Clicky

Aryte

08SEP12 - Weekly Meeting

[18:02:06] Aryte Vesperia: I wrote these before the news. So fuck.

[18:02:07] Aryte Vesperia: Rofl.

[18:02:11] Aryte Vesperia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtPluXq_hko

[18:02:15] NuzzyLus Resident: lawl

[18:02:16] Aryte Vesperia: A very good evening to you all! Welcome and thank you for attending. Please be sure to hold your comments and questions until provided the opportunity to speak. Interruptions affect us all.

[18:03:00] Aryte Vesperia: Statistics

Sworn members: 274

Cadets: 8

Applications

New: 8

Accepted: 0

Denied: 4

Review: 4

Operations

Defensive: 114

Offensive: 7

Allied Assistance: 0

[18:03:12] Disembodied Hand: lol

[18:03:13] Disembodied Hand: hahahah

[18:03:17] Disembodied Hand: this week doesnt matter, vg is dead.

[18:03:18] Disembodied Hand: :P

[18:03:22] Aryte Vesperia: Diplomatic notes: interactions have been fairly broad on the defensive side; we have fielded against essentially every active group on the grid. As a side comment, kudos to the defense teams: you have done incredibly well. Otherwise, political shifts have really been nonexistent. The majority of the community remains embroiled in X game release, school, or a combination thereof.

[18:03:29] Aryte Vesperia: .. ALSO VG JUST DIED SO LOL DIPLOMACY.

[18:03:32] Aryte Vesperia: COLD WAR IS OVER.

[18:03:47] NuzzyLus Resident blows her non commie horn leaving the other one in her hat

[18:05:13] Aryte Vesperia: I can't even express to you how amazing this is. A page has turned and we weathered another run. It's unfortunate to see another group go, but Vanguard has been a huge stain on this community.

[18:05:17] Aryte Vesperia: Congratulations.

[18:05:49] Aryte Vesperia: Unit reports for the evening?

[18:05:57] Hollowmengitus Yifu raises hand.

[18:06:03] Aryte Vesperia: Doctor Yifu.

[18:06:52] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Due in part to a dramatic lack of reports (unless SL ate them, I do not know,) Terra's report isn't happening.

[18:07:07] Hollowmengitus Yifu: Senor Aryte.

[18:07:47] Aryte Vesperia: I have a couple. But I ain't even mad.

[18:07:50] Aryte Vesperia: Next?

[18:08:14] Incognitustealthy Resident raises hand for Astra report.

[18:08:22] Aryte Vesperia: Sir Incognitu.

[18:08:26] Incognitustealthy Resident: VG's dead. Airplanes.

[18:08:35] Aryte Vesperia: Amazing. Thank you.

[18:08:36] Aryte Vesperia: Next?

[18:08:41] Tsume Xiao Raises hands

[18:08:48] Aryte Vesperia: Professor Xiao.

[18:09:41] Tsume Xiao: Fancy bomber is flying and has crazy death laser. Bomb model was done by Xoza and I think textured by Sietto. When I am done riding it around like an RLAV I will begin working on the different bomb types. Yaaay.

[18:10:00] Dresden Xaris: Hi5

[18:10:25] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:10:27] Aryte Vesperia: Any additional?

[18:12:43] Aryte Vesperia: Excellent. Moving on!

[18:12:50] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Development

[18:13:05] Aryte Vesperia: All of the caseless weapon updates have been put into the lockers as of the start of the week. A few of you appear to have figured that out, as I have seen them out and about on the field. Thank you to Keller Teichmann for getting those hammered out. They are a solid inclusion to our weaponry choices.

[18:13:39] Aryte Vesperia: The Retribution is coming along quite nicely. The basic flight core is operational, as is test platform for the weaponry load out HUD. Compliments to Tsume Xiao for tackling this process with such vigor—it will be incredibly pleasing to have a new tactical (and strategic) level bomber to field alongside our structure revisions.

[18:14:21] Aryte Vesperia: As for our up armored tanks: they are doing just fine. The actual process of updating them is fairly swift, albeit currently a little sidelined on account of the glee of the shiny new bomber. However, I would expect both the tanks and the command baton to be released in short accord.

[18:14:39] Aryte Vesperia: Further, the SPAAG missile has seen some additional battlefield testing. It proved to be extremely effective against the Merczateers earlier this week. I have gone and given the green light for their inclusion in the Autocrat. Policy wise, it is too early to tell how we shall opt to police their use. It may be possible to simply have them in arsenal for use abroad, but continue expecting guns-only air combat here. Time will tell.

[18:14:55] Aryte Vesperia: In other news, we have added an NCOA merit for graduates and will be issuing it soon.

[18:15:27] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Raid Policy Enhancements

[18:15:56] Aryte Vesperia: In tandem with the legion roll outs, I will be making revision to the overall process behind raid leadership. The existing tier system for leadership will remain based upon target difficulty, but I will be expanding the “types” of raids into three categories, rather than a single monolithic “this is a raid” mindset.

[18:16:51] Aryte Vesperia: Currently, it is probable that you will see the inclusion of three types of deployments:

• Force reconnaissance: 3-5 man teams; slated to low tiers; engage enemies, infiltrate enemy defenses, disrupt their operations.

• Expeditionary: 6-10 man teams; medium tiers; engage enemies, take ground, take objectives when pertinent.

• Crusade: 10+ (full asset deployments); high tiers; dominate everything.

[18:17:41] Aryte Vesperia: The best way to look at this is the overarching strategy for the deployment. Tiers for authority would dictate the level of difficulty that you're permitted to attack, whereas the classification details the idea and general number of personnel involved in that assault. It opens the door to more light combat interactions, while giving folks the opportunity to build confidence. It'll free up the major raid leads from having to focus on dealing with smaller interactions for the sake of numbers. So, hypothetically, we could run a series of force recon assaults and generally get the "blood lust" factor handled, while the top tier leads plan major operations for prime time.

[18:18:53] Aryte Vesperia: I have been trying to think of a way to remove the stigma of being too scared to try. I believe we should frame things in proper windows-- combat does not necessarily always need to be intended for the ultimate gain. Sometimes you shoot at enemy with the intent of simply making them bleed for a while. We run into situations where we have, often, 5 or so targets with 4 to 5 enemies on them. Habit teaches us not to head there unless we have reserves to take everything when they run for reinforcements. In some instances, that is a solid habit to follow (high tier targets).

[18:19:58] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ Chronus

[18:20:39] Aryte Vesperia: After much deliberation on my part, I have made the decision to go ahead and convert Chronus into a rental region. Simply, there is not enough use of the build and with the new transfusion of legions over divisions; the overarching intent with Chronus is going to erode away. It would be far better to keep major interactions centric on Titan, than to extend ourselves during a time that the community activity is a bit low.

[18:21:26] Aryte Vesperia: As of September 15th, Chronus will be turned over to an Ordo renter to do with as he pleases. Please be sure to pick up anything you wish to keep, as the region will be wiped.

[18:22:23] Aryte Vesperia: ✠Legions

[18:22:57] Aryte Vesperia: It was originally intended that I would be over a hurdle and able to devote all of my attention to legions, however as I had mentioned on Thursday: I am stuck waiting another month to take the exam. Nevertheless, progress with the legions shall persist. I shall be hiding off in a corner for the majority of this weekend to piece together a road map of implementation and start pushing it along the way.

[18:23:35] Aryte Vesperia: My ultimate goal is to get personnel split up and prepared for transition, in order to put us into a position where we can flip the switch and make the move. The down side is: there is a lot of existing policy, training material (like Schola), tests . . . etc, that all need to be scrubbed for mention of Terra/Astra.

[18:24:21] Aryte Vesperia: This matter will be addressed during the officer meeting tomorrow. Hopefully we can work out a plan to get things simultaneously scrubbed. However, failing that, please bear with us as we find and work to modernize any material that makes mention of what will be an antiquated system.

[18:25:56] Aryte Vesperia: That said, I look forward to getting this knocked out. More on that as it arises.

[18:26:34] Aryte Vesperia: ✠ PS2 and What Not

[18:27:06] Aryte Vesperia: From what feedback I have heard from the PS2 beta, it does appear that Planet Side shall find some resonance as a permanent host of an Ordo entourage. Personally, I find that especially awesome. This will serve as a good outlet for our organization as a united front. I do intend to pick up the game once it is released. Currently, I really need to avoid the beta to avoid distractions—too much to do!

[18:28:59] Aryte Vesperia: From what feedback I have heard from the PS2 beta, it does appear that Planet Side shall find some resonance as a permanent host of an Ordo entourage. Personally, I find that especially awesome. This will serve as a good outlet for our organization as a united front. I do intend to pick up the game once it is released. Currently, I really need to avoid the beta to avoid distractions—too much to do!

[18:29:04] Aryte Vesperia: sdfsdfsdf

[18:29:06] Aryte Vesperia: This has brought up commentary about our waning raid numbers. Now, as mentioned last week, that’s certainly the product of a mixture of issues—but running amuck on PS2 has contributed. Nevertheless, I would encourage folks to relax over the notion. Certainly, please do endeavor to get SLMC raids out and keep the Ordo’s presence felt. However, do not fret too much if we are falling short of that 3 a day goal for the time being. PS2 is a breath of fresh air for most (and most folks just got their beta keys).

[18:30:17] Aryte Vesperia: Ultimately, be sure Titan is defended appropriately and our presence as an SLMC is known, but do not be afraid to go out there on PS2 and explore on behalf of the Ordo. So as long as folks are making an effort on SL, I am certainly not going to harp that we are acting as a group on another platform that could, feasibly, be a good place for us to spend more time down the road.

[18:31:26] Aryte Vesperia: We will take our goals and intended paths with a bit of salt until things level out and our future is clearer. The legionary structure will empower that, to be sure. Right now, I feel as if we’re largely feeling the pangs of trying to feel out the separation of “well, we only got half the raids on SL that we usually do” and “we put X man hours into PS2 as a team.” Ultimately, it is the working together as a team and waging combat together that matters.

[18:32:25] Aryte Vesperia: Sure, we do not currently track PS2 raids. That’s not to say we may not in the future, hah. I do ask that we keep a sense of professionalism that can be applied in both platforms: use ART terminology and organization on PS2. Use the functionalities that can be deployed on SL and PS2. Use PS2 as an opportunity to enhance teamwork. Those ideals transcend a game platform.

[18:33:48] Aryte Vesperia: At the end of the day, things will be just fine. We will get this matter sorted out once the legions are in place and we can reasonably assess how to establish our structure of involvement over multiple platforms.

[18:34:08] Aryte Vesperia: Thank you.

[18:34:13] Aryte Vesperia: Now go fucking party. We won.

[18:34:15] Aryte Vesperia snaps his fist to his chest, presenting a brief salute.

[18:34:18] Kasumi Quartz salutes, " Ruhm zu dem Imperator"

[18:34:18] Riff Petrov salutes!

[18:34:19] Incognitustealthy Resident salutes.

[18:34:20] Kurama Bingyi pounds his fist in salute and says something in Koreanese.

[18:34:21] Shizzerk Kostolany salutes!

[18:34:24] Christoph Batra salutes

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.