Clicky

CrescentSnow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Non PVP server = "Hey look at me I can complete my missions uninterrupted without any challenge whatsoever!" :P

If for nothing else, PVP is accuracy to the sith vs republic aspect :[

I plan on playing both republic and Sith, mostly because the stories will unfold differently.

If there is a high population PVP/RP that would be ideal for me.

Edited by Disembodied Hand

Hey don't bash carebear servers.

In WoW I mostly played on PvP servers. I lost interest the first round because of all the high level players that simply made questing unenjoyable since there was nothing I could do to fight them anyway. Low level rogues were the worst.

I prefer the story in the game. It's not bad.

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to in this game is no more furries. :)

Pre-Ordered long ago, will likely get lifetime membership if they offer it.

PvE/RP Server (I MAY try PvP)

Republic (I could make a Sth, but it won't be my main character)

I intend to play and enjoy, but SL is still my primary. I don't think I'll even join a guild to avoid getting 'too involved'

(Lets avoid comments about others preferences...)

Edited by Xoza Tyron

Rei, what's the social aspect like? Is it all instanced, or can I run by other players in a city, or even out in the field? I hated the way Guild Wars went with completely instanced worlds, and the only uninstanced part was the hubs where people sat around trading shit all day.

Edit: I'm also in, plx. I'll play sith or whatever. But I don't know what my job situation is going to be by then. I'll be pretty much done with school.

I'm going to be joining in, but I'm being pulled in 4 different directions in who to play it with, I generally don't like pvp servers because mmos havent learned yet how to make world pvp actually enjoyable for both parties involved, rather than a gankfest. 1 out of 10 times you might fight someone your own level, but thats pretty rare, and if you beat them, they'll get on their alt or call guildies and camp you. Its (in my opinion) a stupid waste of time that only proves how dickish people can be.

I'd probably be an imperial agent healer

Edited by Marc Gravois

I really don't have a preference for a side, Only that on PVP servers you can count me out. Only MMo that's ever been able to do PvP good was WAR.

As WoW has showed us: PvP servers are for Jerks to be Jerks to other Jerks. Unless your a hard-core player, forget it. Casual players are destined to be griefed by the unemployed.

Rei, what's the social aspect like? Is it all instanced, or can I run by other players in a city, or even out in the field? I hated the way Guild Wars went with completely instanced worlds, and the only uninstanced part was the hubs where people sat around trading shit all day.

Edit: I'm also in, plx. I'll play sith or whatever. But I don't know what my job situation is going to be by then. I'll be pretty much done with school.

It's not all instanced. Basically, you get two types of missions. Class/story missions, and regular missions. Regular missions are rarely ever instanced. They're kind of quests you do on the way to your class/story missions. The class missions are always instanced. Well, more like phased. You enter an area marked off by a green force field effect (red ones are ones you are not allowed into) and it phases the area ahead just for you. You can see people out of it, and don't go through a loading screen. Other than that the only other instanced areas are flashpoints and some heroic mission areas.

I will say though that there doesn't seem to be much reason for standing around in the capital cities other than using the market. Trainers are scattered around the game, usually one on each planet. Coruscant for Republic and Dromund Kaas for Sith Empire. Pretty much only went there to quest and then moved on afterwards.

No other real social aspects. No player housing, and as of current no way to invite people into your ship (each class's hangar is instanced, so when you go to your hangar it's "your" ship). You will be running around other players most of the time though. For heroics it's almost imperative, as well as flashpoints, which are like dungeons except heavy on story.

The rumormill is currently churning out a suggestion that as of now there won't be any non-humanoid races out there, but that is likely to change. In fact, I've heard somewhere that even the current beta testers do not have access to all the races, which I dearly hope is true. As of now, the current races are: Human, Cyborg, Twi'lek, Sith, Rattataki, Zabrak. Might be missing one or two more. And not all races are available for every class. Everyone on the beta is clamoring for more races, especially the Juhani Cathar.

Just some trivia: Currently in beta a lot of the alien languages are not in, and are being substituted. This has led to some hilarious and creepy moments, such as a Sullustan speaking huttese. Or my favorite and creepiest, a wookiee speaking ancient sith.

And more bonus: This was taken a few weeks ago. Just a picture of my character (trooper) talking to an NPC during a quest along with the companion, Aric Jorgan: armorit.th.png

Edited by Rei Kuhr

As WoW has showed us: PvP servers are for Jerks to be Jerks to other Jerks. Unless your a hard-core player, forget it. Casual players are destined to be griefed by the unemployed.

50266_221691363222_2764753_n.jpg

Totally used to hang out in Redridge with a 80 undead DK, lol.