Guest Afevis

>Xbox One is announced

>Worse specs then PS4

>Obvious knockoff

>Meanwhile

1369163277-clip-37kb.png

Edited by Afevis
tagged

The stocks pretty much sum it up. Completely underwhelming, especially since the only game they showed wasn't even platform exclusive. They're making the same mistake that Sony did with the PS3, only the One isn't even comparable to a decent gaming rig on the market today.

Looks like they are trying to make it match up to the Metro theme they will most undoubtedly use in the UI. Not sure why anyone would expect much from any of them. Super awesome hardware that will be last gen by the time it arrives.

And like every Sony release, I'll wait until the second generation PS4 to reap the rewards of cheaper price, smaller form factor, and fewer problems.

PC 4 Lyf

Eh, the specs aren't that much worse than the PS4 though, but considering how bad the PS4 already is, yeah. Just made it a bar lower. Sure, the games WILL run on it, but they will have to down the settings so much to run it smoothly. Eh, just sad. Next gen console that is barely enough to run current games?

What I find funny, if I remember correct, the PS4 holds an AMD processor, whilst Xbox One holds ATI Xenos graphics card. Talk about playing both fields!

Edited by Achtas

Very Disappointed...

Two reasons: Hardware is inferior to PS4. This one is already bad news.

Second reason: It's not gamer-centric... It's supposed to be a Game Console, not a cable box.

So Very disappointed... All i have to say.

I'm definitively getting a PS4. A few exclusives are no reason to buy a Xbox One.

The Major points of the reveal were Halo tv Series announcent, then again this is NOT related to the console... And Call of Duty Dog... Seriously, the Dog was more exciting then the whole reveal all together.

Edited by Dagurath

So did i.

But comparing Ps3 to Ps2 is ... wrong.

On a side note: It's Metal Gear Solid... Nothing to argument there.

A PS3 had MUCH better graphics and great exclusives.

The Xbox One has NO ADVANTAGE what so ever compared to ANY OTHER console. And just a few exclusives won't be worth it.

And i disagree with the 'next gen' quote you made Cyphre. At least the PS4 is a upgrade of the PS3. It's a PS with PC capabilities that will run even smoother and with better graphics + particles. And if that is not enough reason to buy it, the exclusives already announced should be.

inFamous: The Second son, Killzone Shadow Fall... Destiny!

Resuming - A few exclusives are NOT worth to buy a Xbox One. Yes a few exclusives are WORTH to buying a NEXT GEN console. After all it's not just about the machine, it's about the stories and gameplay they will allow us to experience. But the XboxOne is just plain ridiculous.  There's almost to NONE improvement on the hardware besides Kinect 2 and multi-tasking.

IMO of course.

Edited by Dagurath

It's supposed to be a Game Console, not a cable box.

I think my VCR from the year of 1986.... 7? had more design style than this.

Either way we can only hope that they have some kind of absolutely INSANE optimization going on there.

Actually, yes, Microsoft has mentioned they intend to use considerable optimization and milk every last drop of performance out of it. It's one of the advantages any console has over a PC, you can program for a specific set of system components and push them to their limits without having to worry about compatibility, etc for different and sometimes random parts. Each console is practically identical, aside from something like a hard drive. 

Having watched the whole news reel, and then reading MS's press release, I'm actually interested in seeing how they will continue to attempt to consolidate different devices in the living room into a single device. I think it's cool, frankly. I for one, am tired of having to rent out a cable box to my cable company, and if I can use my Xbox One to reduce my digital cable bill, you bet your ass I will consider it simply for that, ignoring the other uses I get out of the console. The new Kinect sensor is a considerable leap forward, as well, and should be much more useful in games than the old one was, especially since it can now detect more subtle motions like the rotation of your forearm and wrist, you could twist a knob in a virtual cockpit or flip a light switch in a room.

I'd also point out, Sony's explanation of their new system was considerably more light on details and specifics, revealing, in essence, only a controller. A nifty looking one, mind you, but it was a bit of a let down. I look forward to seeing what Sony will bring to the table at E3, so we can get a more solid idea of what the next gen systems will really look like, side by side.

I'm excited to see what sort of titles they (Xbox) bring to release, besides Forza, CoD, and EA Sports. Those are their "wide market" appeal games, the games a majority of users get and use and expect yearly installments for. Hardcore gamers I think, will be reserving judgement until more details about the new Xbox LIVE service, more hardcore games are released, and third-party examinations of the console side-by-side with the PS4 go. After all, I'd hate to jump the gun or make snap judgments on a single press event.

That'd be silly.

Edited by Agares Tretiak

Actually, the Ps4 revealed 95% of the Hardware specs except the HD and GPU details. Even then we already have details on the GPUs of both consoles. There is nothing else for Sony to reveal but the PS4 design and more games... And that's all really.

That's why everyone was so pissed because they KNOW that the PS4 win on specs and MS didn't even TRY. That is a fact.

Specs comparison

http://bgr.com/2013/05/22/xbox-one-vs-playstation-4-specs/

No matter how much optimization the Xbox One has, its GPU AND RAM ain't as powerful as the PS4 and as games become more complex and demanding the Xbox One will fall behind eventually...

What will 'save' MS here is the things they focused obviously = TV, Kinect and sports AND the games... They have to be GREAT games. Also - Let it be known : The Cable TV on Xbox One won't work for ALL regions. So in a global point of view, it's the same as not having it.

I LOVE the idea of having all medias controlled by one simple device and the Kinect 2.0... But it was a terrible idea to change the focus from a Gaming console to a Media one.

If XBOX was trying to "milk performance" out of it, they wouldnt be dedicating 3 of the 8 GB of DDR3 to OS on a constant basis. (confirmed by Microsoft)

XBOX one is largely neglecting is core gamer market.

from an article:

From Microsoft’s mouth, we know that the Xbox One (formerly known as the Xbox 720) has an 8-core AMD CPU with 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 500GB hard drive, HDMI in/out, USB 3.0, and Gigabit Ethernet. For more detailed specs, we must look towards the latest info from the games development sector, which has been programming Xbox One games since last year and thus has intimate knowledge of the hardware. The latest leaks suggest that the Xbox One will have an 8-core 64-bit x86 Jaguar AMD CPU @ 1.6GHz, coupled with a GPU that’s 

very close to the Radeon HD 7790. The Xbox One will have 68GB/sec of bandwidth between the CPU/GPU and RAM, the GPU will have 102GB/s of bandwidth to a local 32MB SRAM cache, and another 30GB/s of bandwidth to gamepads, Kinect, and other peripherals.
xbox-720-hardware-ports-640x360.jpg

Xbox One hardware diagram. Note the ports on the back.

The PS4, in comparison, has an 8-core Jaguar AMD CPU, with a GPU that’s around the same level as the Radeon 7870 (which is significantly more powerful than the 7790). The PS4 has 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, providing 176GB/s of bandwidth to both the CPU and GPU. The Xbox One mostly ameliorates this difference with 32MB of high-speed SRAM on the GPU, but it will be a more complex architecture to take advantage of.