Clicky

Xoza

Star Wars Galaxies (Emu)

Star Wars Galaxies Adventure  

20 members have voted

1. 1. If we were to build an city, what planet would you choose?

2. 2. What would you master? (Yep, this is what Galaxies is, usually 2-3 can be mastered)

• Architect (Artisan)
    • Armorsmith (Artisan)
    • Bio-Engineer (Scout-Medic)
    • Bounty Hunter (Scout-Marksman)
    • Carboneer (Marksman)
    • Chef (Artisan)
    • Combat Medic (Medic-Marksman)
    • Commando (Brawler-Marksman)
    • Creature Handler (Scout)
    • Dancer (Entertainer)
    • Doctor (Medic)
    • Droid Engineer (Artisan)
    • Fencer (Brawler)
    • Image Designer (Entertainer)
    • Merchant (Artisan)
    • Musician (Entertainer)
    • Pikeman (Brawler)
    • Pistoleer (Marksman)
    • Ranger (Scout)
    • Rifleman (Marksman)
    • Shipwright (Artisan)
    • Smuggler (Brawler-Marksman)
    • Squad Leader (Scout-Marksman)
    • Swordsman (Brawler)
    • Tailor (Artisan)
    • Teras Kasi Artist (Brawler)
    • Weaponsmith (Artisan)

Little thing I drop into most my profiles...

\#FEE11A\Me:\#. (Tailor/Architect)

\#FEE11A\Gender:\#. Male

\#FEE11A\Planet:\#. Talus

\#FEE11A\City:\#. Chronus

\#FEE11A\Guild:\#. <OI> The Ordo Imperialis

\#FEE11A\Community:\#. The Ordo Imperialis

\#FEE11A\Website:\#. OrdoImperialis.com

\#FEE11A\History:\#. Ahazi, Defense Jedi

\#FEE11A\Main:\#. Xoza (Melee Tank)

\#FEE11A\Alt:\#. Amethyzta (Entertainer)

\#FEE11A\Alt:\#. Xobacca (Ranger/BioEng)

http://galaxyharvester.net

If you wanna craft and do it proper with the best ressources available, this page is mandatory to use, at least in my opinion. Its a player made site with lists of all the current ressource spawns, their specific stats and for some of them waypoints to spawn locations. If you register on the site you can set alarms for specific ressources and youll get an email if someone adds a new rerrource spawn (even with specific stats) You can even list ressources by schematics and it´ll show you a list of the current server best and the all time best, to compare. It also shows you links to all subcomponents and even the xp youll get on crafting these. I would also recommend this for non-crafters, if you dont need to run chars while being afk, such as entertainers or so, create an artisan alt (or 2 since you can log 2 chars at once) keep an eye on the current ressouces, and hand-sample them over night or while being afk. You can pass them to your fellow guildcrafters, keep them for coming crafters or just sell them.

It also lists all type of creature harvesting ressources, so if you are grinding scout/ranger you can check if there is currently some nice meat, for example the nabooian carnivore meat has quite decent stats on it, so im killing narglatchs and store the meat...

So if you are into supply you this awesome site. DO IT!

Harvesting Alts

For our future endeavors we will need lots and lots of ressources. There are basicly three ways to get them in game, set up harvesters, buy them from other players and "hand-sample" them. Deadmon and a few others that have clue about it taking care about harvesters, buying stuff should be our last ressourt since ressource are often not exactly cheap. But setting up some alts to handsample stuff can be easily done by everyone. You can run 2 characters at the same time, so you can run one toon always on a nice ressource spawn and here is how:

Creation:

Race doesnt really made, except you do anything else with this toon. You might wanna give him a name that starts with a letter that higher or lower in the alphabet than your current character names, it is recommended to run a softlog macro when you are afk for a longer time. Those softlog macros log your char as and then log in the char in top of your character selection, you can sort that list by name and planet. I.e my preious chars start with I, M and U, so i shouldnt create a char starting with a letter between I and U in order to get him on top of my char selection list.

Choose Artisan as your profession.

Before you move your char to the starting planet migrate his stats, you can do that for free and on your own before youve select your starting planet. Set Action, Stamina and Quickness to the highest possible and divide the remaining points between Mind and Willpower.

Now select any planet and start off

Gear:

Youll need one of each survey tool: Mineral, Chemical, Wind Current, Flora, Ambient Solar, Gas Pocket and Water Survey.

They are really cheap on the market or you ask in guild for them, every artisan can make em and they only need little ressources.

You wont need Survey SEA, their purpose is to increase your survey range and since most of time you go to a specified waypoint you wont need to search for spawns on your own.

Sampling:

Quite simple, first bring your toon to a specified waypoint, ask in guild-chat for that. Use the proper survey tool, go to the spot the tools gives you and start your macro. Sit there and tab over the toon you are actually grinding

Macros:

You gonna need 2 macros: One to survey and bypass those "survey-events" and one to softlog every now and then to not get desync, that important since sometimes there are really a lot of players on ressource spawns.

Sample   <--name of the macro

/sample;

/pause 25;

/macro sample;  <-- will loop the macro

Softlog    <--Name of the macro

/ui action gameMenuActivate;    <---opens the "disconnect, exit the game,..." window

/pause 2;                                  

/ui action defaultButton;  <---presses Enter to bring you to the char selections

/pause 1

/ui action defaultButton;  <---logs you back in

/pause 1200;     <--- gives you 20 minutes to sample

/macro softlog;   <----loops the macro

Before you start your macro be sure your harvest alt is on top of your character list.

So now get your toon started, as ive said we need ressources, not to become personally rich, neithe Deadmon nor me or anybody else will use the guildressources to get rich, but to provide you some decent service, such as free premium buffs, houses,...

Right now the servers best Fiberplast ever is in spawn, its needed for buffs and stims, everybody will need it, but i see only the chars of 2 members at the spawn.

So do your share! We are a Guild in a MMORPG and not in Skyrim!

Bothan has a great bonus to action. You can grind entertainer and sampling without running out of action.

agreed on bothan as harester, though humans work as well. Disagree on Bothans as entertainers...dude, seriously? you wanna watch a Bothan female dance? ;) Besides that its only for the grind where you need flourishes and i wouldnt make an ugly entertainer just to grind a bit faster, just keep in mind that you will spend less time grinding than actually playing a char (dont care for other classes looks, comp helm is comp helm).

Just my 2 cents.

And btw, we dont we have a sub-forum for swg? Kinda sucks to put everything in one thread...

We really need to kick up the recruiting, there's a lot of unguilded neutral and imperial's out there... Now keep in mind they all may be alts of someone else you may have already attempted to recruit, so don't send same messages and try to make a name for yourself and us in any way you can. Aim to recruit at least one person a day. I have a free house and speeder for any of them. Our focus is PvE and PvP. We've got a lot of years and a lot of experience behind us. Lets do this!

We really need to kick up the recruiting, there's a lot of unguilded neutral and imperial's out there... Now keep in mind they all may be alts of someone else you may have already attempted to recruit, so don't send same messages and try to make a name for yourself and us in any way you can. Aim to recruit at least one person a day. I have a free house and speeder for any of them. Our focus is PvE and PvP. We've got a lot of years and a lot of experience behind us. Lets do this!

tbh right now i would suggest more guild events and general "training" (for the lack of a better word).

The krayt hunt we did the day before yesterday showed me that we really need to work on ourselves before we should actually recruit lots of people.

I mean there were so many fails, ranged from the lack of general organisation to personal knowledge, that really could or might say will turn new members off after participating in a event like that. I dont even wanna get started on details here its just too much of thebasics missing that are require to be a great pve guild, not even talking about pvp.

I'd planned to check in this week, but haven't had much time too. :/ I apologize for my lack appearance there. I'm still very active with the community as a whole and really enjoyed our adventure in SWG and meeting new people like yourself. I would gladly help rebuild our city (maybe on dant this time?), but while I can pop in and help out, I would not be able to dedicate what's needed to be mayor or PA leader, so the keys are available to anyone interested. It would be your chapter to run how you see fit and we would be here to support you in any way possible.

I don't think I would have the time to be mayor and as most people play in US time zones I would not be on at the right times, but I would happily play militia in the city to grant zoning and help populate it if we rebuild. and Yerp Dant is a pretty planet