Clicky

Aryte

20OCT12 - Weekly Meeting

• Diplomatic Notes
    • ARK and 2142 remain our primary interactions this week.
    • Minor engagements with Megiddo and SH also occurred.
    • Some AN interaction-- summarily resulting in most of the AN attack being banned for purposefully disregarding our combat rules.
    • Counter attack against AN quickly landed us with further animosity and much amusement.

• Preparations for November 5th
    • Founding day, “Black November” is only a few days away.
    • For those of you newer: November 5th is the Ordo’s birthday.
    • Typical festivities: speech and brief ceremony.
    • For the sake of ease, the ceremony WILL BE HELD ON NOVEMBER 4TH (Sunday).

• Defense Standards
    • Kudos to those who continue embracing ART.
    • Saw several solid, well performed defenses-- against large numbers.
    • Remember that battle buddies are mandatory at all time.
    • Everyone is a medic.
    • Stick to sectors and use force when necessary.
    • OIC’s calls are supreme-- if he or she feels X is necessary, it is necessary.
    • Officers should only usurp an OIC if their defense activity is subpar.

• Raid Operations
    • Temporary setback on scheduling crusades -- internet troubles for Huttser Ishelwood.
    • Continue focussing on a model of having two major crusade level deployments weekly, a couple standard level deployments, and as many “force reconnaissance” style as you please.
    • Force reconnaissance deployments are centric on simply engaging the enemy, scoring kills, and infiltrating their base. Objectives optional.

• Imperator’s Remarks

For the last several months, we have been in an unusual situation-- well, unusual for us. The transition from being an entirely SL focussed organization into a multi-platform organization has been and continues to be a fair challenge. It is a strong shift in paradigm, albeit a necessary shift to ensure survival and growth into the future.

We have, to say in the least, run into speed bumps along the way. But you continue to persevere and continue to push us forward. For that, I am very grateful and must extend my sincere gratitude to you all.

Now, that is not to say we are out of the woods yet. Hardly so. We have a lot more work to do before we reach a stable level on this new adventure. But time is on our side and things continue to shape up. As of November 20th, PS2 is going live. This will be a very big boost for us, as it will be the end of annoying wipes and allows us to form a sense of stability on a single server. Further, it will allow us to put a recruitment program into full swing and actually retain membership, rather than losing gains every time the server is cleared and the group disbanded by said server.

On the Second Life side, we must continue our efforts to reach outside of the SLMC to attract new membership. Over the last couple of weeks, we have picked up several folks who fit that bill. That is outstanding. Thank you to those who made that possible.

Ultimately, my only request to you all is: stay the course. I know there is a lot of confusion out there on what this will bring us. But I assure you, this is and will be a very beneficial shift for us. We are effectively having our cake and eating it at the same time.

Now, on to this evening’s festivities. As I announced earlier this week, I will be hosting another ridiculous PS2 raid. For those interested in participating, we will be gathering in the operation channel in 10 minutes. Depending on the turn out, we will either be massing armor or deploying behind enemy lines in a Galaxy like a bunch of badasses.

You are all cordially invited and encouraged to attend!

See you there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.