Clicky

acsayys

Epic Cooking/Food Recipes & Tips (A Gamer's Food Guide)

I figured this was a fun idea for a thread.  You guys can dump pictures, recipes, reviews, etc of things you find delicious or places in your area.   Think Ordo's version of Yelp haha.

l.jpg l.jpg

Swirl's from Aqui.  Industrial strength frozen margarita's blended with sangria or other fruit juices.  

10154328_10151985587976218_7275795763387

Korean/Mexican fusion short rib burrito from Mogo's Food Truck.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys post!

Now I'm hungry.. and I already ate!

When I get cooking, I'll have to post some pictures too! Today I just made a Banana, Apple, Strawberry, Orange Juice, Lemon Juice smoothy with extra ice. I guess the short name would be a heavy tropical smoothy?

Cocktail time!

rDf8Mr9.jpg?1

Blueberry and basil fizz.  Stay with me.  Fruit + herbs = magic.  It's refreshing and boozy and great for sipping on the dock in the summer.  Found the recipe here while looking for a raspberry lemon bar recipe.  Those are chilling in the fridge; I'll post pics tomorrow.

carne-asada-fries-anchorman-san-diego-re

I see your Poutine and raise you Carne Asada Fries!   Probably one of the best eats to come out of southern California.   The base ingredients are typically french fries, cheese, pico de gallo, sour scream, and guacamole topped with carne asada steak.   If you ever find yourselves in San Diego, this is a must!

Oh man, so much stuff! I would post random pictures too, but most of the stuff where I live actually comes from other cultures! Except for this one drink made with some very special ingredient.. but it doesn't LOOK awesome, just tastes awesome. Oh well, you don't get to see it then.

For all those starving gamers out there. Here's a thread dedicated to recipes and how to improve your game in the kitchen!

Post all your links and tips in their own thread (update the thread with new links or information) and post each recipe in it's own separate thread with a title to indicate separation.

I started cooking after watching a few shows with Gordon Ramsey and as I was looking for something that was affordable and quick to put together instead of the optional fast food. Cooking can be challenging but fun like gaming, especially when you have various equipment options that can improve speed and efficiency. I strolled around thrift stores and kept an eye out for appliance sales at a local markets to fill the necessities.

Now, let's get creating!

Zesty Chicken Meatloaf
(inspiration)

I acquired a lot of ground white chicken meat from somewhere and this is what I figured out to do with it.

• 1 lb Chicken (or more, ground)
  • 2 eggs (beaten)
  • 1 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs (3 slices of bread in a blender)
  • 3 tablespoons of Salsa (I added 1/2 cup instead)
  • 2 tablespoons Ranch
  • 1 package Taco Seasoning
  • 1/2 cup Cheddar (to top after baking)
  • Sour Cream (on the side)

1. Grease loaf or cake pan. (when it's all in, it should a minimum of 1 inch thick)
  2. Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
  3. Mix all the ingredients well except the cheese and sour cream in a large bowel. (Don't be afraid to make a mess or get dirty. Add flower if you want to thicken it up a little, I think I added no more than 1/4 cup).
  4. Transfer bowel contents into pan.
  5. Bake for 1 hour.
  6. Top with cheese.
  7. Serve sliced with tortillas, salsa and sour cream.

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

• 1 - 3 lb Roast
  • 5 nice sized Potatoes (chunked)
  • 2 cups of Carrots
  • 1 - 1 1/2 cups Mushrooms
  • 2 - 3 stalks of Celery (cut into chunks)
  • 32 oz Beef Broth
  • 1 cup sliced Onion
  • 1/4 cup Mexican Green Chilies
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Place all contents into slow cooker on high for 4-6 hours.
  2. ROAST temp should be 185 degrees when done,