Clicky

Angelin01

Angelin's Dwarfy Fort

I don't wanna play this game anymore ... rename mine to Lanny.

Are you sure Kavia? :( We're just having fun...

ALSO, it could be a lot worse. You could be 78 years old and not enjoy any kind of wine, love hugging elves and having globin plushes.

Edited by Angelin01

Are you sure Kavia? :( We're just having fun...

ALSO, it could be a lot worse. You could be 78 years old and not enjoy any kind of wine, love hugging elves and having globin plushes.

I know it's all in fun but i feel bad Lanny doesn't have one and well .... he can just be head medical dwarf! or ... something.

I know it's all in fun but i feel bad Lanny doesn't have one and well .... he can just be head medical dwarf! or ... something.

Kavia.... I have like 40 free dwarves with no names. DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT THAT. Also, I'm giving him the chief medical dwarf if you want...

Entry 4: More of everything

I started this session by naming two dwarves. One, Achtai, on Xoza's request and Lanny, who got to be Chief Medical Dwarf because Kavia didn't want it (you are still maried to Keller, Kavia).

Can I get more names please?

Anyway, a couple minutes later, another strange mood! This time, a child. And the little bastard request the WORST POSSIBLE MATERIAL EVER. Shells. It's really really really hard to get shells. Almost impossible actually, and only dwarves that like shells will request shells when they are struck by a mood.

iFZv3qv.png

Not surprisingly, I didn't meet the requirements. Fortunately, the little guy only went melancholic, so all he did was throw his cloths away and complain about how he would never, ever again do something like the project he had in mind.

I continued to smooth and engrave and make everything super pretty, because XOZA AND LEMONCOLA'S WIFE REALLY BADLY WANT SHINNY STUFF. I hate nobles... Have a look at what you made me do: It's all beautiful and engraved and.. ergh...

lNHCUFD.png

Actually, in that same picture, if you look on that room west of the engraved kitchen (tiles with white background are engraved), where most dwarves are at, you will see my barracks. I've gotta get that military going, otherwise things are going to get baaaad... really soon.

Anyway, finally done smoothing and engraving stone. Even did that to the graveyard and hospital (Which I finished by the way. You have a place to work at now Lanny!).

Well, I thought it was time to start my steel production, finally. So... all I have to do, is open up the volcano. Who's the lucky winner... Nuzzy or Firefox?

FIREFOX!

jdPzSLa.png

And (s)he was carrying a baby! His(her) baby! I was going to feel really bad about that... because on my first try, I tried just digging from the side, and the liquid pressure just poured the lava onto him. I feel like the gods were watching over Firefox, because the game crashed a couple seconds after that. I loaded up the save and this time did it correctly, channeling from above. Firefox did his job, both (the baby included, of course) are safe and the magma chamber for the forges is filling up.

1FBUpm0.png

Woot! everything went alright. Time to close the ga-- What? MIGRANTS? BUT I JUST GOT SOME AND FINISHED THE BEDROOMS! NOT THE MIGRANTS!!! NOT LIKE THIS!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

PqDwjXC.png

Entry 5: Time rewards, but takes it's toll

This session started slow. I decided to engrave the rest of the bedrooms and start a second barracks for some archers. Nothing happened for a couple minutes, and that migrant wave I was scared of was small, so no big deal.

4fJJXaj.png

Finally got my smelters and forges built, so we are ready to start the smelting! I realized it took way longer than it should have for me to make those.

ZDcnTTK.png

Right to the left of that main corridor, I dug a little room for stockpiling (not shown on the picture) things like Iron Bars, Pig Iron Bars, Steel Bars, Hematite, Charcoal, Marble (it's the only type of flux stone I have) and other little things. My dwarves have A LOT of hauling to do, specially because they need to bring that marble up from the tunnels down below.

Progress was made, but time takes it's toll.

First, one of our animals was found dead, I had no idea what did it, but I had my suspicions.

Right after that, a moment of pure sadness, a child's death. Remember that child that went melancholic? Depression made him not want to eat or drink, leading to his death.

Not a minute later, my suspicions were confirmed. A wild animal, a polar bear, was the one that killed my animal. He now attack a dwarf. It was grim, the corpse was mutilated. I shall not go into further detail. I prepared more room in the graveyard.

TwZbMiI.pngPurple notifications are bad notifications. I think you can guess why.

Nothing interesting happened for a couple minutes. Then Xoza demanded the production of bolts! You really love your bolts don't you Xoza?

uOsMLXm.png

I guess it's for the best. I need to prepare my archers, that's why I also ordered my dwarves to make some leather armor for them. Steel armor for the other dwarves on the military will come as soon as I get steel.

More to come soon.

Edited by Angelin01

So, I've had people tell me looking at the game is confusing. I do not blame you. Unfortunately, I am really bad at explaining this, therefore I shall point you to this video:

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxi1A8Z9KVU

I contains a tiny little bit of crude humor, but should be fine for everyone.

That version of the game is outdated though. So some things will look different, for example: trees gained actual size and are no longer represented by a Spade, but instead the trunk is represented by an O and maybe the branchs by a _ or an -.

The video doesn't explain everything, but if you think you can exercise your imagination a bit more, great!

If you feel like you'll still be super confused, I would like to know. How many would prefer me to use a tileset and ruin the games art so that you can understand it better?

Entry 6: Deja Vu

Well, I haven't done one of these in a bit. Not a lot of free time. Anyway, got entry 6 done, so here it is:

I started playing, trying to remember what I was doing and how I was doing. Ended up checking my last entry to figure it out. Anyway, about 10 seconds after unpausing the game, Xoza demanded that NO BOLTS SHOULD LEAVE THE FORT! Xoza... really? We had just finished making those bolts you asked for!

Vfj8T5i.png

A little bit later, Xevrand got possessed! He claimed a craftdwarf's workshop and, after grabbing some things, started to mutter Bisekumer and worked non stop. We'll see what comes out of it.

iiRy4E3.png

One thing that I was doing was search for a cavern. Normally, you just dig down and you find them with ease. Why would I be looking for a cavern that could contain all sorts of nasty beasts and stuff that wants to kill me? Water. The first cavern layer is usually pretty tame, and I need water for emergencies, which can be easily found in caverns. Dwarves can drink ale and beer non stop, and that's fine, but if one gets injured, they'll only take water. And I'm on a frozen biome all year long. Initially, I thought I missed the cavern digging down. Then I dug another tunnel a bit to the side, and another one... I'm starting to think I don't have a cavern layer... this could become a really big problem later on.

Remember all that steel I was talking about? The first bars started to pop up!

mxlTvau.png

Making steel is a difficult proccess. First, you need some type of iron ore. Smelting hematite gives you 4 bars of iron. Then, you need to make pig iron bars. For that, you need 1 iron bar, 1 flux stone and 1 unit of fuel for the carbon. You also need fuel to power the forge, but I have magma, so it's all good. That yields 1 pig iron bar. After that, to make the steel, you need 1 iron bar, 1 pig iron bar, 1 unit of flux stone, 1 unit of fuel, again for the carbon, fuel for the forge(magma) and that produces 2 bars of steel! Yes, annoying proccess. In the end, steel is just iron with the right amount of carbon on it.

Xevrand finished his project! It turned out to be a tetrahedrite amulet! Here's what it reads:

V2TWBHm.png

As I was ready to stop, babies! Lots of them! AGAIN! THEY DON'T STOP COMING!! Don't ask me, never experienced this in any other fort.

uqPqbrx.png