Clicky

Aryte

Uniform Restrictions: Tightening Standards

As part of an ongoing effort to shape up the uniform standards and collective image of the Ordo, the following restraints are now in effect:

- No third party leggings, including, but not limited to:

a. Third party leg warmers, shoes, boots, etc.

b. Third party leg armor, thigh gear.

The use of supplemental (adding to the existing gear) third party items will be reviewed case by case. You may not replace any part of the leggings with a third party item.

ADDENDUM: If your footwear is of a general military quality and does not exceed the length of your lower leg (past knee), you may continue using it as per the norm.

But... i love my shoes...

Not really fair when furries can run around with huge footpaws and customised boots etc. Sure its part of the 'avatar', but it should be one rule for all, not one rule for some.

Not being nasty or mean or anything, just seems a bit odd to suddenly go back on it all, what about people that already have their armor sets approved?

Edited by Karla Jigsaw

Furries are provided with group related boots. The reason we're tightening restrictions are on account of armor modification running wild; it is losing uniformity and reaching levels of "what is that?" It is much more practical to say "no," rather than review every piece of footwear individually. We're not a fashion statement. We're a military.

:o No problem at all. Keep in mind this is really just a drive to tighten back up imagery. It will loosen eventually. It's something we do off and on, just to reset the trends and so forth.

That, and it'll inspire builders to work on replacing the current boots. Hahaha.

Anyone else interested in pooling L$ together to get someone to do some good sculpty stuff for the Ordo?

Cuffs and collars for the Class A's perhaps?

Boots, gloves, official(!!!) shoulder items?

Besides, I'd love to see an official ordo version of the fairlight gloves everybody is running around with these days. I think one of the main reasons the Ordo suffers from so little drama is because some of us spend the majority of our idle time on duty modding our armor (Something not many other militaries get to enjoy) Because of this, there's not really many people who have 'from the box' versions of the Medium and Heavy armor (To date, the only person I've ever seen wear the Heavy Armor correctly was Iven, Most, if not all, combine heavy and medium armor pieces to actually look somewhat decent)

Another issue that springs to mind is the rather awkward issue of getting armor modifications approved. There should be one central authority to go to instead of one officer to OK it and another officer to say What the hell is that (Without naming names, I know of one officer who will OK almost anything and another that will say any sort of prim moving on the armor is compromising the structure of the armor, I don't think this is really an acceptable way of doing things and once you get to know people you can easily play the system to your advantage.) I would assume Kitsy and Aryte are the only two people who can give definite Yes or No approval to mods, but is there anyway we can get a lictor or someone who's not extremely busy/important to be incharge of modifications and keep records (via notecards, example being '1/19/09 Approved the use of a trench coat ontop of heavy armor for milites XXXX. This would be posted on the curia forum or perhaps a public forum so people can see what is approved and what isn't and have a general go-to for modifications or add-ons without either 'just doing it' and not seeking an officer's approval, or going to one officer to OK it so another officer can deny it. Or vice-versa.) of what has been approved and what hasn't? If possible, I'd also like more on this topic to be covered in Schola as in who to talk to and what is or isn't acceptable.

This is a good time to bring these sort of issues up, as we're entering a phase of the community that's marked by a lack of combat and unity. (With the collapse of the AN as a superpower and our only real targets being minorities from other countries, most armies enter a 'Six months of peace, internal drama / old vets leaving / fast promotions for the new guys phase) I'd really like to see more uniformity in the ranks and more pride in our armor, our units (Squads, cohorts, etc) and in the Ordo as a whole to prevent any sort of splintering.

Well, that, and I think we're the only army without sculpty armor (I was told the AN was switching to sculpty stuff soon, this depresses me) and the fact that not many people can wear our armor 'as is' due to the neckpiece being... difficult (6 pathcut prims instead of one sculpty makes for difficult resizing and placement.) Perhaps now would be a good time to invest more time and effort into something the entire community can use.

Don't donate to me, I recommend someone much higher in rank (Preferably Aryte himself) collect the money and find someone to build simple sculpties to add on or even replace certain parts of our current uniform (Until we fully re-do the uniforms and armor, as it is a long term goal.)

Also, this is not a 'Do as I say not as I do' kind of post, I fully intend to donate to the cause as well as suggest it, even if I do not get to use it due to rank I feel our appearance should match our reputation for professionalism. Our weapons and gadgets (Jetpack, anyone?) are becoming lower ARC as well as more efficiently scripted over time, why not our armor?

Edited by Dagger Exonar

There are, of course two ways to go about this.

One: We have someone develop the sculpties outside of the group (Which, in a sense we tried already).

Two: We have a focused effort inside the group to reformat and refine our current gear and equipment to be more uniform and match standards, which also provides the most opportune and ideal time to rewrite rules or make modifications to existing ones, about armor modifications and adjustments.