Clicky

BlackSergal

The Elder Scrolls Online

They announces a LOT of information about it in the last two days.

Cool shit(imo):

-Three playable factions with a system that allows each faction to raid the Imperial Capitol.

-Player who contributes the most to the raid on the capitol when it is taken by their faction over gets named Emperor until overthrown by another faction

-Takes place around 2E500. 1000 years before Skyrim, so Tamriel wont look anything like it does in the games

-Takes place in /all/ of Tamriel.

-Dungeons, Crypts, etc will be public not instanced based. Meaning you don't generally have to look for groups and also means that they are free to be camped, controlled, etc. Also you can walk into a crypt currently being explored and do what you do whilst in them. I really look forward to seeing this not suck.

-Max party size is 100, meaning they are expecting content that warrants at least 100 players working together

-The classes(boo) are all meant to be self sufficient, however the game is said to focus on team strategy to win.

Not so cool shit(imo):

-There will be a class based system

-Factions appear to be race specific.

-The fact it takes place prior to all the ES games, means that despite which faction holds w/e, you know which faction will win in the end. However meh, still going to be baller.

-The games graphics are being dumbed down for the MMO environment. Meaning it will look more like Oblivion than Skyrim. Very sour about this.

-Skills and combat are no longer real time, and are going to be done on the typical MMO system where spells have cooldowns. Sour about this too. This was due to game latency as they stated in the interview.

Unkown stuffs:

-They haven't said anything at all about how stealth works, Quest styles, Crafting, or loot for that matter. Hoping they stay with how they worked in Skyrim for the most part, though I'm optimistic.

-Haven't made any insight about Perks/talents, or how the leveling or skill system works for that matter. Again, hoping it stays true to the series and not devolve into a grind fest.

On a note, that isn't nearly all the stuff released about it as of now. I'm just to tired to put much more. All in all, I'm excite and waiting for them to open a hole I can throw all my money into.

There are definitely a lot of mechanics that really only worked when NPCs were involved (stealing and stealth). If the graphics are dumbed down, its going to seem a bit pointless compared to just about any other MMO currently. Even if they develop some magical system that will still allow interesting physics here and there with player interaction, there doesn't seem to be much more to it. Nevermind the fact that people continuing playing it because of the modding community...

There are definitely a lot of mechanics that really only worked when NPCs were involved (stealing and stealth). If the graphics are dumbed down, its going to seem a bit pointless compared to just about any other MMO currently. Even if they develop some magical system that will still allow interesting physics here and there with player interaction, there doesn't seem to be much more to it. Nevermind the fact that people continuing playing it because of the modding community...

To clarify, I meant dumbed down as compared to Skyrim. As someone who views good graphics as a point of what makes a good game. I disliked the fact that it wasn't Skyrim with multiplayer. ;c And who knows what they will do with it. As it stands they only released a lot of 'Grand Scheme' details and none of the finer points. Classes aren't even announced as to what type they are, just that they wanted to break the standard 'trinity' that is Tank, DPS, and Healer roles. The mechanics for NPC's might very well still be there as well. Since despite this being an MMO focused on PvP. It seems that they want to keep the general style of the ES games alive. Where it's mainly about your interaction with the world, while killing noobs is just a bonus.

Which reminds me, the game is supposed to have no aggro table. Which is something I find very very interesting. To also make note you can't play as an Imperial. Due to them being semi-antagonists under the influence of Molag Bal. Who wants to use the Imperials to slap reality, harmony, and bunnies in the face with his demon-like hand of slavery and junk. Which again, kind of sour about that, but alas I'll just be a Nord or something and get over it.

Starting lesser factions you can join are Dark Brotherhood, Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, and Thieves Guild. So, woo.

Also, screenshots. Since I'm unable to sleep ;w;

Elder_Scrolls_Online_Screenshots_13361925226189.jpg

Elder_Scrolls_Online_Screenshots_13361925225706.jpg

Elder_Scrolls_Online_Screenshots_13361925229257.jpg

Elder_Scrolls_Online_Screenshots_13361925228568.jpg'

Elder_Scrolls_Online_Screenshots_13361925013225.jpg

Elder_Scrolls_Online_Screenshots_13361924775726.jpg

-Dungeons, Crypts, etc will be public not instanced based. Meaning you don't generally have to look for groups and also means that they are free to be camped, controlled, etc. Also you can walk into a crypt currently being explored and do what you do whilst in them. I really look forward to seeing this not suck.

Theres a reason MMOs stopped doing this. It results in shitty experiences more often than not. Only time will tell though

See, it might be an amazing MMO, but a shitty Elder Scrolls game. Last fantasy MMO I played, though, was Conan. Ffffing loved it until they started catering to the whiners.

Also, the "online" I want, would be COOP for up to four or five people. Small group of friends adventuring through skyrim or whatever.

I can agree with that, I think its going to be only Elder Scrolls themed, and not really feel like a genuine Elder Scrolls game.

With what it is described as they may be going back to the old MMO style of massive expansion and exploration, with little to no rules aimed to appease the children and whiners (voluntary PvP, designed for very little griefing allowed).

I wouldnt mind this, though its gunna be a bitch when people start farming a dungeon for a specific mob, or a rare spawn in the middle of a zone. I wonder if they will do housing? that could be rad.

The guys who are doing this game, are the same ones from Mythic who did Dark Age of Camelot. Which rocked and has been the standard of Faction-based PVP for ages due to how it's implemented. So there's hope yet that this might be DaoC2..

Course, where have I thought that before?

warhammer_online_53.jpg

See, it might be an amazing MMO, but a shitty Elder Scrolls game. Last fantasy MMO I played, though, was Conan. Ffffing loved it until they started catering to the whiners.

Also, the "online" I want, would be COOP for up to four or five people. Small group of friends adventuring through skyrim or whatever.

I'd kill for that, however likely wont happen ;(

Theres a reason MMOs stopped doing this. It results in shitty experiences more often than not. Only time will tell though

I tend to disagree, I like the idea of a persistent singular world as opposed to a bunch of portals on walls. granted I can understand how things like what happened in EQ will take place, where world bosses were camped by groups. However with the faction based pvp thats being talked about a lot. I don't see how this wont stop an enemy faction from using the boss mob as an ally. Also keep in mind that max group size is 100 people per group. That means they plan to have content that requires 100~ people working together. They could take the Lineage 2 approach and be like "LOLOLOLOLOL, get more people." Since that game wasn't instanced at all. The raid bosses took upwards to 10+ full groups of 8. And that was just to get A grade shit. The S grade bosses would wipe entire raids if everyone was in the room when the boss did his attack. Shit was hella lame.

So, Public dungeons imo are a good thing if done right. If not, then I'm sure it will be a sad sad note for this game.

Just want to point out that EQ2s (and presumably EQs) dungeons were not instanced either. However, they were challenging enough that generally there was not a lot of people camping. Also, I don't see the non-instanced idea sticking. Simply put, there's far too many players for a single dungeon to handle, so I'm feeling that although it wont be "instanced" a la WoW, it will still most likely be instanced by zone to make room for large amounts of players.

Only real problem with not instanced dungeons is that then it will simply be a matter of waiting for the next spawn, which was never fun. Dungeons in TES have always been fairly linear with a set number of enemies, bosses, and loot locations, so either they'd have to be entire worlds themselves with plenty to do, or it'll just be a huge camping waitfest.