Clicky

IcedPhoenix Seferis

Paintball at AnthroCon

So yeah I'm trying to find out who all would join in a game of paintball near the convention center(if I or anyone else can find one preferably a wooded area) and So far I have a definite maybe from Aryte.

Its up in the air right now but if I can get a general estimate of who would like to go so I can see if major planning is worth it.

P.S. Please put down if you have a working Marker and/or face mask.

Edited by IcedPhoenix Seferis

Maaaan. If I was going, I'd so break out my old PB stuff. Maybe one year I'll get to go; it sounds like fun. You should look and see if a field is within 10 or 20 miles of the convention center.

Edit: A sanctioned paintball field, I mean. That way, even if someone shows up without a marker, they can rent one from the pro shop.

Edited by Krow Ames

Maaaan. If I was going, I'd so break out my old PB stuff. Maybe one year I'll get to go; it sounds like fun. You should look and see if a field is within 10 or 20 miles of the convention center.

Edit: A sanctioned paintball field, I mean. That way, even if someone shows up without a marker, they can rent one from the pro shop.

I was thinking that I would tally up who has a gun and who doesn't and if there were too many that didn't have one but wanted to participate I would just look for a Sanctioned paintball field were we could rent guns for the ones that don't have one.

So for any of you that don't want to post because you don't have a gun just post that you don't have one and that you want to play!

I would so be into this. Unfortunately my marker is missing a lot of equipment etc so I would need to rent. Personally I prefer woodball A LOT more than standard fields, but fields are alright too. (I like the thrill of the stealth...I play in an Army BDU).

Yeah, speedball sucks. I prefer woodsball because it's truly the embodiment of paintball. Paintball is the sport of combat. \o/

And yes, please one round in fur suits. That would be hilarious.

okay so here is the closest place I can find. Prices look decent from other places I have looked. And anyone that has any extra markers you are willing to bring for others without them to use please post accordingly.

http://www.trpaintball.com/pricing.htm

And me and Seb can possibly bring 2 extra markers with us but that's still in the air.

ALSO from what I've seen on Google maps its around 10-15 minutes drive away from the convention center depending on traffic.

Additionally any Ordo that are serious about Paint balling please post so that I know how many will be playing. I need a running tally because so far I seem to have 4 positives and 2 possibles and I doubt it would be worth it for just a few of us to go.

Never played. Shoot me the rental prices. Likely a yes from me.

Tho i have no idea what i'd be doing or what i need, me and my friends shoot the crap out of eachother with airsoft guns, and i've fired a paintball gun.

If i need to drop $300 on gear before I go that's a posibility.

I'm pretty acurate, good at getting rediculous shots like hitting someone's elbow behind a tree across a field. lol

I wish to see photos of you people in your paint-splattered bunny suits.

I will pay money for this.

Can't go myself, but this sounds amazing. Please, PLEASE tell me you'll do at least one round in furry suits.

I'll throw in some money for pics of a round in suits. I'd play but I can't go :<

OKAY so the prices for rental is as follows.

The price for the regular package including Admission, a marker(semi-auto), ammo pods(Google it), 200 paint balls(yes you can buy more and no you cant bring your own), and a co2/air tank(not sure if the refills are free or not) and admission. Is 35$

then the extra package is pretty much the same only with 500 paint balls. You save 9$ with that.

And for ammo

100 Rds 7$

500 Rds 30$

1000 Rds 50$

2000 Rds 80$

As for co2/air

well lets just say the refills get up to 8 dollars or 10 for air

(if you want details click the link)

SO I'm guessing in all it would probably take around 65-70 dollars including more ammo(for you spammers) and a co2 refill or two and there is a pro-shop so you can pick up any additional gear you might want(yes...including grenades if you so choose)

And i would like to know how long you all would like to play so we can get a time frame in mind.

Also Kytec 300 dollars was what I spent on my new Tippmann x7 and it looks like it would be easier to just save for a rental unless you plan on doing allot of paint balling when you get back home after the con :P

Looking at prices, I'm probably going to have to pass on the paintball. Saving up to go to both Anthrocon and Otakon, and my funds are slowly increasing, but probably just enough so I can go to both.

I had to give up going to Otakon this year to go to Anthrocon. :<

Okay so I'm thinking what we can do(those of you still wanting to go T_T) is we can go paintballing the 2nd sometime early since not much is going on that day at the con. I'm trying to get in touch with the place to make sure nothing is going on but it looks like all we would have to do is walk in anytime.

Oh and can I get another "\o/" for all the peoples still going :D and me and seb have 1extra marker for use.

and those planning on bringing equipment should just rent the CO2 tanks on the site because they are a pain to mess with to make them plane safe.