Clicky

Xoza

PC Upgrade

It's about that time of year again... time to upgrade something. Every year, I upgrade something as I feel the need. I usually get a few things per year, rotating what parts are being upgraded, gradually just to keep my PC up to date in a semi-current generation.

This year I'm looking to update my motherboard and processor. I've decided I'll be going from my long standing loyalty to AMD and try out Intel for once, likely a Gen 6 Intel I7.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm really thinking of a Gen 6, I7 and an MSI Krait...

1 hour ago, Angelin01 said:

750 Ti eh? So tell us, are looking to upgrade the CPU and Mobo now so you don't have to in at least 4 - 5 years, correct?

My current is 6+ years now I believe... so, yes.

Alright. I'll look over some stuffs for you. Wednesday because I am busy until then. But if you want to start, look for a mobo with lots of support for high speed RAM, Crossfire or SLI (or both) support depending on what you plan on doing. Oh yeah, and about your case, is it full ATX or microATX or mini ITX or are you doing a wall mount cause Yolo?

So really, you are gonna go for a 6700k probably, unless you want to wait a bit see if the new stuff AMD throws out is worth it.

Motherboard, just looking through this list you can guess you aren't really limited, all support 32GB or more RAM, just check if they support higher speeds and have enough ports for your liking and allow for OC.

Now here's the thing, these news 6000 from Intel don't come with a CPU Cooler AFAIK, so you will need to get one if the one you have doesn't work well with it. 

Oh yeah, I'm assuming you are willing to overclock since these new CPUs apparently overclock well in terms of temperature. So I did a bit of googling and people are recomending things like the NH-L12, NH-DL9, NH-D15 or NH-D15S, options are plentiful. You can also try a custom loop if you are feeling brave ;)