Clicky

Xoza

OUYA

Since some have not heard about it here it is. I'm VERY interested in it. Only a few weeks after Google I/O handed out the Nexus Q pretty much saying "go hack this" next day, someone hacked it in their hotel room to play Angry birds. I kind of suspect the OUYA developers were there, reverse engineered the system and developed there own smaller version. Or they at least had some influential help by the development of the Q.

/>http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

It's Google, they're the "We make whatever the hell we want then let everyone buy it and develop for it for us." Innovation brings profit. I suspect the Q only assisted and inspired the development of the OUYA, Google didn't develop it, OUYA has it's own company behind it. If the every day joe wanted to develop for their own console, what one could you develop for? Alone, none, with a company, maybe one or two will accept some products, company with a bunch of money SURE! OUYA, you, just you, you create, you play, you market and you sell. I suspect they will want a small cut and they may charge a small fee for 'live type' access or networking, but that's it. This be best case scenario though.

I already got mine, in the special Kickstarter brown brushed metal finish color, and one controller.

HOWEVER...you can pre-order, with FOUR controllers, for the price of about $200 ($210 USD for those outside the US).

((I just need to order three more controllers. >.<))

Also, I have yet to get my username set up. Will be later this month (and yes, I will have the FOUNDER emblem on it).

EDIT: Also, I think the OUYA was in development a little longer than the Q has been out...

EDIT 2: AND...there is going to be an exclusive game for it (Human Element)...AND XBMC...AND Namco/Bandai may be bringing games to the OUYA, and there will be Plex support.

EDIT 3: If you're interested in the stuff I'm backing, click here for my profile.

Edited by SalemAdams Wobbit