Clicky

CrescentSnow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

We are going to be doing another three of shoots of Meridius so it suits all tastes, IE: Republic PvP, Sith RP and Sith PvP, but they wont be around untill we get into early access or Launch, thats unless some one else wants to go ahead and do it.

Volunteers ?

We are going to be doing another three of shoots of Meridius so it suits all tastes, IE: Republic PvP, Sith RP and Sith PvP, but they wont be around untill we get into early access or Launch, thats unless some one else wants to go ahead and do it.

Volunteers ?

I'm probably going to be looking for the Meridius Republic PvP, since I tend to go for PvP servers, although my favorite are PvP-RP.

Are there going to be PvP-RP servers that anyone knows of? I didn't see any but I also didn't go looking that much.

I'm probably going to be looking for the Meridius Republic PvP, since I tend to go for PvP servers, although my favorite are PvP-RP.

Are there going to be PvP-RP servers that anyone knows of? I didn't see any but I also didn't go looking that much.

There will be four different server types in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Here's how they work generally, and details on how we're dealing with roleplaying (RP) servers:

PvE (Player vs Environment) – Players will have to manually flag themselves if they wish to engage in PvP outside of designated Warzones and Open World PvP areas.

PvP (Player vs Player) – Players are automatically flagged for PvP outside of the designated 'safe' areas (such as Origin Worlds, Capital Worlds, and the Republic/Imperial Fleets; see below for more info).

RP-PvE – Players are encouraged to roleplay and act ‘in-character’ while playing on an RP-PvE server. Players must manually flag themselves if they wish to engage in PvP outside of designated Warzones and Open World PvP areas.

RP-PvP – Players are encouraged to roleplay and act ‘in-character’ while playing on an RP-PvP server. Players are automatically flagged for PvP outside of the designated 'safe' areas (such as Origin Worlds, Capital Worlds, and the Republic/Imperial Fleets; see below for more info).

The pre-launch Guild Headquarters currently allows you to select between three different server types for your guild: PvE, PvP, and RP, which will determine your server placement during Phase 3: Deployment. During Deployment, we will be placing all eligible guilds that select 'RP' onto RP-PvE servers by default. If a guild wishes to exist on an RP-PvP server, they will need to create their guild manually on a new server once they reach their Capital World (Dromund Kaas or Coruscant) and create their guild.

The decision to make RP-PvP servers an option for players was made recently, which is why the choice was not available in the Guild Headquarters to start with. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but we hope you are as excited as we are to be able to choose this option for your guild in the game at launch.

PvP server rulesets

We also wanted to expand on what the PvP server ruleset means in The Old Republic. The obvious overarching rule is that in general, if you see a player of the opposite faction, you may immediately engage them in combat.

The exception to this rule is sanctuaries, which are large areas where PvP may not take place, regardless of whether you are flagged or unflagged for PvP. Examples of this are the Origin Worlds (Tython, Ord Mantell, Hutta, and Korriban), the Capital Worlds for both sides (Dromund Kaas and Coruscant), and the Republic/Imperial Fleets.

Hopefully this post helps inform your decision as to which server type you'd like to play on at launch. If you haven’t already, create a guild on the Guild Headquarters so that you can get placed on a server before the game launches!

RP-PVP actually had the tendency to work wonders on Age of Conan. It worked with the story, and it added a sense of danger to the usual daily grind of missions and dungeon runs. Not only that, but people would actually RP situations before violently killing people.

Seems that glory's gone though since they went F2P.

It might work out pretty well on SWTOR too, as long as you don't run across the typical small band of asshats who join RP-PVP servers and skip the first part of the acronym.

(I haven't pre-ordered or anything. Usually I wait a month or three after a game's release, that way the population thins out a little bit and the companies have some time to throw down a couple of immediate patches to fix the shit they missed in beta.)

Reading the TOR updates on facebook I came accross one....

Dec 20th launch date... say what?

Is this confirmed via information anywhere else?

Only ever PC game review magazine, and website that has been running TOR articles since they announced the launch date....that and the big thing right on their front page of the site that says " Coming 12.20.11 Pre Order Now"

Now what I've wondered is this...

I'm due for early access... yay for CE preorders right? Well... if hte game isnt released till the 20th.. does that mean I'm gonna have to download the enitre game to get that early access since I dont have the disks?

I mean.. thats gonna suck for Canadians.... who get SHIT monthly bandwidth allowances already. Just with my skyrim patches alone, I hit 75% of my useage in november.

OR will they be nice, and let people with early access, actualy pick their disks up early? Any clue?

Some retailers ship early. However, since you preordered, you got a code to redeem on the website. That code is pretty much your CD-Key. It's locked to the account you redeemed it under. You'll be able to download the entire client and log in via that account. I think they're counting on most people to download the client. But don't be mad at Bioware. Be mad at your ISP for not joining modern times. I'd totally be pissed at my ISP if I were you.

Now what I've wondered is this...

I'm due for early access... yay for CE preorders right? Well... if hte game isnt released till the 20th.. does that mean I'm gonna have to download the enitre game to get that early access since I dont have the disks?

I mean.. thats gonna suck for Canadians.... who get SHIT monthly bandwidth allowances already. Just with my skyrim patches alone, I hit 75% of my useage in november.

OR will they be nice, and let people with early access, actualy pick their disks up early? Any clue?

If you get the full 5 days early access....which you should then yes you will unless as Krow said the retailer you brought it from ships early, however you should be allowed to download it up to 48 hours before early access begins so it gives you time to download the client.

MOST canadians are unhappy with the ISPs available to us. we pay out the ass for crap. and the comapnies that DO give us decent deals, are being screwed by regulatory boards that favor the big monopolies.

edit to add: How the EFF do I quit the guild I am in? I have.. cause to quit it... (Kisho, Achtai, Yoki, I'm looking at you three and expecting a look of understanding).. and I want to join the Ordo one.. BUT I cant bloody well find the option to quit the guild.

edit to add: How the EFF do I quit the guild I am in? I have.. cause to quit it... (Kisho, Achtai, Yoki, I'm looking at you three and expecting a look of understanding).. and I want to join the Ordo one.. BUT I cant bloody well find the option to quit the guild.

to bad, not allowed, jk, I have no idea, thought there was a "leave guild" on its main page.