Clicky

Aryte

03NOV12 - Anniversary Meeting

[18:00:44] Aryte Vesperia: Good evening everyone. Good evening and thank you for joining me for tonight’s proceedings.

[18:01:09] gabi12mendes Resident: pat =)

[18:01:16] Aryte Vesperia: As you all know, tonight is an especially important moment for us. Six years ago, the Novus Ordo Imperialis took roots-- starting what we now know as the Ordo.

[18:02:03] Aryte Vesperia: For those few ancient souls lingering out there, you will recall our history stretches back as early as June of 2006. I consider that period our time of strife. It was a period in which we questioned our survival on a daily basis. We were, in effect, wanderers scraping out its place among an unpleasant world.

[18:02:45] Aryte Vesperia: We did so with a remarkable amount of effort and an unquestionable desire for achievement. We did so against all odds and all the ill wishes of the existing organizations at the time.

[18:03:14] Aryte Vesperia: But not only did we find our place: we thrived. We grew to the zenith of this community. We set the pace. We embodied the very meaning of success.

[18:03:50] Aryte Vesperia: Make no mistake, we have accomplished the unthinkable. We are the only organization who has had such a consistent presence. We are the only organization with such a lengthy tenure without interruption. We are the only organization that has maintained its strength throughout all the ups and downs.

[18:04:18] Aryte Vesperia: We have done so by the grace of many. By the efforts of good members. By the strength of our collective dreams, our aspirations, and our unified will.

[18:04:45] Aryte Vesperia: This year is a bit different than the last several. The challenges are still there, for sure, but they have evolved.

[18:05:01] Glass of rum punch: Chuck Chuck

[18:05:11] Aryte Vesperia: No longer are our greatest concerns tied with ensuring the political victory over Vanguard. No longer do we find ourselves embroiled with the matter of finding method to overcome the massed forces of alliances against us.

[18:05:45] Aryte Vesperia: No. We have already accomplished that. We watched as Vanguard folded, for a second time. We have outlived every allegiance, every concerted effort to destroy us.

[18:06:21] Aryte Vesperia: And yet, we stand at a precipice unlike any other. We now face a peculiarity that many would have not imagined . . say, a year ago. We are, in effect, a member of a dying breed. We are, truly, a group of combat soldiers faced with the possibility of an unexpected peace. A peace we are not fond of or have any real understanding of living within.

[18:07:00] Aryte Vesperia: It is axiomatic, but it remains to be said: the community we participate in has dissolved to a miserable low. Doubtlessly, the participation rates across all groups are down. You need only check sim populations to see that for yourself.

[18:07:34] Aryte Vesperia: Unfortunately, I feel as if we have now become complacent with this dissolution around us. And that is not something we can accept, nor can we afford.

[18:08:01] Aryte Vesperia: It is, to be sure, quite possible this may be the last year for the SLMC. It is not unimaginable that matters will continue to degrade. Simply, there appears to be nothing out there on the horizon that would so inspire growth among a community made up of primarily recycled memberships.

[18:08:39] Aryte Vesperia: Nevertheless. We must remain resolved to champion each and every day. We must resolve to continue to operate as if it’s the golden era-- as if we are faced with foes of commendable power.

[18:09:14] Aryte Vesperia: Laxity is not tolerable. Laxity means we are digging our own grave. Laxity means we weaken and are an opportune target to what organizations are left out there.

[18:09:46] Aryte Vesperia: My friends, laxity is an insult, not only to one another, but to six years of history.

[18:10:06] Aryte Vesperia: I can’t allow that and neither should you.

[18:10:29] Aryte Vesperia: Think about it. We have everything to lose by complacency and everything to gain by maintaining our resolve. We choose here. We choose whether the last days of the SLMC are marked with a juggernaut of power, or if we are reduced to a token presence as the community falls apart.

[18:11:11] Aryte Vesperia: From a strategic standpoint, maintaining our strength has unquestionable benefit. Not only can we facilitate the community’s activity, engage foes, and ensure we are postured for any changes-- but we are able to turn around and carry that strength into any new adventure that may await us.

[18:12:10] Aryte Vesperia: On the flip side, if we accept laxity as our norm, we are handing over years of combat practice, years of success, and consigning ourselves to joining the remaining groups as footnotes to what was once a glorious achievement.

[18:12:48] Aryte Vesperia: I did not give six years of my life to be a footnote. And I would wager none of you have given your time to be remembered as formerly great.

[18:13:12] Aryte Vesperia: I did not spend untold hours raising and mentoring generations of leaders to watch them sit by as we join the community in its disrepair. And I would certainly hope the Ordo’s leadership isn’t complacent with simply sitting around.

[18:13:36] Aryte Vesperia: We owe it to ourselves, our legacy, and our future. We must remain in focus. We must remain strong. We must act as if the community is thriving and continue to posture ourselves to prepare for the absolute worst.

[18:14:04] Aryte Vesperia: To accomplish this is truly as simple as staying the course that we have set.

[18:14:31] Aryte Vesperia: We must continue active recruitment. Bring your friends to this organization. Reach outside of your circle of influence and promote the Ordo’s presence.

[18:14:47] Aryte Vesperia: We must continue to embrace proper combat procedure. This includes using, practicing, and participating in ART materials. This includes maintaining an OIC. This includes routinely training with your legion and on your own accord with other members.

[18:15:06] Aryte Vesperia: We must continue to maintain a presence on the field of battle. That means using the processes in place-- if you are an NCO, host those force reconnaissance missions. If you are an officer, host those standard raids. If you are a legion command, host those crusades of epic proportion.

[18:15:52] Aryte Vesperia: We must ensure participation. This entails making the most of opportunities as they arise. For example, we need to grow both here and on PS2. Not abandon either platform for the grace of ease. Operations need to be conducted with consistency in action and routinely.

[18:16:15] Aryte Vesperia: However.

[18:16:20] Aryte Vesperia: However. The most critical part of achievement is to simply . . do. I cannot stress this enough.

[18:16:37] Aryte Vesperia: We are never short on ideas. We are never short on thinkers, pledges, and sayers.

[18:17:01] Aryte Vesperia: As a rather remarkable man, Benjamin Franklin, once stated: “Well done is better than well said.”

[18:17:37] Aryte Vesperia: Our pitfall is one shared by . . well, everyone. But it is something we, as an organization, must address. We cannot be “sayers.” We cannot be wrapped up in concept. We cannot simply say “this is a good idea” or talk about solutions.

[18:17:57] Aryte Vesperia: We must achieve those solutions. We must act. We must perform the duties as prescribed. Simply pledging and talking about making gains is worthless without the act itself.

[18:18:30] Aryte Vesperia: Taking action, even if the results are small, is worth so much more than simply talking about an action.

[18:18:41] Aryte Vesperia: Your choice. We can talk ourselves into oblivion, or we can work to ensure absolute glory until the end of the SLMC and well into wherever our next adventure may be.

[18:19:01] Aryte Vesperia: We can choose to be complacent and, as product, choose to end what we have here. Or we can choose to continue to embody excellence and carry the Ordo to further heights.

[18:19:18] Aryte Vesperia: It is in your hands. It always has been.

[18:19:33] Aryte Vesperia: I am merely a facilitator. I am merely here to make our collective dreams a possibility. But it is up to you, the members, to decide how it will go.

[18:19:46] Aryte Vesperia: You decide.

[18:19:55] Aryte Vesperia: Are we going to redouble our efforts--not simply talk about it--but actually accomplish?

[18:20:04] Aryte Vesperia: Are we going to be achievers, or are we simply going to let years fall by the wayside?

[18:20:23] Aryte Vesperia: Are we going to write off our own standing as a . . symptom of the community, or are we going to persevere throughout whatever hardship presents itself?

[18:21:00] Aryte Vesperia: I truly want you to make that decision. I ask you, now, on our birthday, to decide whether or not you are going to contribute to this organization or join the community is dissolution.

[18:21:33] Aryte Vesperia: If you intend the latter, as an organization . . well, then my job is done and I will move on, pleased to have served here. I have plenty in life that needs my attention and I have a career awaiting me. I can set my hat on the shelf and be pleased with six years.

[18:22:13] Aryte Vesperia: But if you, as an organization, truly want to achieve and keep this journey going . . then I am game to continue as long as that desire is so there. As I have pledged. I will be here as long as you want me to be. However, I can’t do this alone. I need “doers.” I especially need “doers” now that my time continues to be limited.

[18:23:09] Aryte Vesperia: I don't need or want pledges. I don't need or want assurances. You can tell me you want me to continue here by demonstrating it in action.

[18:23:47] Aryte Vesperia: So, choose. Glory or footnote.

[18:24:14] Aryte Vesperia: Simple as that.

[18:24:35] Aryte Vesperia: Congratulations on another year. It has been an honor. I look forward to the next. And however many more there may be.

[18:25:00] Aryte Vesperia salutes.

[18:25:03] Aryte Vesperia: Dismissed.

[18:25:03] Intus Infinity presents a salute.

[18:25:04] Vincent Kroitschov salutes!

[18:25:04] Havoc Sparta salutes "Nec Metuas Nec Optes."

[18:25:06] Karlhockey Forte salutes.

[18:25:06] Tsume Xiao salutes.

[18:25:08] Mikeo Amiot salutes.

[18:25:08] Syn Solo salutes!

[18:25:08] Keller Teichmann salutes! "Ego sum narro universa somnium."

[18:25:08] Riff Petrov salutes!

[18:25:08] Xoza Tyron salutes!

[18:25:10] Shizzerk Kostolany salutes!

[18:25:11] Dylan Mathys salutes!

[18:25:11] gabi12mendes Resident: salutes

[18:25:11] Markius Faulkner salutes "Pro Imperatore ac Imperio!"

[18:25:12] Genesis Ronmark salutes! "Libera et impera!"

[18:25:12] Marc Gravois salutes! Behold the bringer of light.

[18:25:12] Teron Gray salutes: "Palma ut Imperator."

[18:25:12] Heavy666 Bolden salutes.

[18:25:14] Syn Elan salutes!

[18:25:15] Zerowinged Vasiliev presents a clean salute, "Guardsman Vasiliev. . ."

[18:25:16] Achtas Iceghost salutes!

[18:25:19] pat Vinciolo: salute

[18:25:19] Siaetto Resident salutes!

[18:25:27] gabi12mendes Resident: salutes

[18:25:28] pat Vinciolo: Honneur et fidélité à l' ordo

[18:25:28] pat Vinciolo: Honor and loyalty to the ordo

Oh gods, I remember that meeting room. I still think that was one of my favorite builds ever.

I do too... Wish there was a higher quality... Is... that me? I think I was there but... I thought this was the one I missed...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.