Clicky

Arokh Takakura

New Motorbike.

Black or Orange?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Went to KTM on friday morning and they told me that all KTM dukes were out of stock, they offered me a choice of colours while arranging for delivery of a new shipment. I'm torn between the black and the orange, so help me decide!

• Orange
    • Black

Finally decided to get rid of my P.O.S. chopper as it's starting to fall apart and the water pump has failed, meaning it overheats with my style of riding(dangerous.).

Given the size and weight of the bike, and the way I used to throw it around and really wrench the throttle up and down and stamp my way through the gears, I decided to go with something perhaps a bit more accustomed to such abuse and riding style.

I need something economical and punchy. (Preferably 125cc, approx 13.5bhp and arround 32ft/lb torque.) But cost isn't an option as I've been riding the same piece of crap for four years saving cash.

I've actually made a few inquiries into various bikes such as the Honda CBR 125r, which came back at a good price, but I soon realised it was an alarmingly tiny bike when you actually sat on the thing, it was like a pushbike between my legs, it's more aimed at the Asian market methinks.

Anyway, after much deliberation and comparing bikes out on the market currently, I've set my heart on the KTM Duke, and I'm actually heading to the local dealers first thing tomorrow before work to order a brand new one to spec.

If you guys can suggest anything better within the 125cc range, by all means, post it here!

Look/sound/speed are key here, cost/economy not so much.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLsxZTIdd3Q

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liC8hBUObS0

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZydHTGIkkok

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-57ISvFUmAE&feature=related

ktm-duke_kde-k_1.jpg

KTM-125-Duke-2012-4.jpg

KTM_125_Duke_PP_2011_03_1280x1024.jpg

The different coloured chains/wheels/frames etc, I can choose if buying from new, they build them to spec.

ooo, thats pretty nice looking. Its a mix between traditional and crotch-rocket which I really like.

Ive wanted a motorcycle for a while, and depending on how it rides that may be one id get. Though Ive always wanted a more traditional style harley with a suicide shifter like a boss.

Just had an alarming realization. Over the course of 4 years, I've spent over £4000 keeping my Ffffing POS bike road-legal/worthy/running/somewhat safe. Don't ever buy one. It's not even one set brand anymore, there's like bits from 16+ different bikes in it.

You know, I don't mean to make you have another alarming realization, but could it be because you crash it or hurt yourself with it all the time?

No, it's a piece of crap, I added up all the invoices from servicing, maintenance, repair and fabrication work I've had done on it, at least the ones I could find/gather. The thing breaks down because I ride it hard, but the build quality is -really- shoddy. I found a fist-sized hole in the chassis which is now rotting, it's only 4 years old!

Guest Ruin Nefarious

You know, I don't mean to make you have another alarming realization, but could it be because you crash it or hurt yourself with it all the time?

LOL