Clicky

Deadmon

Star Wars + Disney

http://www.huffingto..._n_2045632.html

Depending on the path they take with this, it could be terrible.

HOPEFULLY they respect the star wars series and lore in terms of the star wars movies, games, and other releases.

HOWEVER, I bet we can expect some bullshittery in terms of things like Darth Vader and the Emperor making appearances in kindom hearts, and various other bastardizations. :[

I don't know. It could be great.

I feel very disconnected from the main series when I think about the EU, but, I also realize that Star Wars' nature has the ability to create some truly great series, such as the first two KOTORs. I genuinely loved those games. I can't say the same for other titles, however.

I just hope they respect the original saga. I know Lucas intended for it to end at 6.

I myself am torn. As Larry said it -could- be great. In my opinion itll play out something like this:

While some massive facepalms may be expected with their eventual star-wars disney promotional cross-overs and things like seeing vader in kindom hearts 3, you know they are going to have to keep parts of lucasarts in-tact for lore and whatnot. They undoubtedly know that the fanbase is going to be hesitant, full of scrutiny, and quick to damn any ventures as true to the name.

What this means is while Disney will own and most likely be taking advantage of star-wars crossovers, they will likely have true lucasarts studio putting out legit star-wars content that will be of good quality. Disney does quality, they helped with Avengers and it was a great film. They know how to appeal to the specific audience they are going for. They usually target younger audiences because its higher revenue, but with such an established fan-base that Star Wars has I would expect them to be just as on-point with older audiences.

I honestly would not mind seeing some mini series set in the EU, aimed at an older demographic instead of a child to teenager group. Absolutely CGI if it had Mr. Hamill, Mr. Ford and Mrs. Fisher reprising their roles.

I shudder at the thought of seeing Mark in a girdle and spending a majority of the SFX budget on thinning him down just for a 5 second shot of his midsection (al la. Bill Shattner and Star Trek VI).

This could be bad news for SW ... Or It could be a GREAT thing.

I admit that Disney fails hard sometimes but MOST of the time, it does a amazing job at surprizing folks. Lately Disney has been trying to target the Adult population , probably trying to change the way people see the company when they hear " Disney ".

I for one am a GREAT fan of KH and SW series as well and even though i don't see Vader getting into the plot, even if it did i'm pretty sure they would no doubt reproduce the same High Quality from the Sw franchise.

Those kind of things are kinda a big deal for the KH developers and producers. Thus why they USUALLY make two versions of each content... The original one 100% based on CANON content and a additional chapter following the 'What if' idea.

Edited by Chris Peckham

Aw comon! Prince of Persia wasn't all THAT bad... And that coming from a HUGE PoP fan...

And notice i said... THAT bad... Damn... it could be much better, but you shouldn't be surprized by now that every live action sucks somehow because the director meddles with the story.

Edited by Chris Peckham

Theres been a disturbance in the force. Now all I can do is worry until it plays out.

star-wars-mickey-6401.jpg

Disney-World-Star-Wars-Weekends-1.jpeg

Lets just hope the good that comes from this far outweighs the negative. As long as they produce kick-ass SW content that is true to the currently approved not watered down I dont mind the cross-over bullshit too much honestly. Its already been happening with legos and various other kid oriented things. As long as they keep the majority of development more 16+ like most star wars ventures then I will be happy.

My question becomes this....

George already betrayed Star Wars's original fans.. who watched the story-telling style movies, and then learned the expanded universe.

George went on to write make episodes 1,2 and 3, and the clone war series, which has made alot of the previously approved expanded universe, now impossible, and in the end, loosing alot of the original fans, even if he gained a new fanbase of short attention-span action sci-fi action lovers.

The question is will Disney try and find a balance between the lost original fans and the new in an attempt to regain the originals and keep the new, or follow their habbit of catering to the new short-attention spanned fans? This is going to be the make-or-break moment of this endeavour in my opinion.

Then again it IS Disney. We can expect more Jar Jar Binx moments, more whiney anakins, and movies that are almost entirely CGI if not fully done so.

George was, flat out, the worst thing for Star Wars. Disney.. as of this moment, looks to prove that wrong, and be an even bigger threat to it. BUT they can prove themselves the Chosen One, depending on how things evolve. I'm interested in seeing how it goes, but I'm not going to expect much and I sure as hell wont hold my breath.