Clicky

CrescentSnow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Looks like everyone will get their chance at a Beta weekend before the launch, SWTOR put this out

When we started our Beta Testing Weekends, we told you that each weekend would include more testers than the last. We’re excited to announce that later this month we will be conducting our largest Beta Testing Weekend yet, specifically designed to help us stress test our servers in preparation for the launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

How can you take part in this coming Beta Test Weekend? Well, for starters we are happy to announce that anyone who has signed up for our Game Testing Program prior to today, November 11th, will get invited! Invites will be sent in the coming weeks.

For people who haven’t signed up for our Game Testing Program, you can also get into the Beta Stress Test Weekend through a series of promotions.

Original Article

Edited by Rykiana Ferina

The Server is: Bundar Crystal (probably spelled wrong)

Side: Republic (Blame "Goody two shoes" Xoza *sith rage*)

PvE and Republic.... I'll make a character over there on sunday. :>

Just to clear up any confusion about the new set of Beta Invites that have been sent out:

Does this announcement mean I can play Star Wars: The Old Republic this weekend (November 11th to 13th)?

No it does not, unless you have a previous testing invite - either to this weekend (November 11th to 13th) or to general Game Testing (ongoing). The Beta Testing Weekend we are referring to will happen within the next few weeks.

When will the Beta Testing Weekend start?

It will happen in the next few weeks. We'll have an announcement on the exact timing closer to the weekend's start.

Will this be the final Beta Testing Weekend?

Currently, we expect it to be.

Will I be able to download the game client in advance of the weekend?

Yes, we will be sending out invites to download the game client in advance of the upcoming weekend.

I logged in to www.swtor.com/tester and there is no download link. Am I still invited to testing?

Yes. The page will change when you are able to download the game client, which will happen closer to the upcoming weekend's start.

I have previously tested Star Wars: The Old Republic. Will I get invited to the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend?

Yes, you will. Every person that is signed up and opted in for Game Testing before November 11th will be invited to the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

I have previously tested Star Wars: The Old Republic and already have the game client. Will I need to re-download the client for the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend?

Yes. The game client has changed substantially since earlier Game Testing phases, and you'll need to re-download it for the upcoming Testing Weekend. If you have been invited to the 11-13th of November Beta Testing Weekend, you will need to patch the game client for the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

Will I need to re-download the game client after the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend, or can I use it during Early Game Access?

You may have to re-download the game client. This will be confirmed after the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

What if I do not live in a launch country for Star Wars: The Old Republic?

As long as you are signed up and opted in for testing, you will be invited to test in the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

What if I have not signed up, or opted in for testing by November 11th?

We are partnering with a number of games media sites worldwide to give away Beta Test Weekend Codes. They are listed in this article. If you receive a code from any of these sites, you will need to sign up on StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com to redeem that code. Further instructions are listed in the post directly below this one.

Should I try and get a key from a media partner, just in case?

If you were already signed up for testing before November 11th, you do not need an additional key. By taking a key, you'll deny someone else a chance to test the game - so please do not apply for a key you will not need!

If you have further questions, please ask them in this thread and we'll try to answer them.

These instructions only apply if you have secured a Beta Test Weekend Code from a media partner site. Click here for the list of participating sites.

Congratulations on getting a Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Code for our upcoming Beta Testing Weekend! Now you need to redeem your Beta Code before 11:59PM CST on Friday, November 18th to get into this Beta Testing Weekend! To help you along, we’ve provided these easy-to-understand steps that will guide you through the process of redeeming your code:

Congratulations! Your account is now ready to take part in our Beta Testing Weekend. We want to thank you for taking part in this Beta Testing Weekend, and we hope you enjoy your time playing Star Wars:The Old Republic!

Edited by Rykiana Ferina

i get 6 fps with everything turned on low/off. it also keeps crashing after 15 minutes. :[

Is this just in general or in specific areas :?

NOTE

You will lag horrible in places like the Senate Plaza on Coruscant, all over Taris, In some warzones and in areas that use allot of visual effects for instance (destroyed areas giving of particles)

Edited by Rykiana Ferina

I was questing with my Inquisitor in one of the Sith Temples drinking in the sweet, delicious death screams of the feeble enemies, when I chanced upon a Sith Warrior overwhelmed by those worms.

He died just as I started to turn them into charged, crispy chunks via dark electricity so I decided to rez him (which is cool that anyone can do just by right clicking on a feeble one's corpse).

"Arise...Weakling" I said as he popped up.. To which he replied "Ty". When I said "Try not to fail next time" he came back with "lol wut?"

Sighing I walked away, looking behind to see him promptly get devoured again by respawning mobs as he'd neglected to heal himself..

Peace is a lie, there is only passion...