Clicky

Carrious Darbyshire

Bro Con

A lot of people are going to Anthro Con to meet up and chill with Ordo. I think that would be great, but I realistically won't be able to make it this year. Probably for the best since there' some furry shit going on there too.

I propose a Bro Con. We can get some Ordo dudes together to do some camping, fishing, paintball, and pubcrawling. Hit some battlefields and maybe a military museum. It would be fun as hell and I suck at fishing. Feasible?

I propose a Bro Con. We can get some Ordo dudes together to do some camping, fishing, paintball, and pubcrawling. Hit some battlefields and maybe a military museum. It would be fun as hell and I suck at fishing. Feasible?

Southern Louisiana has every single one of these things in spades. You can camp, fish, paintball, and visit Civil War battlefields elsewhere in the state, and there's world-class pubcrawling (as in people come from around the world to get drunk here) all through New Orleans. As a cherry on top, the National WWII museum is within walking distance of my apartment building, and it's Ffffing baller.

I had no concrete time about when it should occur. Simply the thought that it would be nice. I've always wanted to go to the Louisiana that isn't Ft. Polk, Zrazor. I've only heard the best things. Up in the northeast we have a lot of revolutionary war battlefields, out west a little less. I would say somewhere in the south would be a nice bet because the outdoors there are wonderful. The NE has a lot of cities to hang out around as well as outdoors if we head west. Pennsylvania honestly has a lot going for it. Even if the people are LAME.

Preferably keep it someway east, it's expensive enough crossing the Atlantic, let alone the entire US ontop of that, atleast for us for us European folk ;-;

Actually for some reason flying to west coast is cheaper then flying to east coast from Finland, I don't know what's up with that.

Thats because some flights hop over the pole to down the coast there Awanken. British airways has some direct jumps stright to LAX.

As a left-coaster, and with possible costs being less for here, here's my counter-proposal to the South:

1) The USS Midway at San Diego, mear yards from the Gas-Lamp District (AKA Pubs) and hotels.

USS-Midway%27s-Busy-Flight-Deck.jpg

Not much further away is the WW2 coastal defense system at Point Loma.

67151852.jpg

old-point-loma-lighthouse-aerial-picture-22301-320349.jpg

If driving is your thing and prefer a fun day trip theres a few fun roads with good restruants as "rewards" at the end of them.

Palomar Mountain is a good example:

palomar2.gif

Moving out past SD there is the option of driving up the coast, taking Highway 1 past well known places like Big Sur:

20100912223914_bixby-bridge.jpg

Sadly, Paintball in SoCal is a tad on the "suck" side due to the fact that almost all the fields are more like "Bunker Ball" due to lack of "trees".

Untitled-21.jpg

And the largest, most important reason to go to the west coast over the south:

no_mosquito.jpg

(Lives in Las Vegas). I know some people who work at the various hotels and can possibly get people on a tour at Nellis AFB. Paintball and bars are good out here, lots of stuff to do for night life if over 21. Sadly, 21 and under and Vegas can suck as far as what to do.

Nellis is also home to the Thunderbirds, so, that is ballin' if you are into that stuff.

Edited by Marcus Tinamou

I've always wanted to go to the Louisiana that isn't Ft. Polk, Zrazor. I've only heard the best things.

Did I mention we have a Soviet-kitsch theme bar in town?

Problem with California: We can't have Ordo Range Time. :v

We have those down here. :D

Edited by Zrazor Rozenstrauch