Clicky

Aryte

Reminder: Responsibility of Defense

After reviewing a few reports and idle comments in regards to the defense of Titan, I'd like to take a brief moment to refresh everyone on the expectations held during any combat infraction. First and foremost: every person on map is expected to participate in defense, regardless of the number of attackers or the length of attack. Drop what you're doing and get to the line. The sanctity of the region outweighs any other duty. If you are teaching a class, ask the OIC if you're required: do not assume. On several occasions over the last week, single attackers have managed to abuse the assumption of "just one guy" to reach the actual wall area of the base. Even at 7:00 AM-- there's no excuse for that. Secondly, please be sure not to cross orders: the OIC is the only person who should be making calls. Your suggestions are valued, but if you're rattling off on COM during an attack, all you're doing is creating confusion.

Thank you guys. Keep up the good work!

If you're going to go afk for an extended period of time, please do it offsim. Right now it's difficult to tell the people who are AFK and who are just ignoring defense duty. Also, mind the surroundings. If it's late and few are on guard, migrate out of the outpost. Especially during the night hours. If there are five people on sim, then all five need to be on the wall. Not just one person with the rest loitering inside the outpost. During an assault, there should be only one person inside the outpost, the OIC. Everyone else needs to be defending the base. The OIC should be posted at the radar room to keep track of movement and to handle the alarm.

We should designate a small closet for people to afk in. Yes, I know people are going to point out the obvious derogatory comment about being in the closet, but disregard that. A simple small room where people can stuff themselves to go afk. That way, it keeps them out of the way, and too, it concentrates the green dots on the minimap so it looks like we're about to go on a raid 24/7.

We should designate a small closet for people to afk in. Yes, I know people are going to point out the obvious derogatory comment about being in the closet, but disregard that. A simple small room where people can stuff themselves to go afk. That way, it keeps them out of the way, and too, it concentrates the green dots on the minimap so it looks like we're about to go on a raid 24/7.

Rei . . That'd be great. C.A.T.I would be like "Have our men line up on the wall! Ordo are gathering up again. D:"

I agree with Sera, and if you look at other past reports i wrote, i made mention of the laxity of defense. Its not something to joke about, I've seen it in late hours how I'm usually the only one on the wall (save one or two others) while everyone else seems to yander inside the outpost.

Myself, Rei, and Justice all commented on this matter, its something that just cant be ignored, people need to manage defense at all times, even if there are only 5 people on sim.