Clicky

Arokh Takakura

New Motorbike.

Black or Orange?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Went to KTM on friday morning and they told me that all KTM dukes were out of stock, they offered me a choice of colours while arranging for delivery of a new shipment. I'm torn between the black and the orange, so help me decide!

• Orange
    • Black

I don't mind it, but there's nothing quite like biking, so no. I can't wait. The fact I can never be held up by traffic, that I can just hop on and go and not worry about fuel costs, getting your knee down into corners, driving is comparatively boring.

</jealous>

Seriously, in Oregon, you can't pass like that. You have to stay in the lane and you can't laneshare.

Uh, it's like that pretty much everywhere, man. But that doesn't stop anyone but the pussies. If you have a sports bike, you can pretty much do what you want, the cops can't catch you, and most of the time, wont even try. I heard Dallas will deploy spike strips on your ass though...so don't do that in Dallas.

Well, I sold the 'claptrap' on Saturday evening, felt a bit lost and down without it. It's hard to explain how a motorbike can get under your skin like that, even if it is/was a piece of crap. :P

Ordered a KTM duke in orange from the next town over's dealership because my local one 'doesn't stock the road bikes'. This garage doesn't have one in stock so I have to wait for one from Austria until the end of the week. Fffuuuu.

Oh well, this way I got to specify the colour and a few other specs. Such as removing the 80kmh limiter and sharpening up the 'learner friendly' front Brembo brakes to make them not so friendly. And I get a sparkling new hand-made bike with 0 miles on the clock.

Thanks to everyone who voted, it actually helped me decide on orange, as I was definately unsure before as buying it black/grey meant getting it this week, rather than the next. :>

Not as glorious as you think, it means riding at half throttle and no more for the first 500 miles, very regular servicing, not being able to fling it into the corners because the tyres are fresh etc. Basically you have to ride like a granny when all you want to do is throw open the throttle and see what it's got.