Clicky

There seems to be some consistent activity on our server, we do have an Ordo Imperialis faction for our members (Nuzzy is the leader of it but I can modify that and invite you if needed.)

I try to keep it up and updated as often as possible, however there's nothing to tell me if it goes down or crashes for any reason and automating recovery has proved difficult (damn you cron!). PLEASE let me know if it needs an update or it's down for any reason...

Additionally, with the new changes to the game, the scripts have stopped working, however there's a new one in development that we are currently implimenting called "Shadow" that includes a bunch of great tools similar to the previous DTSD.

well I only have time to play on the weekends and got an invite from the Canadian space army. Since no one else from Ordo is on the server much I wont bother changing factions. This guy seems to be doing a good amount of work to his sector on the server well him and a friend of his. I did tell him that If Ordo became active on the server i would leave his faction but i would only take my ship(s). I will def let you know if i find anything wrong on the server.

I did read through this post and I have noticed that there are several ships in the catalog that are not the standard ships. Did you add some at some point ?

What were the scripts set up to do? 

i just tinker and mine that is mainly what i do when i am on the server.

AND long time no see to you all. I have missed being on base with you all.

So i may just take you up on that offer to put me in the Odo faction the 2 guys running this faction i am in are clowns and only out for them selfs. Let me know when would be a good time to meet up in game. ALSO i would love to have some ordo members join in on the fun and build up a good base of operations. If anyone is interested let me know. I usually just play on the weekends but i do pop in after work some nights to see whats about

Hey all. I've been away from Starmade for a few months. Came back to find some nice progress has been made with the game; rails and their new turrets, varied block mass, the HP system, etc.. Sadly my station is all equipped with the old turrets, and I apparently can't have both systems on the same entity, so I basically have to redo everything pretty much from scratch. Ah well.

I'm actually posting because the server is behaving very badly, putatively under 'heavy load', despite there being no one on and nothing happening. Is there some sort of reboot that can be done to rid the server of what ever dead weight it thinks it needs to do stuff with? Sadly I am pretty much null when it comes to understanding the intricacies of maintaining a server client. I have absolutely no idea what the issue is. All I can say is right now, I will get kicked from the server within a minute of logging in.

Thank you, that seems to have done the trick.

May I suggest perhaps some sort of script that auto-reboots the server every six hours or so, so if this sort of thing gets too severe, the server will deal with it on a schedule?

I spoke too soon. The server lasted maybe an hour before the same problems came up. It crashed shortly thereafter.

Edited by Panpiper

But then, it came back online within 5min.. I scripted them last night :), hopefully I did it right. Some of the issues though from what I'll looking over are the network, not the server itself.

I'll look it over though, it should be working fine. Firefox Breed owns our server at a data center and they may be doing some work.

Well all day yesterday and this morning, I'll get kicked within a few minutes of logging on. Logging on immediately afterwards is not possible, the log in will hang at some point. I do not know what the problem is. Usually I am the only one on when it happens.

Getting this for the last couple of days now:

Server: your client version is not allowed to connect.

Please download the correct version with the launcher

Client Version: 0.19361

Server Version: 0.0

The server has not yet updated to your version.

Please wait for the server to update and then try again.

(Sorry to be a pest.)

You're fine, this is the kind of communication that helps a lot to maintain these things.

Well, ok then... ;)

DisconnectException: You have been disconnected from the Server

(either connection problem or server crash)

ActualException: EOFException

Upon attempting to log in. Didn't even get to the load screen.

It's been over a week now, still can't log in. Is anyone else able to log in? Same error:

Getting this for the last couple of days now:

Server: your client version is not allowed to connect.

Please download the correct version with the launcher

Client Version: 0.19361

Server Version: 0.0

The server has not yet updated to your version.

Please wait for the server to update and then try again.

(Sorry to be a pest.)

That did the trick. I can log in now. Thank you.

If you do a wipe, can we be allowed a blueprint upload or two, even if temporarily? Or are we really meant to start from scratch, including ship builds?

I had spent days working on a turret concept leading up the the log in problems. I then continued that work, restarted in fact, in SP. Now, two weeks later when I can actually get on, all that is for naught really, given that we cannot upload. I do understand the utility of no uploads, it prevents people from simply importing stuff other people have labored over. What I don't really want to lose is designs 'I' have in fact labored over myself. (The uploads thing would be an issue so much I suppose, if I could have continued the work on the server.)

May I suggest if there is a server wipe, allow existing blueprints on the server to carry over. That would be for everyone. For me, could I request being able to import just one, just the turret I've spent forever tweaking now in SP to be just right? Or how about allowing blueprint imports for donations? That would be for everyone. There are a couple I would like to import, one I did not build and could not build on my own.

By the way, I just heard that the lag issue caused by AI turrets has been fixed in the latest dev build.

Edited by Panpiper

It would only reset the galaxy, players should still have their blueprints.

The reason being that there's a lot of mess around and a lot of damage. The galaxy is pretty torn apart in core areas. I want to wait though for a few more months, stations need to be updated with new rails and turrets and I'd like to actually get a good pirate threat built up.

I just built my first pirate. Wicked evil it is. ;-) People were talking about how hard it was for small ships to destroy one another with the new HP system. So I figured I would build a small ship myself to see. I went over my block budget a fair bit, initially intending to build something with 3000 blocks, but I figure 3700 is still close enough in the Isanth range. Then I pulled out a target of advanced armor blocks. It ripped through the target so fast I couldn't even measure the time it took, and that's while it had it's HP reserve! Small ships can still dish it out, if you build them right.

http://starmadedock.net/content/marauder.3220/

Edited by Panpiper

Okay, we'll schedule the wipe for Jan 1, 2016

Export any work you have that you want to keep. (Stations included, if you can't save stations, let me know).

I will personally upload any work you want to keep to the new clean server.