Clicky

Faardor

[TOR] Faars Short guide to Draxus (8 man SM)

> Wave 0

No adds, Burn Draxus as much as you can. Around 80% is recommended. But i've seen him been brought down to 75-70% the more you can damage him before he jumps up the easier the future waves will be in terms of making him go up again.

> Wave 1

Just subteroths. Melee DPS need to watch out for when the subteroths are gonna die. Pop defenses if needed. Healers need to stand away a bit from their usual spot to avoid getting aoe'd by the subteroths

> Wave 2

Simple add wave, Right side needs to focus Dispatchers over subteroths.

> Wave 3

Establish a interrupt order for this one (since only 1 of the corruptors will spawn here on each side) Kill those first and then the rest.

> Wave 4

Focus draxus first then the Dismantlers and lastly the subteroths.

> Wave 5

Kill the adds in the back and then kill the ones on the side. Simple mechanics, ignore draxus for now. have the DPS on the left interrupt the left ones (or right ones if they are facing the adds) and the DPS on the right interrupt the right ones (or left ones if they are facing the adds)

Optional: put the off tank on one side of the and the highest health dps (preferably in heavy armor) on the other side so that the healers do not get lightning up their ass.

> Wave 6

Kill the adds in the back first (despoiler first since he heals but you want to make sure to interrupt the corruptor) and ignore the dismantlers for now (off tank try to take them)  After the adds in the back are dead DPS draxus and force him up.

> Wave 7

Kill the guardians and then the subteroths. Tanks try to take a guardian each although since they aggro switch a lot its not horrible if you lose aggro.

> Wave 8

Off tank needs to keep the despoiler away from the groups on the left and right. Try to keep the dispoiler in the southern part of the map without LOSing the healers. Set which dps interrupts left or right corruptors. have BOTH dps kill the right one first but make sure that the person on the left corruptor focus target him (alt+f)

> Wave 9

Put a ranged DPS on interrupt Duty, have him focus target the corruptor so he knows when its casted but have him DPS draxus in the mean time. EVERYONE else should be on draxus in this. After this focus on the adds in the back while the tanks take the guardians. (off tank might have to take both guardians for a wee bit while you all burst draxus)

Reference Sources

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-1q6nIMw_S4s/Uk64EXat7GI/AAAAAAAAAZY/IYrnPNbSAnY/w322-h647-no/Draxus.png

Personal experience to dictate the kill order. While some groups keep adds alive during specific phases I feel that costs way too much DPS. So making draxus primary target in one of the later wave groups not only saves you time it also gives you more DPS as a result.

Good guide. Logical, similar to what I've wanted to do, but been told it was wrong or that it's better another way.

Guide section is still pretty new. We'll get them fancied up and moved there.

Hey healers: during that first subteroth phase if you have issues pulling those little bastards don't forget your aggro dump.

One way I've seen the despoiler handled is just by ccing him until all the corrupters are down. That way you don't have to swap targets to watch the corrupter. I've just lifted him and that seems to work well since he hangs out in the middle of the room so aoes aren't an issue.

Note: This order might not work on HM 8 man. But this is how we did it on SM 8 Man on pub side once. The reason why you shouldn't leave an add up and focus draxus over other minions in other waves is simple: Any adds that the off tank takes can be brought to draxus and AOE'd down. Leaving an add up in the other phases cost too much time and in the phases I specified the adds are mobile (instead of the static shield adds I often see kept up. keeping them up sucks because that means that either 2 people are hitting him or 4 people are moving from their spots to the other side inside of a shield. Both are time consuming.)

Edited by Faardor

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.