Clicky

Deadmon

Battlefield 4

BF3 also came out in october of 11. Not a yearly push release like CoD. If you also look at past history this isnt too far off...

1942 (2002)

vietnam (2004)

bf2 (2005)

2142 (2006)

bad company (2008)

bc2 (2010)

bf3 (2011)

and thats not including the tons of expansions and 2 free play games heroes and bfp4f

Its also worth noting that almost all of them bring something new to the series in terms of development. Frostbite improvements, damage imrpovements, game mechanics, ect. CoD has used the same engine with almost no new changes to it since CoD2

Edited by Deadmon

Guest Afevis

I really hope we don't see it until 2014 so those of us who paid for a game can enjoy it rather than having to deal with CoD like "new one every year" garbage.

bf4.jpg

BF3 also came out in october of 11. Not a yearly push release like CoD. If you also look at past history this isnt too far off...

1942 (2002)

vietnam (2004)

bf2 (2005)

2142 (2006)

bad company (2008)

bc2 (2010)

bf3 (2011)

and thats not including the tons of expansions and 2 free play games heroes and bfp4f

Its also worth noting that almost all of them bring something new to the series in terms of development. Frostbite improvements, damage imrpovements, game mechanics, ect. CoD has used the same engine with almost no new changes to it since CoD2

Yeah but 2142 was sci-fi and BF2 was still played a lot even while 2142 was out.

BC and BC2 were a different style of game that seemed more CoD ish and not a true BF game. Also I swear BC2 was out longer than just 1 year before BF2 came out.

I guess if it comes out fall 2013 it is still 2 years between games AND they actually make improvements unlike CoD.

A New BF 2142-like would be interesting, i admit.

Meanwhile yeah, it will be 2 years of development and maybe more if you consider that BF 4 is a 'Better BF3' and not a BRAND NEW like BF 3 was compared to previous games.

Frostbite 2 surprised us, let's wait and see what the the Frostbite 3 brings to the table.

Now that the game is out and I have played the Campaign, I must say that it is lame..... Still no gamepad support for PC, can't adjust FOV, and the story was written by the same guy that did Modern Warfare and it feels like Modern Warfare not Battlefield >_> Hopefully multiplayer can redeem it.

Battlefield has always been about the multiplayer.

I've played the singleplayer campaign in both Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, and enjoyed both despite them both being rather similar to Modern Warfare, and really not all that unique or memorable. You can only get so innovative these days when it comes to FPS games and their singleplayer stories, especially when so many have "modern" themes, as was the case with the Modern Warfare series, Bad Company 2, BF3, and now BF4. So far, I've rather enjoyed the BF4 campaign despite similarities to other titles. Again, I can't say the story has been all that memorable, but I think it's been entertaining enough to draw me in and keep me interested enough to finish it.

I don't understand why people are judging the game for its single player campaign.

People probably think that, if they're going to put in singleplayer, they should make the effort for people to truly enjoy it. I dunno.

Having now finished the campaign, I can say the ending was kinda meh, but I still enjoyed it overall. It was nothing spectacular, but I didn't feel like I had just completely wasted my time.