Clicky

Azimuth Summerwind

Altairi: Raid manager?

Altairi's Raid Manager: Use or not?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use Altairi's raid manager?

The auto tping at completion of raid and the auto collecting of names of participants are the two features I personaly find most beneficial. BUT that said.. I have no idea what the raid advisor thing is that people talk about.

The quesiton is, does this bot support the adding of names after the launch of a raid?

The auto tping at completion of raid and the auto collecting of names of participants are the two features I personaly find most beneficial. BUT that said.. I have no idea what the raid advisor thing is that people talk about.

The raid advisor people talk about is Altairi's raid advisor. Saying "$raidadvisor" over comms or in IMs will give you a list of all hostile militaries with more than 3 people on their sim.

See http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/17359-altairi-command-listing/

The quesiton is, does this bot support the adding of names after the launch of a raid?

Yes, see the command list above.

I do not use Altairi because I find the interface to be excessively clumsy and I can do the same work, in the same time by hitting print screen and paste. On top of that, I was hit by 5 or so friend requests from Altairi within the first minute of my arrival on Titan. I felt my jimmies move a little bit.

I do not use Altairi because I find the interface to be excessively clumsy and I can do the same work, in the same time by hitting print screen and paste. On top of that, I was hit by 5 or so friend requests from Altairi within the first minute of my arrival on Titan. I felt my jimmies move a little bit.

I can understand the annoyance with the friend requests. I was still debugging it. Thank you for the feedback.

Is it that hard to fill in that info without a raid advisor?

No, but the raid manager doesn't just automatically generate a report for you. It stores the raid in a database for lookup later. Lookup that's more oriented towards statistics and reporting. i.e, I could see all the raids that you have been on in the past week without having to dig through forum posts for your name in a variety of offensive reports. The whole point of it is the data, not the autogenerated reports. They are simply for convenience.

Azimuth. You asked for a poll of opinions. Probably not the best idea to tell people their opinions are incorrect. :x

I don't even know what Altari does raid wise as to me it has always been a bit of an unsure mess. I have used the "$tp" and that's about it.

The few reports I do are manually done with print screen.

The interface is a bit clumsy, but if it got to optimal user friendlyness I would adopt it and probably encourage its use in all raids.

Not so much because it would form the basic CR to be filled in with details, but because it (theoretically) would track unit activity and thus I could better reward pilots for continued raiding.

While this can be accomplished by manually browsing the last week of offensive raids (3 a day, 7 days a week, 21 total, not too much to ask I dont think) it would save time if used on a large scale by all raiders. If it were made so that the OIC handled all of it for the entire raid party so that people joining / people just along for the ride dont have to worry about clocking in so to speak.

If it were streamlined and made large scale I would. As it is, its a bit of a hassle.

i picked yes because it would help out on getting peoples names, and also the time, some times we crash and lose the time of when we started and with this system we dont have to worry about that

Crashing really shouldn't be an issue with losing times. Ideally, the raid leader should write the time down when the raid starts, so it's a total non-issue. While I admit I often forget to write the time down when I start raids, I've been getting myself into the habit of writing them down.

I've always called for my own raids, collected names, recorded times, written my own reports all by myself and that's what I'll stick to. I don't need a bot to do something so simple for me. In my opinion i find the chat that Altari sends to be excessive, and that's more than just it's raid calls. For me raid calls have always been just a few words "Calling for volunteers" or "Calling for 3 volunteers" Altari sends lines, it seems too much. Its at the point where I don't even pay attention to what the bot says anymore.

I've always called for my own raids, collected names, recorded times, written my own reports all by myself and that's what I'll stick to. I don't need a bot to do something so simple for me. In my opinion i find the chat that Altari sends to be excessive, and that's more than just it's raid calls. For me raid calls have always been just a few words "Calling for volunteers" or "Calling for 3 volunteers" Altari sends lines, it seems too much. Its at the point where I don't even pay attention to what the bot says anymore.

I wish there was a way to mute it on coms or some shit, because I find it to be excessive too. Maybe the hostile raid warning should be sent to just the OIC.