointee has 18 months of service.

o If selected, the applicant will be provided details to their assignment and formally promoted to [O-1].

[18:16:40] Aryte Vesperia: Step four: officer training.

o Officer training is diverse and very hands on. Individuals are immediately provided full authority to act as an officer, but are expected to complete about a dozen officer seminars within 30 days. Officer seminars are self-paced readings that teach important elements.

o Officers will receive constant feedback and scrutiny from superior officers and the Imperator. Additionally, officers will routinely receive one on one sessions with the Imperator to develop a career plan (30/60/90 day plan) that set specific goals for accomplishment.

[18:17:44] Aryte Vesperia: :} Next up.

[18:17:51] Aryte Vesperia: > Vacation

[18:18:15] Aryte Vesperia: Vacation: 18MAR12 to 25MAR12

o Accessible; will check in daily and likely be around from time to time.

o If critical, look to an officer. They have my phone #.

o Will routinely check offline messages.

o Not going to be far from a computer if needed.

[18:19:30] Aryte Vesperia: Please ensure:

o We keep vigilant and overcome defense obstacles; ARK and the TG groups are still nipping at our heels.

o Raids are originated and lead throughout the day; do not wait until 8PM to start looking for combat.

o Keep being the badasses that you already are; we have great practices and policies, use them.

o Do not be afraid of getting a hold of me (or Keller, by proxy) if one of us is needed-- it won’t be a problem and we do not mind. As mentioned, he and I will likely be off and on throughout the week.

o Make me proud! :)

[18:20:13] Hollowmengitus Yifu: o Or get beat with the belt. :(

[18:20:22] Aryte Vesperia: ^ :}

[18:20:27] Aryte Vesperia: > Keynote:

[18:22:14] Aryte Vesperia: It has been said that I am a hardliner. In respects to the Ordo, I am nothing short of that. Frankly, if being one is a matter of contention, then so be it-- guilty as charged. I mention this in the light of the events that occurred this week: the 2142 assault, our summary use of overwhelming force, and the Youtube drama that followed. Let no man be mistaken, there are element of the aforementioned that I regret, but at a general level I would not change a thing.

[18:23:14] Aryte Vesperia: As a recap: 2142 assaulted us several days ago. Per the policy I enacted on account of their clandestine operations against us, Ordo forces responded with extreme levels of firepower. 2142 was glassed from orbit, summarily resulting in a Youtube video that attempted to paint the Ordo in bad light. Said video became a gigantic flame war, as I waded into it with several comments before it spiraled into personal attacks on my person and the Ordo.

[18:24:15] Aryte Vesperia: Regretfully, Ordo joined in lodging a short series of personal slaps back against 2142 and the Chaos participants. Although I completely understand the intent of the commentary was to defend me as an individual, it was a poor choice to permit them on my part. Outside of that, however, I see no fault and shall claim none on the part of the Ordo. We have every right to engage 2142 how we see fit. Our alternatives were to either ignore the transgression or to see blockade. The former choice is out of the question. 2142 has spit on our good will and actively sought to undermine us for some time. The latter option was equally out of the question. Blockades are reserved for very unique circumstances.

[18:25:45] Aryte Vesperia: From this whole event, I am reminded of the reality of the extremely high pedestal that others place us upon. There is no action that we can commit without it being viewed negatively. We are incapable of being positive in the eyes of our foes. Such is the burden we bear by the grace of our strength, our longevity, and our ability.

[18:26:57] Aryte Vesperia: For much of our history, the Ordo has been the “villain.” To be sure, there have been events in the past that have earned us that moniker. Nevertheless, we have never undertaken a task in malice. Our actions have always been by response or by the intent to do good for those impacted.

[18:27:51] Aryte Vesperia: To name but a fraction: we paid the Alliance Navy’s region tier in the past. We devoted entire task forces to the growth of Exilion. We have tirelessly provided manpower to the Merczateers. We have lent our expertise to fledgelings groups. We have promoted and maintained a non-abusive environment for groups that seek to grow. We extend unreasonable amounts of mercy to individuals attacking us in the spirit of combat. We purchased New Jessie to keep the community’s hub running as a neutral, nonpartisan ground. At no time has the Ordo ever cashed in our chips from any of the aforementioned events. Not once have we asked for favor in return. And yet we are still demonized.

[18:29:07] Aryte Vesperia: To name but a fraction: we paid the Alliance Navy’s region tier in the past. We devoted entire task forces to the growth of Exilion. We have tirelessly provided manpower to the Merczateers. We have lent our expertise to fledgelings groups. We have promoted and maintained a non-abusive environment for groups that seek to grow. We extend unreasonable amounts of mercy to individuals attacking us in the spirit of combat. We purchased New Jessie to keep the community’s hub running as a neutral, nonpartisan ground. At no time has the Ordo ever cashed in our chips from any of the aforementioned events. Not once have we asked for favor in return. And yet we are still demonized.

[18:29:17] Aryte Vesperia: UP ARROW IS EVIL.

[18:29:25] Aryte Vesperia: I want to make it clear, that is hardly a complaint. The hate of others only fuels our purpose. It always has. When I was younger and but a wee-military leader, I spent a lot of time caring what X group or Y person thought about me and the Ordo. I realized quickly that appeasement and ko-towing to demands shall earn you nothing. I care only for the Ordo and its members ambitions.

[18:30:22] Aryte Vesperia: That is not to say we should dissolve ourselves of any accountability. Quite the opposite. We should and shall always strive for perfection, but settle for excellence. We will continue to afford every individual their due respect. If and when they violate that respect, we shall afford them matched condemnation. We must hold ourselves to the highest regard--not to please others--but to maintain internal discipline and prowess.

[18:31:22] Aryte Vesperia: So I return to the original statement: I am a hardliner. I am a rabid advocate for the Ordo and its members. I have no fear in taking my gloves off, nor do I particularly concern myself with being seen as cruel. I will always aim to further our goals, in every action I participate in. If that is accomplished through actions that paint me in a poor light: so be it.

[18:32:20] Aryte Vesperia: I cannot promise you that I will be spotless or never show my bad side, but I can promise you that I will go up to bat for any one of you, anytime, anywhere. I will dig my heels in and fight tooth and claw for this organization, no matter the cost. YOU are my priority. The rest of the community be damned--we have had our good will thrown in our face more than enough times to underline the necessity for the Ordo to be focused upon its own means and its own goals.

[18:33:02] Aryte Vesperia: That said, I do not expect every Ordo member to agree with my methods. I would never force you to endorse my every step. But I do expect and hope that you subscribe to the intent of my actions: to promote the Ordo’s place in the world and to ensure its mastery.

[18:33:30] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:34:02] Aryte Vesperia: And in closing. Happy St. Patrick's Day. :} Sim closed until the morning. Drink hearty and have a wonderful time. I'll be back in an hour or so to run around.

[18:34:10] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

[18:34:11] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:34:13] Sebris Montpark: Salutes

[18:34:13] Huttser Ishelwood salutes, "Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none."

[18:34:13] Kyra Vixen salutes! "For the glory of the Imperator!"

[18:34:15] Heavy666 Bolden salutes.

[18:34:17] Havoc Sparta salutes "Nee Metuas Nee Optes"

[18:34:17] DaveyDarkStrider Oh salutes! "Hail To The Imperator, Baby!"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.