Clicky

Aryte

Eliminator/Eraser: Banned

Thank you Tsume Xiao for compiling the information. Based upon review and witnessing the weapon in use, I have placed a ban upon it's use within Titan. Henceforth, the Eliminator and the Eraser made by Trenchcoat Mafia are banned.

-Bullets are spheres, bouncy, and contain popgun bullet scripts, that are complex, laggy, and long.

-All Bullets (explosive, napalm, ect) are the same prim on the outside.

-This makes legal and illegal bullets identical to view.

-Bullets have a tenancy to penetrate prims.

-Anti Shield breaker bullets, again, Identical to damage bullet in appearance, penetrate over 50m of alternating 10m cubes and hollow spaces.

-Napalm Bullet "Napalm- On impact this round rezzes a series of up to 20 fireballs with 100% damage in random directions." Enough Said

-Unlimited ammo mode.

-Minigun mode. Rezzes double the bullets at once

****NOTE*** This is how we can tell the Eliminator Geodan is using is NOT really an Eliminator, but an Erazer. The Erazer's minigun mode rezzes a 5 prim cross each shot (like a shotgun), which is how Geodan's "Eliminator" fires.

-Brain Chef: Giant smiley face bullet that shouts at combatants

-Brain Chef Ambassador: Same, but red and shouts meaner things.

-Howitzer, Mortar, and Rocket rounds

Same round internally, but the first two drop while the last has a linear trajectory.

Howitzer and Rocket look like Damage bullet

Rez Massive 10M spheres

Mortar round is invisible .01x.01x.01 tapered cone. Cannot be seen.

Good to see it banned. That weapon has caused serious issues and having fought against it i find it a very unpractical and unfair weapon. Tsume's report clearly shows my thoughts were correct on how cheap this weapon is. Geodan must have done something when he showed it to Niiya to get it cleared. Thats the only reason i can see since Niiya would never miss something like this in a weapon.

As Tsume and I have both noticed (probably more of you too), these guys will hand you one gun to review, then use a different one when you okay it. The gun they hand us is bad enough as it is, but the one they use is much more ridiculous. That is completely dishonest, and I expect that they'll whip up some new name for the same thing again, to further waste our time.

As Tsume and I have both noticed (probably more of you too), these guys will hand you one gun to review, then use a different one when you okay it. The gun they hand us is bad enough as it is, but the one they use is much more ridiculous. That is completely dishonest, and I expect that they'll whip up some new name for the same thing again, to further waste our time.

They did this at New Jessie with the Erazer, so dont feel bad :<

Also, Its more than a different version.

What they showed you was probably "Auto Rifle" mode, which fires one bullet at a time, and is fairly legit.

What they would be using would be "Minigun" mode, which fires 2 bullets at a time (LOL DOUBLE BARREL HURR!), or "Unlimited" which is infinite ammo "Minigun" mode.

Furthermore...

What Geodan was using was actually the Eraser scripts shoved into the Eliminator model, which in and of itself is just the Eraser model, with the drum mad removed and side grip turn downed to look like a magazine, and a camo texture changed from the metal texture.

As listed in the report, this was evident from the 5-bullet spread that was fired from his gun with each shot. This 5-bullet spread is the trademark of the Eraser's "Minigun" mode and also why he claims in his description of "The most versitile gun available for SL combat" can fire 2700 round per minute... because it rezzes 5 at a time.

From a discussion with Scylla about the Eraser when it was under review at New Jessie (Caine said it was fine but I wasnt convinced) he would get extremely defensive whenever scripts would come up, saying he was an experianced coder who could script circles around me and how dare I question his abilities. If the man cant make his own bullet script, I kinda doubt his actually scripting abilities, and feel bad for anyone who pays $1200L for the Eraser (you cannot buy the Eliminator, it is sent out once you buy the Eraser with a notecard that basically saying "The Eraser sucked and got banned, have this nearly identical thing that is marginally toned down). I have some of the scripts that he didnt perm (cause he didnt make them).

So yeah...

Good Riddance to bad rubbish.

More Rants Tonight... Woot.

~Tsume

finally... now i have to wonder if they will try and make a third...

That's always a fear im sure that is dawning. People will never really give up from greifing a sim, and knowing now that we have banned his second gun, I'm sure he will try a third (though knowing this now, I'm sure it would fail)

I'd concur with the 'blanket ban' on any and all projects of Trenchcoat Mafia. These two have been nothing but trouble since I have known them, and that precedes my enlistment by quite a bit. I admin at the Pure Combat sim, and their items have never been approved there; consequentially when Geodan first started to patron the sim we had to revise the rules almost every other week for about three months; he habitually exploits anything he can. Also had similar experiences with Scylla and his scripting, he is extremely boastful of his abilities but you can't actually get anything substantial out of him regarding what he does.

Anything that is collaborated between these two will never be good.

At this point, he'd have to give it to us full-perm, have it run through script-by-script, object-by-object, then have an "auth" prim attached by someone credible like Syl or Niiya and the gun made no-mod to show that he's using the EXACT version we approved.

And that ain't gonna happen.

It'd have to be no-copy as well then, as otherwise he'd be able to take the 'auth' prim off and attach it to the other models. I think it's easier to just say anything they use of their own creation should be forbidden. They've abused our trust countless times before and have shown that they will not hesitate to do it again.

At this point, he'd have to give it to us full-perm, have it run through script-by-script, object-by-object, then have an "auth" prim attached by someone credible like Syl or Niiya and the gun made no-mod to show that he's using the EXACT version we approved.

And that ain't gonna happen.

quite right... apart from sirlor who sells his scripts full permed... i know no weapon scripter that would give anyone any script of theirs full permed... even if they did, that wouldnt stop them changing it back to their usual unfair type... simply put, they are not to be trusted, so their weaponry gets banned...

Edited by Sera Otoro

quite right... apart from sirlor who sells his scripts full permed... i know no weapon scripter that would give anyone any script of theirs full permed... even if they did, that wouldnt stop them changing it back to their usual unfair type... simply put, they are not to be trusted, so their weaponry gets banned...

Another one does, I have the scripts (and they're terrible)...name escapes me right now.

All I can say about them is, 6 rez slaves and every time you fire the gun in single-fire mode, it resets 16 scripts. :3

Who needs built-in delay when you can just lag it into an acceptable fire rate?

Edit: Griffon Yeats! That's who.

Edited by Anlysia Gregoire

It'd have to be no-copy as well then, as otherwise he'd be able to take the 'auth' prim off and attach it to the other models. I think it's easier to just say anything they use of their own creation should be forbidden. They've abused our trust countless times before and have shown that they will not hesitate to do it again.

I think its sad really, we gave them that trust and that chance to show us they could fight fair, and they go about and throw dirt in our eyes. Personally that just annoys me, we shouldn't have to go and take the gun apart piece by piece cause that takes our time away, giving us more work. Though Tsume's example is a good idea to use for anything that may deem it necessary, the whole fact we have to do it really hinders the "benefit of the doubt" we give people with sketchy guns and that they aren't Spamtastic or broken

Edited by Silver Meridoc