Clicky

Guest Afevis

Console: XBox One

Raw power wise, the PS4 wins...but Sony has also been notorious for how difficult it can be to develop on their consoles. I'm still going to hold out and see for actual side by side demonstrations of both systems on games before I make a judgement on the matter.

It is basically a pc so it should not be very hard to make games on it.

The PS4's actually earned a few accolades for being so much easier to develop for compared to the PS2 and PS3.

The XBox One on the other hand is just a... PC with 8 gigs. Most mid-high end computers today already have similar, if not superior specs. It's going to be out dated technically within less then a year of its release.

The part which really chafed me about their demonstration was that they revealled absolutely nothing exclusive beyond Forza and early-bird access to Call of Duty DLC. Sony was able to reply with "well, our exclusive racing game is getting its own sequel" the day after. If you're looking for good exclusives, aside from the Halo series the XBox One (that name is so stupid) has virtually nothing, whereas it's assured the PS4 will have a new Drake's Fortune, God of War, Killzone, Little Big Planet, Metal Gear V, and so on and so forth.

Microsoft is making the same mistake Sony made with the PS3's launch, only this time around they don't have something like Blu Ray licensing fees or a format war to win. With the used license fee and all of the other malarkey, I can't help but think this XBox is going to be a tremendous flop.

Edited by Kellervo

Raw power wise, the PS4 wins...but Sony has also been notorious for how difficult it can be to develop on their consoles. I'm still going to hold out and see for actual side by side demonstrations of both systems on games before I make a judgement on the matter.

Not sure if we saw the SAME conference but according to Sony (they could be lying of course) their new console is Developer Focused. They basically made a PC and everything they could to make this console to be developer friendly AND INDIE friendly as well!

Besides that, i make Keller's words my own. It's precisely that.

ALso be advised - I respect your decision to wait, Agares. I'm not trying to say you're wrong or stupid for it. It is a GOOD and Safe decision to do so and keep a open mind, i praise you for it. I'm just making sure that (If true) the facts are clear on that matter.

So yeah... Come E3 and let's see if Xbox One (This is very stupid name indeed) has something to offer to GAMERS. Because i'm pretty sure that Ps4 will have even more games and exclusives to show ... And i have a feeling the PS4 design will be much better then the Xbox.

Hey, at least the Xbox One has upgraded it's nickname from 'Sexbox' to 'Xbone'. Think this should be mentioned a few times, definitely a worthy upgrade.

But either way hoping to see some awesome optimization from the Xbox side. Sure, the specs speak for itself and I am a bit skeptical, but only time will tell how they manage to play it out. You can have all the hardware in the world but if it does not have the software to back it up, then yeah.

I really hope they don't fall in the can with the  'Every PC, console and handheld device running on the same OS' dream.

Then again... WE should have seen this coming... First Window 8 - Which is a horrible OS for gaming (or pretty much anything but social and basic media).

Not true, Win8 is probably the fastest OS i've used to run games. I've not had one problem yet.

While it is 'faster' it also offers more incompatibility issues. Well i haven't tried for myself but from what i read out there from several sources... it is very sad.

Also gotta take in mind that Win8 was created with phones and social media in mind. Just like Xbox One ...

Of course it's faster, it has better programing and etc. But there are several games out there which offer barely to almost NO support to win8 at all.

Then again, i haven't tried it for myself.

Guest Afevis

While it is 'faster' it also offers more incompatibility issues.

I've had 0 issues with it outside of a single issue with a game from 1996 (which I was easily able to fix by running as admin.)

Well i haven't tried for myself but from what i read out there from several sources

Well i haven't tried for myself

Try it for yourself before you knock it.

But there are several games out there which offer barely to almost NO support to win8 at all.

Which games?

Win8 discussion kinda was a derail, but I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised with it. I think I prefer Win7 and the classic start-menu style but in general win8 has been extremely easy to navigate and install programs with.

XBOX ONE has been difficult to make games for because the system dedicates 3GB to OS on a constant basis, so that way when you rage quit you can shout "WATCH TV" and close your game real fast and sparing you the task of pressing a short button sequence (middle button, quit game, yes) to leave it. Leaving the developers only 5GB to work with. Meaning its not really up to the task that a lot of developers want to push for nex-gen games.

Granted, they have expressed they wanted to save the in-depth discussion of games at E3. "Letting Destiny speak for itself". Which, to me, really means they only have Destiny as a game worth mentioning. Nobody gives a shit about sports really, and will probably wait out the one year EA is doing sports for ONE exclusively if they want a new sports game THAT bad. Everything else mentioning is non-exclusive and will look better on any other platform than the Wii-U. 

The big problem is that Destiny isn't an exclusive either. It's going to be on both PlayStations and possibly on PC as well.

This would be like if Sony decided to focus their advertisement on Mass Effect or Bioshock. Big name games? Yes. Exclusive? No.

If that's all Microsoft has to flaunt the XBox One, they are in huge trouble.

Kinda quoting TB here (actually, a lot), but, this may be true and is pretty logical: when Microsoft realized they couldn't beat the PS4 with what they had (like, noone expected the PS4 to come out with 8GB of DDR5 ram), they gave up and tried to aim for other things. They sort of gave up on competing with Sony and are aiming to compete with Apple for the "control" of the living room. Thing is, they don't realize who they are marketing this to, like the conference they had: people there didn't want to hear about the social media, they wanted to hear about the games, about the potential of the console in relation to GAMES, not about how you will be able to use skype while playing or how you will be able to yell at your TV (have got to remember that the voice detection can and will cause problems).

In my opinion, Microsoft don't really know what they want to do: focus more on the family and interaction which generates less money per copy, but more copies, or on the gamers, which generates less copies, but more money. In the end: if they keep on with this, they are going to have problems, HUGE problems. (Also keep in mind that my opinion pretty much means nothing because I am just saying things about what I have heard, I shall keep my mind open and see what comes out of this.)