Clicky

Azimuth Summerwind

Altairi: Raid manager?

Altairi's Raid Manager: Use or not?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use Altairi's raid manager?

There was a time when we didn't have base alarms. We had to have people posted and alert at all times. Then we got base alarms and people bitched because they were annoying. There was a time when we didn't have Mercury, or the sim radar. We've come a long way. Even Vanguard has an automated raid recording system. Let's not stop moving forward.

I believe there should be a notecard readily available to show people the commands and how to use the bot. I don't see a problem otherwise.

Actualy I have to agree about the interface. Prehaps if we piled less details onto the bot (like the storing of raid data), and instead focused on polishing up the abilities of the bot that people do like (the recording of times, names, tping, and enemy sim details on request) it could be alot more agreeable to people, since right now half the issue I've noticed, is when people want the bot, the bot isnt responding as you are still trying to make all the pieces work together.

Simplicity works not only for saving your workload, but works to ensure the bot doesnt have conflicts that cuase it to be unresponsive when we need it (which has happened a few times apparently), and helps us understand how to use it better.

And personaly, I do find its constant advising us over coms of how many people are in what sim, to be spammy and I too wish it could be muted at least on coms. So far, that information has not been of any benefit to us on defense since the few sim raids we've had since you started working on the bot, have still come without any warning what so ever.

The trick with this bot isnt going to be trying to predict what we might want and cramming it down our throats... but rather... finding the features we DO need most, the ones we like and want.. and giving us those to start, and as the dust settles, working from there.

And right now, as I said, it does appear as if the ones that have been best recieved and the ones I think you should refocus apon are:

recording of times

recording of names

TPs on request/auto on raid completion

and the built in raid advisor

The storage of raid data is automatic now. All the features you want are fully implemented. There's no work left to be done on that. The bot is heavily based on the permanent retention of data from everything it does - including the raid advisor and early warning data.

As for it spamming the coms with "useless" data, if you don't like it then you need to take it up with Aryte. He specifically asked for it to announce general warnings every thirty minutes, and specific updates for when hostiles reach an agent count of more then ten during any update cycle.

I'm not telling you all to shove off or that you're wrong, but the announcements are per Aryte, so unless he tells me to change their configuration settings (I.e. bump alerts to 15 instead of 10 and announcements once an hour instead of every 30 minutes) I'm not going to be changing that.

As for "responsiveness issues" the only thing I'm still working on in that area is the inworld script that provides the dialog. I figured you guys would prefer a dialog over using text commands. The script doesn listen once someone opens the dialog and has a three minute timeout delay before it will respond to new dialog requests.

Now if there's issues with it responding to OTHER commands, then someone needs to tell me what the issue they are having is and how I can reproduce it on my end. I can't fix what I don't know is broken.

I started this thread for feedback, and I appreciate you all sharing your opinions and thoughts on the matter. Very few people send me inworld messages with this kind of feedback so I'm glad to be hearing it. I'm not trying to shoot anyone down or say your opinion is wrong. I know everyone has an opinion and I will always respect that - but I hold the same right to share my own opinions in return. My goal is to better our information systems - not be a pain in the ass.

So again, if you have an issue, please leave me an offline so I can look into it rather than leave me none the wiser.

I appreciate the feedback. Please keep it coming.

I think the advisor for agent counts is useful not having to pull up a raid advisor in a specific client to get realtime agent counts on different sims, I think a feature for those who do not like the extra text on screen should be implemented as a courtesy however, I don't think it's that big a deal. I haven't really explored the functionality of the Bot to it's full extent, I've used it for a tp once or twice but as far as I know this is a work in progress so it's great to see some feedback on here.

Otherwise I know a different Bot that would be useful... xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGSVYgcy24Q

I think the advisor for agent counts is useful not having to pull up a raid advisor in a specific client to get realtime agent counts on different sims, I think a feature for those who do not like the extra text on screen should be implemented as a courtesy however

If by courtesy feature you mean it doesn't put a ton of text into coms, you would have to talk to Tsume. I can have it kick out the short version of a military's name but beyond that I can't do anything without it affecting everyone.

Edit: By talk to Tsume I mean about a coms mute feature or something. :v