Clicky

Aryte

My Exam

Juuust an update, yo.

Thank you to everyone who wished me well during the lead up to taking the AFOQT. Unfortunately, things did not pan out. The recruiter I was working with was predisposed of and was unable to get me access to the air base in time. The up side, I am now working with someone massively more competent (a TSGT, in comparison to an Airman). He has assured me a place in next month's session and provided me his cell phone. So, all in all, another month of studying won't kill me. Just a bit bummed that I am now back into limbo mode until October 4th, rather than over a hurdle.

I'll probably poke my head in around this evenin'. I've taken the day (since I already had it off, durp) to catch up with errands and shake the emotional fracas of "TAKING TEST TOMORROW. WAIT NOPE. WAIT YES .. WAIT NOPE .. Y-- NOPE." I will start working on hammering out legions this weekend, regardless.

(On the plus side, Springfield finally fucking contacted me and sent me an RMA so I can get my 1911 fixed. ;~; EXCITED TO HAVE HER BACK.)

I broke the pin that held the front sight in place. Took a shot and it suddenly flew right out.

I'll probably never get to hold it again. ;~;

From the way the 1911 works, it was a defect in the front sight, which is covered under warranty (or it's supposed to be). There was no way you could be at fault, Mr Shark. I have known some temperamental firearms though...a few Bi-Polar ones too.