Clicky

Kellervo

Gaming Keyboard

I got a ton of gift cards this year for Christmas, a couple specifically from the best computer store in town (Memory Express, for other Canadians).

Key among the items I want is a new keyboard - my first-gen G15 is really showing its age after a few years of pretty thorough and repeated use (the LCD is burnt in and unreadable at this point). I'm already getting a new headset.

Anyone know of any reliable brands, or want to make a recommendation?

Posted with iPhone

Well, I would recommend looking at the newer Logitech OR looking at Steelseries, if you can. Razer, if you want to go with them as well, but I really would recommend matching up as much stuff as you can, to save on the amount of configuration software.

I, myself, have a Logitech G110 gaming keyboard. No LCD, but my setup wouldn't allow easy access to see it anyway, due to the desk.

Edited by SalemAdams Wobbit

Taking apart a Logitech in order to clean underneath the keys took me about 45 minutes - just to get the bottom exposed without damaging the LCD screen. All told it was about a two - three hour process, which is WAY too long for someone who cleans rather obsessively. :[

http://www.razerzone...ds/razer-anansi

Best Christmas present I received for this year. Even though I'm using it for a laptop, it's still extremely useful. The seven buttons on the bottom can be used in conjunction with the Razer Naga as re-programmable key modifiers. (Shift, Ctrl, Alt, even Shift + Ctrl, Shift + Alt, Ctrl + Alt, and Shift + Ctrl + Alt). REALLY useful for MMO gaming, but works just as well for any genre.

If you're not looking for anything as fancy, though, I can't help but recommend any other Razer keyboard - the brand is just good quality. The Black Widow looks like a pretty good keyboard. The Lycosa is the cheapest option for pretty much the same functionality as the Black Widow, so I guess in that department it's more about taste.

Edited by Kurama Bingyi

For a nice budget purchase, I would recommend the sidewinder X4.  It has 6 macro keys, anti-ghosting, built in media controls, red led backlight.  Also, it's very cheap at $40, and I would recommend you don't spend more than $50 on a keyboard unless it's going to be mechanical.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-JQD-00001-SideWinder-X4-Keyboard/dp/B002ZV51DI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358289375&sr=8-1&keywords=sidewinder+x4