Clicky

CrescentSnow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Maybe we can try out an RP server first? Just thinking on the sense perhaps the RP servers might bit more sense of maturity level then others. You will be open for attack the moment you start your character. You can just walk up to someone how is few levels lower then you and camp the shit out of them without a request unless bioware is going to add something for the pvp servers to prevent that.

I'll be a dark-sided Jedi Guardian. (You can interchange those. Be a light-sided Sith Warrior, etc. -- Sith warrior is the sith name equivalent to the Jedi Guardian.)

As for the moment if you start lightside and chose darkside choices your character will not be able to change their faction/class. IE: Sith goes lightside will not be able to become a Jedi and Jedi who go Darkside will not be able to go Sith. It would like an outcast and self thing without a faction to call home.

I haven't heard anything new on this. I got friend that works for EA and he hasn't said anything more on it. I can ask him but I haven't seen anything on site about it.

This is a new feature they have on SWTOR, you will need Unity Web Player

Its basically a 3D interactive map of the SWTOR universe, you can look at the planets, the galaxy, its sectors and see the player ships in 3D that you can zoom in and out on and rotate in a 3D visual field.

Just Clicky for the Galaxy map.....and look below for screenies of the ships from the 3D Map aswell as the galaxy

--== SHIPS ==--

bt7thunderclap.png

d5mantis.png

defendero.png

furyn.png

x70bphantom.png

xsfreighter.png

--== GALAXY MAP ==--

galaxydd.png

Edited by Rykiana Ferina

I like how I've spent $150 on the game already, and haven't had one word about it in likes of testing, or even being able to download it.

Same here. Literally 5 minutes after they sent out the email I was subscribed. I've had an account for almost 2 years now on their site waiting for an invite. Ridiculous in a way.

Same here. Literally 5 minutes after they sent out the email I was subscribed. I've had an account for almost 2 years now on their site waiting for an invite. Ridiculous in a way.

Actually its not, everyone that got signed up for a beta test got broken down into specific groups by PC specification, up until September, the invites that were sent out were for those who fell into those groups with a particular PC spec, however after September it became completely random, and with the start of november they started sending out mass invites of 2000 - 4000 at a time and this will continue until the end of the 2nd week of December because thats when they will take down the current testing build to impliment the R.C

so if you havent got an invite yet just wait, you still have another 4 chances to make a Beta Test weekend.

1312184523516.gif

Are you serious, man?

With how much I expect to end up playing skyrim, one weekend isnt going to matter. Where as I am uncertain if I want to get SWTOR. I like MMOs, I like star wars, but it feels... I dunno. I need to try it :|

Skyrim can wait a little before I go all completionist on its ass.

Got a weekend pass.

Not gonna use it.

STO goes free to play in January. Planetside 2 is on the way. Tribes: Ascend is in Closed Beta. Blacklight: Retribution is in Closed Beta. Firefall is...well Ffff, I dunno.

I see nothing special with this game, besides the little added pieces, like fully-voiced gameplay and a shiny BIOWARE sticker on it. I didn't even like KOTOR that much. I was a Mass Effect fanboy. All I see is another Star Wars game that maintains all of the fluidity that WoW used to have.

Got a weekend pass.

Not gonna use it.

STO goes free to play in January. Planetside 2 is on the way. Tribes: Ascend is in Closed Beta. Blacklight: Retribution is in Closed Beta. Firefall is...well Ffff, I dunno.

I see nothing special with this game, besides the little added pieces, like fully-voiced gameplay and a shiny BIOWARE sticker on it. I didn't even like KOTOR that much. I was a Mass Effect fanboy. All I see is another Star Wars game that maintains all of the fluidity that WoW used to have.

Then why sign up for the Beta in the first place ?????

ToR is not bad. It is nothing like World of Warcrat. Honestly. I have played WoW for like a year. I think personally it is on the direction what an MMO should be in all aspects of game play. You can't be lazy like how it in WoW. You actually have to work for stuff and the challenges there are. Blizzard keeps changing their builds because to many people complain how hard everything is. I want to say to them, heaven forbid if you actually have to work for gear and items. I like the challenge ToR has. I enjoy working for stuff.

Blizzard changes builds for balance reasons, not community complaint. The original days of WoW there was always atleast 1 class that was OP as Ffff, now that years and years have gone by they have balance pretty down to even.

WoW is a gameplay oriented MMO, not story, not society. Its essentially for people to solo to max level then end game with guild.

I miss SWG. It was all about the economy, the societies, the interactions. The gameplay was fun before combat upgrade, and you could build cities with people on any planet you wanted, or go pvp, or craft items with insane quality factors such as where you got material, what material, and what quality that specific sample was.