Clicky

Reinhardt

Where did these cobwebs come from....

.. and why am I covered in them?

Reinhardt combat effective.

Oh the days of SL, raiding enemy sims and defending Titan. And all the training we did.
I was proud of all I achieved and all we were.  It has never faded.  I am Ordo for life, and I am proud of all I have earned with Ordo and all we became together, even if I am not active.
WELL its time to change that.  And be active again.

Requesting permission to return to the line.

Formerly rank E7, formerly Terra/Alpha Cohors/Evalidus, former command staff of Icarus, and then finally 33rd Legion/Tier 1, and moderately decorated (I still have an active list of all former achievements, awards, and education if any of it has bearing on present setup.)

My long term LOA/retirement was due to no longer playing anything in Ordo's roster.  For a long while, my gaming interests and Ordos did not match up.  It seems like that changed.  I WAS in the Ordo steam group, got booted one day randomly with no message as to why.

Currently active (again) in: Planetside 2 (server: Emerald. TR main/NC and VC alts), 

In the process of re-activating: SW:TOR (current server: Ebon Hawk.  60Jug/25Sin/11Mara.... I HAD a 60Guard.. oopse.)
Have played recently: STO (1 Fed, 1 Kling, 1 Fed-allied Rom, 1 Kling-allied Rom)
Trying to get my hands on: ARK
Have/used to play/inactive accounts: WoW (unknown server.  Belf DK tank I remember), Minecraft

Recommend for others to try:  Space Engineers, Europa Universalis IV, Banished, Kerbal Space Program

And yes I still have the TS info.. I have popped in occasionally over the past week just to lurk in the entrance.  Just a visitor/guest now.... how far I have fallen.

So how DOES one go about reintegrating into Ordo now?  I mean I'm used to the SL days... show up in sim.. get a little refresher training... prove I am still qualified for my Myrmidon title.. and get my happy ass to the front line untill someone calls for raid volunteers.

Basically the same thing. Just slap down and app if you actually left the Ordo, then bring your happy lil ass to TS, harrass the shit out of Xoza for giggles, say hi to everyone and we take it from there. LOL

In all seriousness tho just come to TS, hang out, say hi, play games and we'll sort the rank n what not out later. Just before Aryte left the ranking system got a complete and total overhaul, there's only 5 ranks now total (SG1 to SG5) and then Imperator. Think its up to Xoza and Afevis what rank ya get coming back (I started out as SG3 when I came back I think..) Either way, glad you're back. come hang out and give everyone a hard time.

Edited by Kishoshima Dragonash

Ya know.... Xoza is just one person I've never felt the need to harass.  I remember meeting him back on... Telos IV on SL.....he ended up on my skype list after one massive group call where I sat silently and lurked... yet we never spoke.  YOU on the other hand.... *grins with much mischief, sadism and evil intent*

OH aaaand I intend to get my other half into the Ordo.  She plays PS2 with me, and is the one trying to get me back into SWTOR which I have offered to pay for her character transfers to Begeren Colony if shes willing.

Edited by Reinhardt

Id say SWTOR and Wildstar are our most active chapters, but Planetside2 still pew pews from what Ive seen too. Would love to see it get to the size it once was and it could use some reliable infantry like you if I understand right. A few other games here and there but Kish is right in saying that hanging out in TS3 and just picking your poison is a good way to start.

Advantage is they are all free to play (well, Wildstar is going free to play here this coming month we suspect, no date yet but its confirmed to happen). 

PS2 is played by the so called "Planetside 2 crew". What we do is randomly play random games together at randomly specific times for no reason, listen to Gav complain about them and Calohar query why we are on the wrong channel. There's no telling if we will be playing Planetside 2 or anything else. (I've given up on PS2...)

Well I'll be playing PS2 semi frequent.  Probably an hour to 4 hours a day most days.  Then as soon as I can get money into it, SWTOR (reknew my account AND transfer to Begeren colony).... yes TR.  not NC like I played in Beta (which pissed some people in Ordo off at the time, at least assuming their mood according to some of the insults I recieved)

But yeah in SWTOR I need the account vurses free... my guy was in raid gear before Shadows of Revan hit... so still pretty decent now, BUT as a free account I dont have authorization to use the gear.  Was surprised I got through Shadows of Revan without ever upgrading.

@Xoza

I'm not dead yet.  Just been roaming the universe of games.  Settling on ESO when my btter-half is on with me (north american server, Ebonheart Pact for now.), or playing Europa Universalis IV by myself (1300 hours into this game and I'm still drooling over it)

Gave ARK: Survival Evolved a go.. really fun game.  Less of a heart attack than 7 Days to Die, less laggy than Space Engineers.
SWTOR....  I wanted to like the Expansion.  The story IS rather good, but the game play changes... I just couldnt endure.  A pity really.

19 minutes ago, Reinhardt said:

@Xoza

I'm not dead yet.  Just been roaming the universe of games.  Settling on ESO when my btter-half is on with me (north american server, Ebonheart Pact for now.), or playing Europa Universalis IV by myself (1300 hours into this game and I'm still drooling over it)

Gave ARK: Survival Evolved a go.. really fun game.  Less of a heart attack than 7 Days to Die, less laggy than Space Engineers.
SWTOR....  I wanted to like the Expansion.  The story IS rather good, but the game play changes... I just couldnt endure.  A pity really.

Don't play a whole lot of ESO anymore, but I still have it installed. We have a few people that REALLY love Europa also.

We have an ARK server and a few people playing.

What TOR game play changes..?

ESO has been rather nice compared to a lot of other MMOs.  Mature players (so long as you avoid Stonefalls zone chat), good guilds, interesting and often unique quests.  Definately +1 worthy.

Europa is definately a game for those who like the Civilization style game, although this one is definately FAR longer.  Especially with the mod from teh workshop that changes the start year to 2 AD, and lets it run untill 9999 AD.

ARK.. I never really could get my head into the dino taming/breeding.  Wasnt much for PVP.  But give me the materials to build and I'd go crazy, massive structures quickly, and often with  unique design features tailored to that specific build.  I was similar in 7 Days to Die.  Never really got good at zombie fighting, instead relying on a very good defensive build instead of any weapons.  Space Engineers I really could have gotten into, but the game got VERY stale playing by myself, or on the server I was using where I ended up alone anyways.

As for TOR.. it seems the things I dislike most about the changes, are what the programmers wanted as key features of the expansion; the level scaling for planets, the lack of anything unique about companions, the quick travel changes now allowing even easier travel to even more locations, and even a few of the story changes (good story, I just dont like the direction)
It just feels like this expansion didn't add to SWTOR... but remade SWTOR entirely into a new game.

Add in the fact that the SWTOR community, particularly main hub region chats, has appeared to be some of the most immature and asinine people I have seen in any MMO (Second only to WoW's Barrens chat before Cataclysm), well there is just very little to make me ever consider returning to it.

Really, ESO, STO, and LOTRO remain some of my favorite MMOs, possibly because the 3 of them are far closer to the ideal of an MMORPG than any others I've tried (only because I never got the joy of the SWG experience, and cannot manage to get my hands on the copy of the game that the emulator needs)