Clicky

Shizzerk

WarZ

I'm totally playing it! Anyone else?

--- Be advised, Opinions bellow ---

Im a ARMA and DayZ fan but...

DayZ is just a IDEA..., ARMA engine is not made for the gameplay /i/ would expect from a Zombie Survival game. It lacks the frenetic 'Fight for your life' moments. And i'm not talking about just running from tons of Zombies that never stop spawning around the player and move as fast as a car in zig-zag or the frequent PvP bandits who farm stuff and sit on a hill sniping people. Because we all know ARMA engine is quite clunky and not made for FAST action gameplay.

Also that's not really true , Scarlet. So... No one else may create a survival game with zombies?

It's a indie company... They are using their engine ( i think it's theirs ) to create a new GAME from scratch on a NEWER version of that engine. They also said at early announcements that there would be WarInc skins and stuff for the veterans of WarInc.

Even if WarZ was a rip off or whatever, it's a rip off that feels BETTER then the ARMA 2 Mod... I don't get it what's the problem here.

Edited by Chris Peckham

I have to admit, i would love to have a /few/ ARMA mechanics on WarZ. Can't think of many right now but one comes to my mind in specific...

The 'Head Look' camera - Where you can hold your direction and look around without changing your stance.

Also - For more info on the game, check FORUM or Facebook page!

Edited by Chris Peckham

I will wait for DayZ standalone. I have absolutely no interest in a blatantly lazy, schlock-fest. I don't mind the ArmA mechanics, it produces a need to be familiar with and understanding of tactics, concealment, and evasion, not to mention teamwork. If you want to play MMO CoD zombie maps, go for it. I'd rather a more realistic, high-tension filled experience, than a ridiculous rambo bullet fest where your itchy trigger finger will be more use than an utter detriment.

To be quite sincere, the only high tension experience on DayZ (SO FAR) are the same...

2-3 locations that everyone go for good stuff or bandits randomly shooting people just for fun. Sometimes not even cause of loot...

I can see both games being realistic. WarZ will have a more fast paced style, while DayZ will keep the slow pace from Arma. They said that Guns and Ammo on WarZ are even more rare then in DayZ... One thing is right, WarZ IS being done based on DayZ experience, becuse they don't want to make it the same thing.

There's several things that WarZ is MUCH more realistic then DayZ...

A few of them:

Can't be farmed for stuff, nor you will respawn at the SAME EXACT point when you relog or switch servers. So no exploiting...

Zombies spawn on the whole map, not just near treestands and towns WHEN a player is nearby, nor they respawn infinitely in less then 5 minutes.

Zombies only die with headshots. They might be put down with center mass shots but will get up eventually...

Tactics, concealment and evasion is prt of both games, they are just seen from different perspectives. Also, Teamwork on DayZ is quite rare if you playing with strangers... There's no penalty for being a Bandit.

*Edited* Almost forgot, Zombies on WarZ are more fun to play against... They aren't 'Sonic'. They walk/run faster then you can move and are lightly slower then you when running. Also their animations are more realistic.

Some facts:

Sprayers and Trigger Happy people will actually find themselves often in trouble for the lack of ammo and easier mobility of players. Also like i said before, Zombies need headshot to die.

YES - I'm comparing to the current DayZ as NOT MUCH will change with Standalone release. If it does, AWESOME! Two good games.

And theres several other minor things that are player preferences, in my cases, i like the fact of having the option to customize my character.

I'll also check out DayZ standalone. If a mod can be that good, the standalone will be even better. But calling WarZ a 'MMO Cod Zombie' ish a bit harsh for a game that features quite a few stuff that DayZ has and does it better. Like construction, strongholds servers, farming, better character and map persistence etc.

Both games will have something the other does not have. Currently WarZ in my opinion gives a better feeling to the Zombie Survival game... In DayZ after you learn how to sneak past the zombies(and since they just respawn when you're near a specific spot) Tactics and stuff are only meant to avoid getting sniper by a bandit sitting on a hill 600 meters away ad it's jsut too easy to snipe people cause of ARMA 2 Clunky mobility and the slow pace of the game ;p

Also - I know that ALL videos of WarZ so far shows alot of guns and ammo... But that's ALPHA build guys! They showcasing the game and testing stuff... The beta and Final Version will have ajusted spawn rarity.

Edited by Chris Peckham

It's never wise to compare a game that is apparently being finished in a month or two, to one that has been in alpha for nearly a year, if not more than a year, and will probably continue to be in alpha for quite some time into the future.

EDIT: To elaborate on that point, DayZ has a long way to go before it's done. It's not exactly fair to call it clunky and dumb. :U

Edited by Caleb Carstensz

(Let me say this before i begin: I like and endorse both games... But complaining about WarZ before the game is even released and tested by players is quite dumb unless you use the right argument. No offense ^^'.)

Look - They said they had to announce the game sooner because of DayZ going standalone. Can't you see it?

Is it true or not, i don't care. Because the game won't stop being worked on just because it left alpha and beta stages.

DAYZ is a mod right now... IMAGINE if they released it AFTER DayZ Standalone? Hell why would anyone pay attention to it?

It's like asking " Hey who do i trust more, that indie company or a well known Modder that i like + Bohemia Studios? "

About the alpha thingy, thts just BS caleb >.> If the owner/maker/studio wants it it can stay alpha/beta or whatever as long as they want... it was done before.

Just like APB reloaded! APB reloaded was on beta for /at least/ 1 year now, probably more! And the game was 'ready for release' at like... Patch 1.4.5 or 1.5.

Releasing a game and updating it is no different from leaving the game in 'alpha stage' and continue to add stuff ... Also, do you really thing it will be different for DayZ standalone? They are going to work on it and when it's close to do they are going to announce it, then after a while they will test it (IF they do) and release.

EDIT 1:As for the mod... Well the mod will always be limited to ARMA 2 nd the fact that its a mod... So they can't make the game work the way they want, they have to make the mod work the way the game allows.

DayZ standalone MAY be better then WarZ, but there's nothing to prove that right now does it? So at least let's just enjoy the good and baddies of both games without acting like WarZ is some War Crime against Zombie Survival Games.

EDIT 2: DayZ mod will always be clunky cause of ARMA 2 engine. No one said it was Dumb it's GREAT actually. The idea that DayZ brought to the gaming community is one of the best and most fun i ever played!

DayZ standalon - well that one we will have to wait for ARMA 3 release aren't we?

EDIT 3: This link will take you to the Forum - More precisely a topic that acts as a Video Database for all videos and the lastest ones released! - http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?11913-The-War-Z-Video-Database

Edited by Chris Peckham

(Also remember, i play both DayZ and WarZ so i'm not just a WarZ fanboy. Also a few of you guys know me so yeah.)

Quite a few of those statements are lies y'know?

The most laughable one - Is that kid who streamed the game even though there is a NDA prohibiting from that. Guess it's no surprize it was a kid.

I'm in the Alpha for WarZ. WarZ feels MUCH more immersive then DayZ. PLAYS the same way as DayZ and much more control friendly.

You CANT buy revives. At the moment if you die, you get a 1hour wait for revival of same character OR you can play with another character - You can create up to 5 characters.

OR - You can delete your dead character and recreate it and paly right away...

Game is NOT a stolen idea or else what i asked you would be true. DayZ made a Zombie Survival game, so no one else allowed to?

I'm playing the alpha. It begun 15 October. The bugs and crashes found so far were 80% fixed...

Yes there is a Cash shop, because Hammerpoint is not a big company like Bohemia Studios, it's a Indie one. ANd WHATS WRONG, what they wanting to have a cash shop? You do'nt HAVE to buy anything from it. And you can't buy weapons from it... So it's not pay to win.

Also - All this BS for when WarZ begun to be worked on is just haters trying to find a reason to hate the game...

Anyway i won't tell you guys who to believe, but those who did not get used to DayZ. WarZ is 'check it out' game! Specially once the Reputation System fix the PvP KOS bs that happens on DayZ too. Which was expected.

The game has been on alpha for barely 2 days! How long has DayZ, a mod, been on alpha until the bugs were sorted out? ANd HOW MANY bugs there is still on DayZ? Like ZOmbies don't follow you into buildings or slopes and etc?

Yes on WarZ PvP is kinda like a Fffffest at the moment, but that's because they allowed PvP without the Reputation System which will add Drawbacks for Killing folks. ALso another thing there is NOT on DayZ. How is that also stolen idea?

Also - Like i stated before, WarZ runs on a new version of WarInc engine. SO YES it will look familiar! But it's not the same. Yes there are things 'copied' from WarInc! SO WHAT? I would copy stuff form MY other game if it's no big deal!

What's wrong about using the same house or barn model if it's a GOOD one? Or character or Item or whatever... It looks alright , sowhy complain about that? Obviously that person is jut trying to add more gas so people will hate the game before trying it out for themselves or giving a chance to check it out once people are allowed to post videos and screenshots.

Thats why the NDA prohibits people from posting stuff, because the game is NOT unbugged or ready for release and they do'nt want hters doing hate campaings on the game.

Edited by Chris Peckham