Clicky

Gulliver Carpool

I can't rez anything, including you.

You'd think after having been in SL for a year I'd be able to troubleshoot, but I can't figure this out. I'm turning to the geniuses of Ordo (I'm not being sarcastic) to help me get this going again.

Going back about 3 weeks, my client has been having a hell of a time rezzing things. The walls of Titan are grey goo. Most of your avatars, grey goo. If I go into a shop, almost all of it is grey goo. I did not change any settings when this started. Several days after it started, I deleted my client and reinstalled SL. Same problems. I've turned all of my settings down. That still has not fixed anything. I've taken off all my attachments, and that didn't help. I've always thought I've tended to be laggy, but this is something different. For a year I was in SWRP where everyone is wearing all sorts of guns and Mandalorian armor, and it all rezzed just fine.

Let's hear it Ordo. I am on a good iMac. No Mac jokes: things have worked just fine for a while.

Checking networksettings wouldn't be bad either. Or perfomance for that matter. In the worst case the ISP changed/upgraded/updated some hardware/settings on their switches or routers and cause this.

I had the same problem when I was visiting a friend, and went on Second Life. The route taken to the LL servers was bad, and lot's of packets were lost/dropped and this can visualize in either lag or textures/avatars to load extremely slow.

Anything else on the internet goes smoothly?