Clicky

Aryte

23JUN12 - Weekly Meeting

[18:00:05] Alexi Ayres: theres gonnna be buddy time

[18:00:08] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening and welcome everyone. Thank you all for joining in. Please be sure to hold your comments and questions until you are provided the opportunity to speak.

[18:00:32] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Sworn members: 309

Cadets: 16 (wow)

Applications

New: 8

Accepted: 4

Denied: 3

Review: 1

Operations

Defensive: 93

Offensive: 21

Allied Assistance: 0

[18:01:39] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes for this week: curiosity abound; relative calm, but a steady increase of international interest (2142/Mercz) in joining up with the Ordo against the Alliance Navy. On that note, the Alliance has largely taken the stance of “hey, let’s pretend its 2006 and be total douches to the Ordo, because that turned out great for us.” We will oblige. The combat is gritty and fun, after all. In other news, Tyr is a great combat location and their leadership is very amicable. Be sure to extend them every available courtesy.

[18:03:09] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports?

[18:03:11] BurrWolf Qin Raises his hand for Terra

[18:03:25] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Qin?

[18:03:26] Zero Itamae raises his hand.

[18:03:33] BurrWolf Qin: Hello, Ordo. Terra has had a good two weeks. To everyone that went to AnthroCon, welcome back!

[18:03:42] BurrWolf Qin: The New Jessie occupation was a riveting success and set the ground-work for heightened activity throughout the Summer months. Thanks for handling it so well, guys.

[18:03:53] BurrWolf Qin: With the close of the relaxed recruitment standards into Alpha Cohors, I am very pleased to say that many personnel were cycled into the Alpha Squads. Take heed, however, that trainings and organized raids will be a staple of this Summer; squad leads, I'm relying on you to organize these events!

[18:04:07] BurrWolf Qin: In other news, expect tiered meetings sometime in the near future. A simple check-in on squads will be put underway soon, as well.

[18:04:17] BurrWolf Qin: Lastly, I'll be grading tests later on tonight -- get your promotion exams in as quick as you can, as I may not be grading them tomorrow (Sunday.)

[18:04:24] BurrWolf Qin: That's all for Terra tonight.

[18:04:40] Ethan Schuman raises his hand for Astra.

[18:04:47] Ethan Schuman: (Err, hit Enter too early)

[18:05:39] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. MR. Schuman?

[18:05:49] Ethan Schuman: There are a couple of matters I'd like to talk about tonight. First and foremost is Icarus. Astra staff selected the Terra member we want to fill the XO slot (the CO slot will be filled by an Astra member for purposes of oversight). There was a little bit of a miscommunication involving our selected candidate, as he actually didn't apply for the position. However, when approached, he was rather enthusiastic about the prospect of holding that role, so he chose to accept it. Congrats to Reinhardt Stenvaag. We'll be working with him over the next few days to get him fully briefed and trained in what he'll need to know. I know I told you guys you'd have an Icarus event last week, but I had something come up and was unable to find someone else to run it, so I apologize for that.

[18:06:00] Ethan Schuman: The second issue I want to bring up is activity. Astra's ranks are still plagued by the minority of pilots accounting for the vast majority of activity. This is becoming increasingly more frustrating, and my patience is wearing thin. Notifications will be going out to pilots whose participation is not satisfactory over the next two weeks (and have not requested a formal leave of absence). This includes pilots in the reserve ranks. Failure to respond to these notifications will result in removal from Astra.

[18:06:21] Ethan Schuman: That's all from Astra for this week.

[18:06:37] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:06:42] Aryte Vesperia: Additional reports?

[18:06:52] Zero Itamae raises his hand

[18:07:10] Zero Itamae: For the Imperial Education Administration: During 6/9 - 6/23 we had 15 Schola, 8 Armatura, and 1 Ludi course held. Not too bad considering the hit AC had on activity. Still loads of cadets in the queue which will change with activity stabilizing! Going to arrange a training session with Mikeo's help later in the week to help test out the new sim build. Will likely put up a thread for it on the forums but if you're interested send Mikeo a message so we can get the numbers worked out.

[18:07:28] Zero Itamae: As always anyone interested in teaching or developing training materials apply at: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/13701-iea-scholaarmatura-recruitment-application/ or contact me directly. That's all for the IEA this week!

[18:07:42] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:07:46] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional reports?

[18:08:33] Aryte Vesperia: Very good. Moving on.

[18:08:43] Aryte Vesperia: I am going to do something a bit unusual for this evening’s gathering: I want to spend the time going over our Winter Revision project piece by piece. Partially out of celebrating our accomplishments and partially out of reminding myself (and others) what is left to be done. We will run down the list fairly quickly, but touch upon each element. That said, there will be no keynote this evening. Please use that additional time to go forth and pillage.

[18:09:59] Aryte Vesperia: Without further adieu:

[18:10:39] Aryte Vesperia: Topic: handbook revision. Completed, all policy updated; revised to a more constitutional role that supersedes all other regulatory elements. Topic: investment in Ordo lore. Not yet completed, but in the works on account of the creation of the OID—expecting some story premises to be created, along with quasi-RP opportunities for those interested. Topic: armory revision. Not yet completed, but well on its way. Inoue reports that she just needs to bite the bullet and finish it. I’ll endeavor to remind her of that upon her return from vacation next weekend.

[18:12:07] Aryte Vesperia: Topic: propaganda development. Incomplete, but it is now in progress with the founding of the OID. Topic: rank revisions. Partially complete with the revision of the combat authority mandates, but I am extending this to include revision of our rank name and symbols. No specific ETA, but we will be moving away from the shield/sword and heavy bastardized Romanesque names. Topic: arena combat. On hold until new region build, an area will be provided to ensure this is completed.

[18:13:39] Aryte Vesperia: Topic: RLAV races. Completed the rules and premise/rezzer necessary to make it happen, however no races have been hosted as of yet. Potentially this is an OID opportunity? Topic: crafting/randomized events. No ETA, but a lot of interest presented by donors to see randomization of events added into the new build. High potential of inclusion. Topic: OIC rewards. Completed and available for folks wishing to push for the achievements. Topic: ART achievements. Completed and underway; ART is woven into our combat fabric.

[18:15:05] Aryte Vesperia: Topic: unique items for units. Completed. Challenge coins and vanity items available for the divisions as unique rewards (tome/Munitorum robes). Some additional clarity on the use of challenge coins needed. Topic: merit additions. Completed. Phased out marksman badges, replaced with merits. Added additional items. Topic: archetypes. 50%. Models and concepts done. Materials in progress (educational), along with scripting of items. No ETA.

[18:16:22] Aryte Vesperia: Topic: elite variant of weapons. In conception and seeing limited testing at this time. Topic: centralized policy. Mostly done—waiting on Astra to update their information. Additionally, still need to clarify the tiers of authority (handbook being constitutional, divisions being federal, etc). Topic: promotion requirement revisions. Not yet handled, but concepted. Now that I mention it, I am sure Hollow will resume pestering me. Additionally, IEA still not up to speed with the NCOA.

[18:17:44] Aryte Vesperia: Topic: CDF modifications. On hold until new region, however there is a lot of awesome potential here. Hollow made some major headway some months ago. Additionally, the CDF is seeing a lot of use as a Curia tool. Topic: officer task list. Completed and in use. Topic: force streamlining. Completed and ongoing. Topic: office hours. Completed, but seeing limited us. Officers should resume this. Topic: officer promotion transparency. Completed and available on the policy section of the forums.

[18:19:09] Aryte Vesperia: Topic: Armatura revisions. Completed and aligned with the Schola revisions. Topic: Ludi revisions. Ongoing? Still having considerable issues getting the NCOA and additional courses established. Topic: Palaestra expansion. Completed and even further completed with the creation of Icarus. Topic: targeted recruitment. Not yet completed, but in progress and assigned to the OID.

[18:21:59] Aryte Vesperia: Topic: Curia revisions. Completed. Curia has taken a more appellate role, with most disciplinary matters handled at the command level. Topic: AiR. Completed. AiR has expanded and is functioning at a far more optimal level. Topic: Praetorians. Completed. Signas have been abolished and the Guard has taken a more flexible approach. Additionally, the Guard has been realigned as a sort of officer SWAT team. Topic: creation of a recruitment group. Done. OID established. Topic: diplomatic core. Not yet completed, nor concepted. Eyeing it still. Annnnd finally, topic: presentation. Done. OID in control of media outlets.

[18:24:11] Aryte Vesperia: Annnd that concludes our brief update meetin'. I am going to run off for a bit to grab some food. I'll see you all soon. Be vigilant for AN and get raids out. Big promotion list will be up tomorrow. :}

[18:24:14] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed!

[18:24:16] Aryte Vesperia: /s3

[18:24:18] Aryte Vesperia: aw

[18:24:19] Aryte Vesperia: fail

[18:24:19] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:24:20] Kasumi Quartz salutes, " Ruhm zu dem Imperator"

[18:24:21] Mikeo Amiot salutes!

[18:24:21] Wynand Doomdale thumps his paw to his chest and salutes.

[18:24:21] BurrWolf Qin salutes! "For the Glory of the Imperium!"

[18:24:21] Aryte Vesperia: Lmao.

[18:24:21] Kithsuneca Eilde salutes!

[18:24:23] Markius Faulkner salutes "Pro Imperatore ac Imperio!"

[18:24:23] Kyra Vixen salutes! "For the glory of the Imperator!"

[18:24:24] Intus Infinity presents a salute.

[18:24:25] Shizzerk Kostolany salutes!

[18:24:25] Ghost Quihoxil salutes!

[18:24:28] Ken Bremer salutes!

[18:24:29] Heavy666 Bolden salutes.

[18:24:31] Shizzerk Kostolany: JUST IN TIME TO SALUTE

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.