Clicky

Aryte

28JUL12 - Weekly Meeting

[18:00:22] Aryte Vesperia: A very good evening to you all! Welcome and thank you for attending. Please be sure to hold your comments and questions until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions affect us all.

[18:00:50] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Sworn members: 319

Cadets: 13

Applications

New: 10

Accepted: 5

Denied: 3

Review: 2

Operations

Defensive: 81

Offensive: 18

Allied Assistance: 0

[18:01:15] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes for this week: not much has occurred out of the norm! Combat remains relatively steady. Opportunity has arisen for the first time in many months: a new group has joined the fray. Well, they are an old new group, but still . . . Regius has returned to activity. Thus far, the organization decided to pop in to Titan to announce “we’re back!” I look forward to visiting them on their home turf (Tamarillo, I believe).

[18:01:53] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports for this week?

[18:01:55] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand for Terra.

[18:02:02] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Yifu.

[18:02:11] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Hello, Ordo. Terra had a fair week. Raids were led, people were slaughtered. In other news, with the influx of new recruits to Terra and Astra, I'm relying on you B commanders to properly integrate them into the group! Trainings, check-ins and general friendliness go a long way.

[18:02:42] Hollowmengitus Yifu: In other news, Insidiae is currently starting it's new training program -- it doesn't have a name, but it is very competitive and rewarding program. If you want to ride around on fast moving vehicles and shoot people along the way, let Carrious Darbyshire know.

[18:03:34] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Going back to B, I'm proud to announce that George Reisman is now B CO. With the absence of thatguy, George has stepped up to the plate multiple times. Good job, Grizzly.

[18:03:56] Hollowmengitus Yifu: That's all for Terra tonight.

[18:04:07] Hollowmengitus Yifu rips off his shirt and runs off the stage.

[18:04:12] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Next?

[18:04:21] Radryl Allen raises his mace.

[18:04:23] Aryte Vesperia: Mr. Petrov.

[18:04:24] Riff Petrov raises a hand for the IEA.

[18:04:29] Ethan Schuman raises his hand.

[18:04:35] Riff Petrov: For the Imperial Education Administration: Another strong week for Schola with 33 phases held and 2 Armatura classes. Plenty of new faces as an obvious result. Big thanks to Rigonet for managing 16 classes in a week! Aside the massive influx from schola things are relatively quiet in the IEA.

Interested in teaching for the IEA? Apply online at: http://forums.ordoimperialis.com/index.php?/topic/13701-iea-scholaarmatura-recruitment-application/ or contact me directly. That's all for the IEA this week!

[18:05:09] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Mr. Allen?

[18:05:31] Radryl Allen: Good evening everyone. This is Adstutia, it was a pretty slow week, the only news that we can give is that EB is open and their new sim is pretty different compared to the old one. As always, Melina will be a problem, so I will try to lead the first raid to make sure everything will go well, from what I heard from Sonja, it seems that Melina is on some kind of banning streak and will do his best to get ANYONE banned with random reasons.

[18:06:14] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you! Mr. Schuman?

[18:06:22] Ethan Schuman: Astra has the following to report. Both Aquila and Reapers are experiencing a trend of newer, more active people coming in/back to fill the slots of those who we are cycling back to the reserves. This has caused standard flight activity to increase on average. While we're still nowhere near the level of participation I'd like to see, things are improving. Letalis also had good activity numbers this week, with Twitchy also starting to aim for dedicated air raids in addition to ground assaults. Also, despite Heavy being distracted by his new Enforcer (congrats on that, by the way), Palaestra efficiently processed the large number of recruits that came through. Quite a few Icarus pilots have reached their Tier 1 certification, and five are working on their Tier 2. Those numbers were up to date on Tuesday. I believe a few more have advanced since then. Azimuth is doing a good job of managing Icarus so far despite Reinhardt's LOA, so I'm quite optimistic about the performance we'll see when he returns.

[18:06:31] Ethan Schuman: That's all from Astra for this week.

[18:07:03] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you. Final call.

[18:07:44] Aryte Vesperia: Moving on.

[18:07:45] Aryte Vesperia: ✠Development

[18:08:07] Aryte Vesperia: A round of applause for another page being turned: the M11 is no more. Say hello to the actually useful and effective Fulgor! This has been a long time coming—I am rather excited to see the new sniper platform in use and actually finding a place among our combat arms. The mixture of ray and DU rounds give it a strong bite.

[18:08:30] Aryte Vesperia: If you still have the M11, go swap ‘er out. You won’t be disappointed. As a side note, the targeting with the ray round takes some practice. Once you get the hang of it, the lethality is unmatched.

[18:08:51] Aryte Vesperia: There are some questions floating about regarding the AP damage on the DU. Uh. This is a state secret; sorry (it’s around 15).

[18:09:27] Aryte Vesperia: In other news, testing of the AK-12 has been going extremely well. I do want to go ahead and let folks know that upon the release, we will be changing the weaponry allotments a tad bit. Rather than issuing separate primary weapons to Astra and Terra, the AK-12 will be universal to all. The Covalent will be placed back into the armory as an unlock for Astra and continue its availability per the norm for everyone else.

[18:09:43] Aryte Vesperia: Reason being? Consistency is pleasant. Further, the new tracer designations for the platform will be beneficial to both divisions.

[18:10:40] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Stay Frosty

[18:11:12] Aryte Vesperia: For the sake of the team, I want to take a minute to just chat about the importance of keeping on task during combat. In the immortal words of Guardsman Bleac: stay frosty. Clear, consistent orders are critical—as is keeping yourself in check during the midst of battle.

[18:12:15] Aryte Vesperia: During ART, we talk a whole lot about maintaining com order. During ART, we do a phenomenal job of demonstrating that. During most raids, we do an equally phenomenal job. However, from time to time, that overall structure breaks down and we run into issues. There are a few “usual suspects” in that regard: the too many chief syndrome, the “I’m a badass” syndrome, and the “I like to make sure everyone knows I am unhappy” syndrome.

[18:13:49] Aryte Vesperia: Too many chiefs occurs when we’ve got folks outside of command structure (IE: not the FTL, SOG, or OIC) handing out orders or directing troop movement. Any time someone not otherwise enumerated starts tossing out commands or suggestions vocally, it creates a sense of confusion. The real orders get lost, or overridden by what—for the most part—is just someone trying to be helpful.

[18:14:45] Aryte Vesperia: In the event you do have a suggestion, bring it up to the respective commander in private. That’s not to say you shouldn’t communicate: you definitely need to. Express situations, call targets, call downs, and keep things pertinent.

[18:15:28] Aryte Vesperia: The “I’m a badass” situation pops up when things spiral from “target down” or “haha! Got ‘em!” to “whoa bros, did you see how I totally pwned that guy?” Suddenly half the team is talking about how they owned X or Y and the whole situation devolves into the OIC trying to give orders between folks expunging over how totally awesome the last enemy’s death was.

[18:16:23] Aryte Vesperia: There is a time and place for celebration: take a screenshot, log that memory, and bring it up in detail after the battle is concluded.

[18:17:22] Aryte Vesperia: Annnnd my personal favorite: “I like to make sure everyone knows I am unhappy.” This is the groaning on mic, complaining about dying X way, or saying things like “WHY AM I NOT GETTING TELEPORTS?” “STILL WAITING FOR TELEPORT.” “CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHY ..” If you’re not the FTL, SOG, or OIC . . . you have no business reprimanding folks in battle. Stick to your guns, politely repeat your necessity for a teleport. If all else fails: take your hand off the push to talk key when you’re groaning about dying.

[18:18:27] Aryte Vesperia: I know some situations get frustrating. I’ve been there. We’ve all been there. But venting those frustrations on mic hurts the team.

[18:19:12] Aryte Vesperia: Neeext up . .

[18:19:18] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Imperator Involvement

[18:19:32] Aryte Vesperia: This is a topic that I have covered a bit more in depth with the officer corps, but I wish to brush over it for the sake of keeping everyone on the same page. In regards to my involvement with the group, I am attempting to create a more regimented schedule for myself to provide me with the necessary time to handle some very important matters offline.

[18:20:12] Aryte Vesperia: I ask for everyone’s understanding if I am aloof or scarce during weekdays. I will make all available efforts to be present daily, but ultimately I am going to need to lock away a couple hours each evening to work on preparing for a career change. That is hardly to say I am going to be entirely absent. Simply, I will be off and on and sticking pretty close to the calendar I provided on the forums. Please, please use the time slots listed on said calendar.

[18:21:04] Aryte Vesperia: Otherwise, in the bigger picture, I will be focusing my efforts on strategic development. Tactical level decisions are far more suited to being left to our officer and senior NCOs. These days, there simply are not enough hours in the day for me to be as invested in every nook and cranny of the group. It is time, and has been time, for me to sit back and provide the wide reaching direction for the staff to enact and enforce.

[18:21:58] Aryte Vesperia: If for whatever reason I am required for a particular task or you simply wish to hit me up for a chat: the door is still always open. Just do not be too surprised (provided it isn’t critical) if I whip out a desk calendar and ask you what time slot would be best to discuss, haha.

[18:22:57] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Day Off

[18:23:06] Aryte Vesperia: Guess what? Tomorrow is the last Sunday of this month! As such, it is our monthly day off. Yaaaay. Casual dress will be approved and we will be on stand down throughout the day. We will continue our basic administrative functions, but otherwise you are all free to relax and party heartily.

[18:23:43] Aryte Vesperia: I will announce when it begins, so stick to them uniforms until otherwise noted!

[18:23:58] Aryte Vesperia: . . okay it begins now! Dismissed and have a nice night! :D

[18:23:59] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:24:05] Intus Infinity presents a salute.

[18:24:07] Rei Kuhr salutes.

[18:24:07] Wynand Doomdale thumps his paw to his chest and salutes.

[18:24:08] Turnip Darkfury salutes!

[18:24:09] Kasumi Quartz salutes, " Ruhm zu dem Imperator"

[18:24:09] conger Mint salutes!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.