Clicky

Xoza

DC Universe Online

DC Universe Online  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Of what alliance should the Ordo Imperialis join?

• Heroes
    • Villains

gameLogo.png

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Nf-m6WGl4

DC Universe Online

Since SoE is offering their full round of games now for one flat fee, I figured it'd be time to present this as an option. While it's not City of Heroes, a legendary game that I would have loved to have a chapter in, it's still a pretty good, action packed, powerful feeling kind of game. I don't know everything yet about the game, even I'm still learning some things, but I play it every now and again, It's also free to play in good amount, it doesn't feel F2P. I have a max level on both sides, of which are not hard to acquire (took me a week or so, casual playtime), its largely endgame gear, on duty missions ('dungeons') and events that make the game. You're free to look how you want, its got housing and bases and plenty of cool things to do. It is different than your average MMO, but I think it's fun. You can get it on steam too.

Mentors (hero/villan)

• Superman / Lex Luther (meta powers)
  • Wonder Woman / Circe (magic)
  • Batman / Joker (tech)

Powers (all of them can DPS, but each one has specific roles they can fill as well)

• Control (restoring group power and locking down enemies)
    • Gadgets
    • Mental
    • Light
    • Quantum
  • Healing (healing, duh)
    • Celestial
    • Electricity
    • Nature
    • Sorcery
  • Tank (tanking that damage & being a distraction)
    • Earth
    • Fire
    • Ice
    • Rage
  • Movement (your travel power at level 1)
    • Acrobatics
    • Flight
    • Superspeed

Weapons (combos with your mouse buttons)

• Bow
  • Brawling
  • Dual Pistol
  • Dual Wield
  • Hand Blast
  • Martial Arts
  • One-Handed
  • Rifle
  • Staff
  • Two-Handed
  • Shield

Aw, everyone wants to be a baddie.

Also you might want to note powers etc that are not included in free to play. I'm not sure if they are part of their DLC packs or what but I know some things weren't accessible when I first tried it before SOE all access started.

Edited by Odin047

Aw, everyone wants to be a baddie.

Also you might want to note powers etc that are not included in free to play. I'm not sure if they are part of their DLC packs or what but I know some things weren't accessible when I first tried it before SOE all access started.

They're in the link and you get access to all the DLC if you're sub. Other than that, the game is still enjoyable without the DLC power sets.

I have started a villain League on the PvE server (You can hop between both PvE and PvP servers, I believe most the PvP is done in shared instances between the two anyway. If the league doesn't cross also, I can make another on the PvP server if we need it). If you'd like an invite, I'll be on later tonight to send them! This isn't official yet, just testing the waters, gauging interest and getting our name in-game. I'll also stream some tonight so if you've not played it, but are curious, you can see what it's like.

I'm interested in playing this with you guys, but I use my villains to play with friends, and Heroes to play in Leagues and things like this, damn. 
I wanted to create a villain league with my friends lol

Any chance of having both a hero and villain league, instead of just staying limited to heroes?

(A bit of BG info: I've been playing DCUO for like, 2 or 3 years now, have 6 characters, 4 heroes, 2 villains, with 3 level 30s~. I'm not the best in this game, but I never have people to play with so yeah lol)

We have a villain league at the moment. No hero league yet but I've been asked by a few to make one so I'll probably do that tomorrow.

The league isn't super active at the moment. I've recruited a few, but not many have been online lately. Guild tools have been improved by a lot lately, we'll need 125k prestige for a guild hall, it took me a few hours to earn 1k (you get it by killing bosses and few various other things).

DCUo is enjoyable once you get it down and understand it, classes are very balanced, queuing is easy, dungeons and raids are a bit restrictive based on gear but great when you get into them, gear is a pain, but gets easier to get as you go. I'd like to write an introduction guide for the game when I get a chance.

In all the time of me playing DCUO off and on again, I've learned the recipe to success with this game: it literally comes directly down to playing with friends or groups. Back when I was in my first league, I played this game religiously. After they disbanded [randomly], and I lost touch with them all, I just kinda stopped playing. The social aspect of this game is actually top tier, with out even significantly trying to be- it's kinda just a fun hangout game, moreso than other games I've played.

As far as the introductory guide, I'd love to be able to help there if your interested. I've been playing since the third DLC, and I've played with most of the powersets and weapon types. I'd like to be able to contribute something to Ordo, since I never really have.

This is kinda cool... http://dcuolive.com/

Also, I've been spending quite a bit of time in DCU. Just really getting into and following some of the story, doing research on the references and characters. As far as I know, they have a lot of it really locked in. Additionally it can be tied into the TV series very well also. If you're a comic/hero/villain fan. DCUO makes you see some of these things with a different but understanding perspective.

As for the league, it's tough getting something going. There aren't very many that are interested in leagues, they're already in one, they don't stick around in the game very long or they all just don't seem very social (don't communicate or respond much). But I'll continue to spread the word about the community, whether we build something solid there or not.