Clicky

AxaraBlue

[TOR] OPs 101 According to Xevrand

Operation 101

• Introduction to Roles

• Tank

• A tank (also known as a meat shield) is a style of character in gaming, often associated with a character class. A common convention in real-time strategy games, role-playing games, Fighting Games and MMOs, tanks redirect enemy attacks or attention toward themselves in order to protect other characters or units. Since this role often requires them to suffer large amounts of damage, they rely on large amounts of vitality or armor, healing by other party members, evasiveness and misdirection, or self regeneration.

• DPS

• Damage dealers, as the name implies, are players who are responsible for dealing damage in the group. It is almost always abbreviated as DPS (Damage per second) or DPSer in-game. All classes have a DPS tree they can spec into also if you are in the right gear. Their importance should not be neglected because without reasonable DPS it may take a long time to kill the mobs and enrage bosses. The difference between good DPS and bad DPS is the most obviously seen in encounters where the mobs must be killed within a certain time for various reasons.

• Healer

• A healer is a type of character class in video gaming. When a game includes a health game mechanic and multiple classes, often one of the classes will be designed around the restoration of allies' health, known as healing, in order to delay or prevent their defeat. Such a class can be referred to as a healer. In addition to healing, healer classes are sometimes associated with buffs to assist allies in other ways, and nukes to contribute to the offense when healing is unnecessary.

• Purpose of each role in our Operations

• Tanks

• To maintain and hold aggro of enemy groups, or operation bosses/flashpoint bosses.

• Rotation/taunt stacking. Continue to grab the threat of all the mobs to keep them focused on you as tanks at all times, and doing what is needed to hold the groups until you are out of combat with the mobs/bosses.

• Bubbling

• Bubble your highest DPS at all times, they will be the ones that will more than likely generate threat at a higher rate without the use of  taunts. When using a bubble on your highest DPS, you prevent them from generating a lot of threat, and can protect them from some damage as it is mitigated to the one who is providing the bubble.

• Defensive Cooldowns

• Keep these ready and handy at all times, in order to keep yourself alive during the fights, this will keep it easier on your healers. Only pop when it is absolutely necessary or asked by your healers.

• DPS

• Continuously beating on the boss/mobs at a steady pace, as quickly as possible.

• Knowing your role as a DPS, and knowing the fights as you go into it when you are doing your job as a DPS for each phase of the fights.

• Aggro dumps, know what they are, and you are required to use them. If you are pulling from a boss or group, use your aggro dump and wait for 3-5 seconds before attacking again. This isn’t a request.

• Healer

• Knowing who the highest DPS is

• Usually it is the tanks looking to their healers to know who will more than likely pull the most threat, so that the healers can inform the tanks on whom to bubble.

• Keeping the group alive

• Simple and straightforward, using the abilities you need to keep the group at all times. There are also certain jobs a healer must do during certain boss fights, and to know their roles.

• Cleansing

• Know your cleanse, and when it needs to be used.

• Operation Rules

• Know who the leader and lieutenant are of all operations

• These are the ones who will be assigning certain tanks/DPS/heals to perform certain tasks on any bosses or groups at all if necessary.

• If you know a fight or a certain mechanic, speak up, but it is ultimately up to the operation leader/lieutenant on how it will be done. You can ask for clarification after the fight, as to why it was done the way it was.

• Communication

• Communication is imperative in all operations, usually between the tanks and the healers. Communication should always be kept to a minimum when it is absolutely not necessary. Keep all conversations between breaks (IF ANY WILL BE TAKEN) and before or after operations.

• Interrupts

• When told to have something ready to be interrupted, know what you ability is, and be ready to use it.

• Three Strike System

• Strike One

• Informal Warning (will be kept in whispers on what is being done and how it can be corrected.)

• Strike Two

• Verbal / Written Warning (Everyone will be 'made aware' of the issue, so they can 'assist' in correction.)

• Strike Three

• Kicked (You will be replaced, no questions asked, no whining.)

• Parsing

• Progression

• Absolutely required. We are now using Starparse instead of ParSec, no arguments necessary. Information for the raiding groups will be given in teamspeak

• Other Operations

• Not necessary, but some may or may not be using it either way.

• When asked to see your parse

• Just let us know, so we can see what it is, what your rotation is and how we can possibly improve it. We have several people who know classes, and as a group we will help you together.

• Teamspeak

• It is required that you have teamspeak installed and be willing to at least be in it to listen. You are not required to have a microphone to speak but we do require you to be able to hear the instructions that are being given to you via TS. If you do not have teamspeak then you will not be able to partake in progression runs. End of story.

• Progression Group Summary:

• You will be asked to pick one character that will be your character that you run with. I have 19 characters but I will run with one in this prog group and the other 18 don’t mean anything when it comes to this. You will gear this one character and ONLY this one character in this prog run.

• If at any time you tire of a role but you wish to stay in a group you must come to an arrangement with another member of the team to switch out places. You must then inform the Progression Team leader so they can make the changes and see if things can continue the way they were going or ask you to wait until the group hits a certain point.

• All progression run groups will be set to Master Looter and we will do a /roll to see who will get the pieces that we need. When running the DF & DP HM runs if you do NOT need the set bonus then do not roll for the gear. I don’t care if 6 other toons need it you will not get it if you are showing a set bonus on the character you are on.

• I will ask people to sign up for these progression runs and ask you for your current gear list. I ask this so that i know where I need to start and the makeup of the team I can create. Pick one character that you feel comfortable with on Imperial side and on Republic side and stay with that character. I will also be making a list of people that can substitute in if one of our raid members cannot be available. If you wish to be on this list remember that you must be around during raid time in order to be chosen.

• Raid times: Sat will be Imperial runs and Sunday will be Republic runs. All runs will start no later than 4pm PST. It will run for 2 hours and then we are DONE. I don’t care how far we get into it. I don’t care if you want one more pull. At 2 hours we are done.

• Make sure you come with a positive attitude to try new things and also money in the pocket book. We are going to wipe because it happens in prog runs. It doesn’t mean that we suck or anything it means that we are learning how to do this OUR way.

• Prog runs are serious business but they can be fun. Let’s try and remember this. Just don’t let it get too out of hand as we are here to do a job. Less chatter more conquering the galaxy.

ORDO FOR GALACTIC DOMINATION!

Outline and Lecture by Xevrand. Posted by and Progression Group Information added by Kavia. Minor alterations made by Xoza.