Clicky

Larry Furlough

iPhone or Android device: current opinions

Siri is pretty useful in the car actually.

Edit: The text prediction on iOS is ten times better than anything I've ever used on android. I rarely would ever answer texts just because I hated typing but now it's like I can mash three thousand different keys and always get the word I want. It's like having a physical qwerty again :dowant: :dowant: :dowant:

And there's just tons of little things I like a lot too, and I really forgot how much I missed podcasts. Now I can listen to Cnet's Car Tech before class and it's just so great omfg.

The only negative thing I have to say is that the notification center is behind android. And I'm still sort of getting used to some of it's quirks, like the fact I can't dismiss people's birhtdays from my facebook calendar in the notification banner... :(

And I'm referring to the developer tablet, Salem. I think eventually I can pick it up for cheap somewhere, and when I have more money to throw around.

Siri is pretty useful in the car actually.

Edit: The text prediction on iOS is ten times better than anything I've ever used on android. I rarely would ever answer texts just because I hated typing but now it's like I can mash three thousand different keys and always get the word I want. It's like having a physical qwerty again :dowant: :dowant: :dowant:

And there's just tons of little things I like a lot too, and I really forgot how much I missed podcasts. Now I can listen to Cnet's Car Tech before class and it's just so great omfg.

The only negative thing I have to say is that the notification center is behind android. And I'm still sort of getting used to some of it's quirks, like the fact I can't dismiss people's birhtdays from my facebook calendar in the notification banner... :(

And I'm referring to the developer tablet, Salem. I think eventually I can pick it up for cheap somewhere, and when I have more money to throw around.

Theres a few things you can pick up from websites about things you can do with iphones. Like double tapping the square home key you bring up the apps that are running, and you can close them from that window to save battery life. Or if you press home key and the lock key (top right across from headphone jack) you take a screenshot.

@notifications center what are you missing? have you dragged your thumb from the top of the screen down? + the fact that they arent a pop-up anymore if you dont want is amazing lol. I

I have the 4. It's starting to feel a little dated and half the features are 'locked' on this device even though it's perfectly capable of operating them(Siri etc), I should know, I jail broke her and had her functional until apple closed all her back doors and killed its online capability.

I was going to get the 4s but they announced the 5, so I got that instead. Free on contract renewal.

It's a lot of fees here so it doesn't wind up free.

And I know all that disembodied, my friends are nuts about apple stuff. :p

The only problem I'm having with the notification center is that it actually won't let me dismiss certain things, like calendar appointments. There's no way to remove it, at least not in the traditional [x] [dismiss] fasion.

And I've had other keyboards, Cypher! I found swiftkey and like ones sort of annoying as i type by pressing and not dragging.